No excuses, be @ CAS for Hobo Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No excuses, be @ CAS for Hobo Day

Jackmd... two techniques to get people to switch with you...

1) Puppy-Dog Eyes

2) Outright Bribery!!!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
      Jackmd... two techniques to get people to switch with you...

1) Puppy-Dog Eyes

2) Outright Bribery!!!
      Nothing puppy-dog about my eyes but bribery is surely not below my standards.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You're a doctor, you can afford it!

And if all else fails, temper-tantrums do the trick nicely! LOL
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
          [quote author=jackrabit1 link=1161614785/15#15 date=1161629116]Jackmd... two techniques to get people to switch with you...

1) Puppy-Dog Eyes

2) Outright Bribery!!!
          Nothing puppy-dog about my eyes but bribery is surely not below my standards.[/quote]

Just threaten to go all House, M.D. on their sorry hinders . . . that oughta do it!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Say, filbert, would it be a good idea to have name tags? I'm sure no one will know me from a side of chipped beef when I come up on Friday!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
              Say, filbert, would it be a good idea to have name tags? I'm sure no one will know me from a side of chipped beef when I come up on Friday!

Good idea! I'll bring some labels and a Sharpie.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

no need to bring your own grill... if you want a great place to hang before the game, the Alumni Association will have a huge tent with burgers, beer, pop, and heaters. Stop by, we open at 11am. Those who stopped by the tent last season know it is a great place to be.

Check out www.statealum.com for more information.

Comment

Bleachers will be brought to the South Side on the road. It will still be open down by the fence.

Comment

The forecast:

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 44.

Somehow, a Hobo Day forecast without "Snow showers before 1 p.m." just doesn't sound right.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Where is everyone going be while watching the parade?  I won't make it to Brookings until Saturday morning.  I'd like to meet a few of the people who post but Friday night won't work.

I usually watch from somewhere near Nicks Hamburger Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        The forecast:

Somehow, a Hobo Day forecast without "Snow showers before 1 p.m." just doesn't sound right.

Gotta love South Dakota weather!

Intellicast is now forecasting:
                        Saturday:
                        Snow showers at times. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.

http://intellicast.com/IcastPage/Loa...p;prodnav=none

Comment

For all those people who believe we don't need USD, Saturday is the perfect opportunity to prove it!

SDSU drew 14,503 to CAS last year for Hobo Day for a game with cruddy weather and a mediocre opponent. This year, The Jacks play a ranked conference rival and are on a four-game win streak. (No weather predictions here :-X) The CAS (and Hobo Day) attendance record is 16,193 for the 1985 game against USD.

Come to the game and encourage your friends to attend so we can break the football attendance record and show USD that we don't need them to have a record crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                            For all those people who believe we don't need USD, Saturday is the perfect opportunity to prove it!

SDSU drew 14,503 to CAS last year for Hobo Day for a game with cruddy weather and a mediocre opponent. This year, The Jacks play a ranked conference rival and are on a four-game win streak. (No weather predictions here :-X) The CAS (and Hobo Day) attendance record is 16,193 for the 1985 game against USD.

Come to the game and encourage your friends to attend so we can break the football attendance record and show USD that we don't need them to have a record crowd.
                            I don't think we need to show USD anything but still encourage as many people as possible to attend the game. CAS is a wonderful venue and its even better with the backyard and a Hobo Day game. It beats the heck out of any other venue in the state and ought to be experienced. I promise you if you go once you will return in the future.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
                              [quote author=filbert link=1161614785/15#23 date=1161648625]The forecast:

Gotta love South Dakota weather!

Intellicast is now forecasting:
                              Saturday:
                              Snow showers at times. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.

http://intellicast.com/IcastPage/Loa...p;prodnav=none
                              [/quote]

www.weather.com has a forcast of about 45 degrees, partly cloudy with west winds at about 12 mph.  I looks like a great day for football.

Comment

Weather reports are improving...it should be in the 50s, partly cloudy and only a 10% chance of precip. That's perfect football weather and I think we'll see a great crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X