Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa State Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by wr54
    Hey everybody! Man I cant believe i didnt hear about this until last night-I was listening to WNAX off and on in the morning-yes it does come in pretty good even in North central MN-but i guess i didnt catch anything. This is gonna be great! I taped the Iowa-Iowa State game from last year, it was 90 degrees, windy, and Jack Trice was sold out with thousands of fans left outside the stadium. What a great atmosphere! I hope its like that when we play them! 8-)

Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City is even better (in my opinion), so I hope we get Iowa one of these years. You won't find many college towns that are more fun on a game day than Iowa City.

Comment

Better people, better crowd, better environment at Iowa State(more like us). Not to mention better drive. Coralville is a long way from Brookings or Sioux Falls.

Comment

NDSU will also play Iowa State ('09). Link to a Des Moines Register story:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb.../60622020/1003

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jaxfan
          Better people, better crowd, better environment at Iowa State(more like us). Not to mention better drive. Coralville is a long way from Brookings or Sioux Falls.
          Yes, it's a two-hour shorter drive. Clearly a deal-breaker. Why would anyone go to an Iowa game? Oh, wait... 72,000 do every home game vs. 48,000 "better people" at ISU.

I suppose I could argue, but that's not the point of this thread. I was just expressing my hope that we'll play Iowa sometime. I wasn't passing judgment (as you did) on an entire community of fans who, in your sterling judgment aren't "better people".

Comment

Only on this board can hard feelings be had when discussing the fact that SDSU signed up to play ISU in 2008. I blame it on the wind and the heat. SD summers can in many ways be worse than the winters when the wind and dust is kicking around.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I have an idea for 2010 to settle this!

Iowa and Iowa State play each other and then we'll take on the winner at Coughlin Alumni! We ceratinly want to play the better team! ;D

Seriously, you two guys sound like a couple of UND and NDSU fans going at it.

Let's just be happy for SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Great news for SDSU.

But I've also got to add this to the argument going on above

I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I didn't mean to offend, one too many brewskis and I was pretty excited about the news. Either place would be great to play, just like the crowd better at Cyclone Stadium.

Comment

I think it is great to play regional D1 teams for a pay check, but I think it is more prudent to sign long term contracts with regional D1-AA teams like UNI, UNC, Western, Eastern, & IL State, SE & MoState and UND & USD when they get going in '08/'09. And any Minnesota schools that might make the jump(SCSU and MSU-Mankato).

Boy, throw NDSU in the mix and that looks like the start of a great conference, but that a story for another time.

Comment

Except you lose major dollars

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

We can and are doing both! 8-)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                        X