Cal-Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cal-Poly

Jaron, Wags, and the rest of the boys are pumped for the game. It might be the best comeback in the history of STATE football. A few of the professors were talking about it in class, maybe that will perk the interest of students. Had a nice convo with Wags and Jaron, these guys never say die.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
      I have a few more observations from the game.  After we scored the first touchdown, Cal Poly took the field at their 20 and had to call a time out because they could not get the play off in time.  I just laughed at the time thinking, you have been on the sidelines for nearly 5 minutes watching your opponent score and you don't have a play called, so you call a time out?  They ran the ball for no gain on 1st and 10.  The next play they ran the clock down again and had to call time out again because they could not get the play off.  The guy in front of me was beside himself.  At that moment I knew we had a chance, Cal Poly was really playing not to lose and lose they did.

The other observation that I found humorous was their punting.  Just prior to the first TD, Cal Poly punted and it went about 20 yards on the fly and rolled 14 yards for a 34 yard punt.  The punt was so poor that Horn had no chance of catching it on the fly.  The next punt he shanked so bad that it hit a cheerleader standing near the grandstands.  The guy in front of me was really pissed about that kick.  The last punt was his worst punt, he shanked it so bad that it landed three rows up into the stands behind the Jacks bench.  I think it netted 17 yards.  We ended up with the ball at mid field for the last TD drive.

The other observation that I thought was odd was during the kickoffs.  Normally State fans ring cow bells, and some people may think that is odd but I kind of like it.  At Cal Poly most of the people bring out there key rings and shake their keys during the kickoff.  I thought that was very weak.  They have to come up with something better than that.
      NorCalJack,

As much as it pains me, all of your observations are correct.  Taking nothing away from the Jacks because they deserved to win the game, but the offensive play calling by the Cal Poly coaches was the worst I have seen in a long time.  Calling the two time outs about put me in the hospital with a stroke.  It was if they were not even concerned with getting a first down and they thought the game was won.  3rd and 14 and they run.  Coach Stig must of thought he was getting a gift.  Cal Poly did everything wrong in the 4th and the Jacks did everything right.  The worst was being down by one point throwing into the endzone when all they needed was about another 10 yards for and decent FG attempt.  BTW, our punter killed us but he is not our punter, he is our place kicker who is filling in for our injured punter Tim Chicoine.

Best wishes to the Jacks the rest of the season.  Your team has shown how huge their heart is by bouncing back from the way your season started and by bouncing back in the 4th quarter of the Cal Poly game.  Most teams would have probably laid down in both situation and the Jacks did anything but.

Now go beat Davis.

Comment

Slostang

I just wanted to comment on your stadium. Although it was not complete when I was there, it was close enough that you can see what a great facility that will be for your team. I was sitting in the east side and the sun was brutal, tough to see with the sun in your eyes. The new stands on the west side will be in the shade and I think this alone will increase your attendance.

I bought my tickets on-line before I went to the game. When I got to SLO, my wife's cousin said he had a friend with tickets on the west side if I wanted them. I turned him down because I had my own tickets, but I wish I had taken him up on his offer. We ran into him and his wife at the game and he said that I would regret not taking his offer and he was right. He has one of the new luxury boxes when they are complete and said the next time SDSU plays Cal-Poly, that I could have a seat. Everyone at the game was great and I had a good time. I'm really looking forward to the next game.

Good Luck against NDSU, that may be the key to us winning or sharing the conference title.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
        X