One game does not a season break or make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One game does not a season break or make

I think we all understand each other very well. Its nice to clarify once in awhile. A loss like last weeks really shook me up. I must admit the my time here really helps me stay grounded, not to mention my job.

Sorry about your loss Haldersham. If there is anything you need to hesitate to ask. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A win Saturday would cure all of the current ills. Last year was close. SDSU needs to approach this game as UW-L approached last weeks game and they'll be fine. Good Luck and Go Jacks!!

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

Denial.
          Anger.
          Bargaining.
          Depression.
          Acceptance.

Pretty much describes what my emotions have been since last Saturday.

I think I've made it to Acceptance now. Forward we go. Beat the Grizzlies!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            I think we all understand each other very well.  Its nice to clarify once in awhile.  A loss like last weeks really shook me up.  I must admit the my time here really helps me stay grounded, not to mention my job.

Sorry about your loss Haldersham.  If there is anything you need to hesitate to ask.  You and your family will be in my prayers.
            Jackmd:

Thanks, I realize you are very passionate about SDSU and probably are equally passionate about your practice. High standards no doubt are required in the field of medicine. I think most of us lay people, do not have those standards and that is why we come to people like yourself for health care.  I will IM about the death in my family. Maybe the shoot about malpractice insurance was not necessary. My apologies, and yes I am tired of an average program.

I think average program is more about being underbudget for football. I would love to find the football budget numbers for NDSU and SDSU since 1963 and lay them side by side. I think I could then prove my point. We haven't made a good assistant coach comfortable enough to stay. True many are very young but talented. Coach Garry comes to mind, but when you are married to a talented attorney with better offers everywhere else but South Dakota, how can you find a way for them to stay? You can't.

I do think with better salaries you possibly can attract and keep a coach like Freidel currently at USD, who is still recovering from that bad accident. I dont think Freidel made big bucks at Augie or USD but he has just stayed in the game because he loves coaching defense. He no dobut is an exception in that he has stayed around this long. I dont think he is doing it for the money. I tend to think there are more mature in age coaches and with the right salary, they might be with us a while. I am speculating here.

I dont know how anyone can not say the turnover of assistant coaches has not affected our program. Nobody has said much about  it here, but I feel its a big factor.  Last year Stig brought DJ Fischer and Gabe Koeningsfeld, seniors to the Jackrabbit Club. I was impressed with both of these guys, but Stig complimented them for staying with the football program which had three different defensive line coaches in four years.

I guess what I am saying that a housecleaning may not solve the problem until we find a way to retain a good staff. I think there are a number of big D1A coaches who are making the big bucks that they are only because they have a crew that moves with or if one of them leaves, they know someone who can fill in. We are not paying the sufficent salaries to hire and retain these types of coaches who come with a set crew. The bottom line is we need to fix what is broke and that is the turnover of assistants.

Comment

Shock/denial (Sat night - Monday):

We were all shocked that we lost to UWL and couldn't believe what happened.

Searching/yearning (Monday - Wednesday):

A lot of us began searching for a new coach and a new QB.

Disorganization (Wednesday - Thursday):

People accusing others of losing faith in SDSU. And others accusing them of being critical of their right to an opinion.

Organization (Thursday - present):

We all agree that it's time to move on and focus on Montana.

I guess the coaches and players probably had to go through these stages in about 24 hours. We had all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                I think average program is more about being underbudget for football. I would love to find the football budget numbers for NDSU and SDSU since 1963 and lay them side by side. I think I could then prove my point.
                As would I, great point!

Comment

Quoting author=SUPERBUNNY

A picture is worth a thousand chat room words!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY

By the way, SUPERBUNNY, that is a great image of what will surely happen this week end. Keep up the good work!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                    [img]  http://www.photosphrases.com/grizzly%20bears/playdead.jpg[/img]

A picture is worth a thousand chat room words!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
                    Isn't that just simply a picture of a bear rolling over laughing barely able to contain him or herself. ;D
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan

Isn't that just simply a picture of a bear rolling over laughing barely able to contain him or herself.   ;D

Coyote Fan:

You are making assumptions.  All we know for certain is that it is a bear on its back with its feet in the air.  You must not be a science major or you would realize that making assumptions can be a dangerous thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X