Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker/Conf Champ Game Thread

Originally posted by Rabbit3467
    Probably frustration from watson, he's a very emotional player.  Great year for the Jacks, Great year seniors.
    Watson absolutely ran over that guy. Just didn't need to drop the ball on his head...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
      [quote author=gojacksgo link=1163891456/195#201 date=1163903983]Why call that?  It happens after every play...
      From the video feed it looked like an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to me.[/quote]

Ok, I must have missed it. Nevermind my posts then.

Comment

Great season Jackrabbits, congrats to all the seniors and the rest of the players and a special thanks to Andy for taking all those hard hits and never giving up!!

Comment

The Jacks showed a lot of character this year but we could have been 2 - 9 as easly as 7 - 4. There are a lot of players that wanted it this year.

Comment

Kardoes for Great West MVP!!!!!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I just hope that no one in the offices at the HPER is satisified. This season was a fantastic step in the right direction but I want more!

Comment

Very good season, Jacks... I'd call it great, but I think that is NOT giving your team enough credit.

And, Kardoes, how can a guy throw that well on the run. I remember when SDSU one the first Border Marker battle, a lot of us complained about poor tackling by our defenders - after tonight's game, I'm thinking it was just Jackrabbits refuse to go down.

I also loved it when the SDSU receiver stomped on the Bison in the end zone... I thought that was pretty cool. Hopefully us fans can still get along because our teams really go to war out there.

Comment

This team's made me interested in SDSU athletics after 40 years. I'll be up in Macomb in August. Hope the men's BB team eventually displays the same kind of guts.

Comment

Great Season by everyone.

I've been very into this team, for some reason.

I was at that first game, and I watched the second game on the internet feed.

Kept track of the games on the net...for all 3 of the big comebacks.

Was at Hobo Day.

It was just a great season to be a Jack.

Congrats to NDSU...you have a terrific team.

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                      Very good season, Jacks... I'd call it great, but I think that is NOT giving your team enough credit.

And, Kardoes, how can a guy throw that well on the run. I remember when SDSU one the first Border Marker battle, a lot of us complained about poor tackling by our defenders - after tonight's game, I'm thinking it was just Jackrabbits refuse to go down.

I also loved it when the SDSU receiver stomped on the Bison in the end zone... I thought that was pretty cool. Hopefully us fans can still get along because our teams really go to war out there.

Thanks for the good will Tony. We can get along until we're officially on the same level as the Bison. Then, no promises!

Comment

I just to thank kardoes, wats, butters, micah, marty, and all the other seniors for a great jackrabbit football season. And good luck in the future.

Comment

It starts all over again on Monday. 364 days till we claim the Great West in 2007.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

The last of the crew I played with are officially done. I'm going to have to make an effort and learn the younger players now.

Comment

Great season, Bunnies,,,,you gave the Bison all that and then some....great season and here's to next year....

Comment

From ESPN
                                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?...&confId=43

NDSU 41, SDSU 28
                                FARGO, N.D. (AP) -- Travis White sealed the game and a Great West Football Conference title with an 84-yard punt return as North Dakota State defeated South Dakota State 41-28 Saturday.

A record crowd of 19,053 at the Fargodome was treated to a night of offensive fireworks, with the teams combining for more than 700 yards of total offense. There were four lead changes.

The Bison (10-1, 4-0 GWFC) rallied twice in the second half. They were clinging to a 31-28 lead when White broke several tackles en route to the clinching touchdown with 6:13 left.

Neither the No. 4 Bison nor No. 18 Jackrabbits are eligible for the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs.

Wide receiver John Majeski was the key to the Bison surge in the third quarter -- as a rusher. He reeled off two long gains on end-around plays, one for 65 yards that led to a Tyler Roehl touchdown run and another for 45 yards and a score.

The latter run put the Bison ahead 24-21 late in the third quarter, the fourth lead change of the game. NDSU stretched that advantage to 31-21 with 15 seconds left in the quarter on a 41-yard touchdown pass from Steve Walker to Kole Heckendorf.

The Jackrabbits (7-4, 3-1 GWFC) responded quickly to start the fourth quarter, when quarterback Andy Kardoes hooked up with a wide-open Micah Johnson on a 60-yard touchdown pass. That pulled SDSU within 31-28 with 14:16 left.

The Bison defense held SDSU scoreless the rest of the way.

Shawn Bibeau kicked a pair of field goals for NDSU.

The Bison lead 10-0 in the first quarter on a 41-yard field goal by Bibeau and a 12-yard touchdown run by Kyle Steffes.

SDSU connected on two big pass plays to go ahead in the second quarter. A 51-yard pass from Kardoes to Chris Wagner set up a 1-yard scoring run by Anthony Watson, and 43-yard touchdown pass from Kardoes to Johnson made it 14-10 at half.

Comment

Working...
                                X