No excuses, be @ CAS for Hobo Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No excuses, be @ CAS for Hobo Day

just drove by the stadium tonight. There are bleachers set up in the North End zone. Nothing yet on the south side
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

The weather keeps changing . . .

53 degrees
      mostly sunny
      winds from the northwest at 18

a great day for football!

Comment

You DO realize, of course, most forecasts are accurate up to 36 hours only. After that, it's a crap-shoot.

I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Now there is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one accurate and weather forcast in the same post! ;D

Unless, OF COURSE, its from the KELOLAND LIVE DOPPLER WEATHER CENTER! :P

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

You can ask any self-respecting meteorologist and they'll tell you they can usually predict the upcoming 36 hours with some accuracy. After that, it's all models and guessing.
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

The Chili is made, beer is cold, and the Cider is ready to be heated and added to Sounds like a great day for parades, tailgating and football. I'm ready !!!

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I'm sulking, by the way. Somebody call the boys at WNAX. I'm going to need their A+ game this week. I want detailed descriptions of the field, players, crowd, colors, weather, cheerleaders, female fans in attendance, the bands, the visiting crowd, formations, cheerleaders, down and distance by the inch, backyard attendance and festivities, cheerleaders, gameplans, direct quotes from coaches and players, how to save money on my taxes and cheerleaders. That will help.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

The field will be really impressive for the game and events leading up to the game will be cool.

Comment

Sulking here too, they won't close the hospital for 6 hours tomorrow so I can attend the game. I can't find anyone to cover for me so... I'll be listening. If Jerry O. is lurking see if you can arrange for a video tape of the game. I wonder if its unprofessional to wear headphones while admitting a patient?

Everyone who is lucky enough to attend the game, enjoy it. Relish the chance to experience the backyard, enjoy your fellow Jackrabbit fan's company, feel that gush of pride that occurs as the Rabbits take the field and The Pride booms out the school song. I know I'll feel it and I'll be 130 miles away! I'm getting excited just thinking about tomorrow, man I wish I could be there!!
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was in the ticket office this morning and I learned that less than 300 reserved tickets remain. I think they are expecting rather brisk walk up business so you may need to get in early to reserve your seat!
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        The field will be really impressive for the game and events leading up to the game will be cool.
                        Agreed! I drove by CAS today, it looks awesome. They are flying a very large South Dakota State Flag on flag pole where the United States of America usually flies. In addition, from what I could tell they have aligned the East side seating with many flags. I beleive (my guess) it is all 50 state flags and a number of USA flags are flying around the CAS as well. I can't wait. Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I can't remember when I've been this excited about a game. Let's set the d*mn record!

Comment

Well, I'm going to try to arrive late and find a seat. In the closing seconds I pulled it off with great sacrifice on my part. A partner will cover for me after clinic today and I will take his call tomorrow and round on his patients. Tomorrow is going to be a long day but it will be well worth it! Wife is loading the kids and we should be on the road by 12:00. That will put us in Brookings at 1:30-1:45 which means I need someone to save 4 seats for me!! Worse case, we stay in the backyard and enjoy the weather.

Funny how life just seems to work out for Jackrabbit fans.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X