2007 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Schedule

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that Montana lacks tha cajones to come to Brookings. In my opinion, this is a case of extremely poor sportsmanship on their part. Stig shouldn't be upset, he should be LIVID!

I'm glad we went to the Mid-Con... as far as I can tell, the B.S. Conference can kiss my yellow-and-blue backside! Hey butt-heads! You're not the end-all-be-all in I-AA! Big West and Gateway could grind your sorry backsides into talcum powder!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      I don't care who Montana thinks they are it's bush league to buy out the the game after we fulfilled our 2 games on the road in Missoulia. I hope Idaho State is blacklisted after the BS they pulled this year in football. i believe we already cancelled a basketball game with them which I would assume was some retribution.    
      Sounds like Stig agrees with you. I do too. The BS conference and that jerk they call their commisioner can shove it as far as I'm concerned. In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't accept a spot in that conference. It would have been a step backwards for us.

The Montana athletes, fans, coaches and alumni should feel ashamed. Cowardly, dishonest, disrespectful, those are just a few of the thoughts that come to my mind.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Cowardly, dishonest, disrespectful, those are just a few of the thoughts that come to my mind.
        Speaking of USD . I can't quite remember where I heard this from so take it for what it is worth. I heard that contact has been made to try to schedule USD to fill the hole left by Montana.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
          Cowardly, dishonest, disrespectful, those are just a few of the thoughts that come to my mind.
          Speaking of USD . I can't quite remember where I heard this from so take it for what it is worth. I heard that contact has been made to try to schedule USD to fill the hole left by Montana.
          Do we really need to be trying to get another home game next season? Why won't we just start the away end of a home and away? We need games in 08 worse than next season, don't we?

Comment

We need a total of 11 games.  Here is what the 2007 schedule looks like now that Montana backed out:

Aug. 30 - at Western Illinois
            Sept. 8 - TBA
            Sept. 15 - TBA
            Sept. 22 - Texas State
            Sept. 29 - Stephen F. Austin
            Oct. 6 - at Georgia Southern
            Oct. 13 - TBA
            Oct. 20 - Cal Poly
            Oct. 27 - at UC Davis
            Nov. 3 - at Central Arkansas
            Nov.10 - Southern Utah
            Nov. 17 - NDSU

We also have Youngstown State on the road, but I haven't seen the date yet, so I think we are looking for one more home game.  With as tough of a schedule as we already have a D-II warm up game after WIU wouldn't be a bad idea.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by Statebasketballfan
              [quote author=EQguy link=1158777639/30#32 date=1163974382]
              Speaking of USD  .  I can't quite remember where I heard this from so take it for what it is worth.  I heard that contact has been made to try to schedule USD to fill the hole left by Montana.  
              Do we really need to be trying to get another home game next season?  Why won't we just start the away end of a home and away?  We need games in 08 worse than next season, don't we?[/quote]

08 will probably be our first season in the GATEWAY. What we have to date is going to change.

Comment

Montana Game

Just noticed this on Terry's blog, looks like there may still be hope for the game.

"In the meantime, a couple of football updates: SDSU AD Fred Oien said that the Gateway Football Conference has received the packet of information it requested from the school, and that commissioner Patty Viverito has called a couple of times with follow-up questions related to the submitted materials. Also, the game against Montana scheduled for 2007 remains up in the air. Might happen, might not. The schools are still hashing that out. "

Comment

Re: Montana Game

Originally posted by Jacks02
                  Just noticed this on Terry's blog, looks like there may still be hope for the game.

"In the meantime, a couple of football updates: SDSU AD Fred Oien said that the Gateway Football Conference has received the packet of information it requested from the school, and that commissioner Patty Viverito has called a couple of times with follow-up questions related to the submitted materials. Also, the game against Montana scheduled for 2007 remains up in the air. Might happen, might not. The schools are still hashing that out. "
                  Maybe Montana is having second thoughts about backing out? Or maybe whatever I-A they had lined up for that date is trying to back out on them. That would be irony.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert, could you move this to the 2007 schedule thread?

Comment

Yup . . . um . . . as soon as I figure out how . . .

. . . Oh, it would be that "splice" button at the bottom that I somehow overlooked previously. Duh.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Gads, what losers over there in the Big Sky. In a few years, Montana will be on the downslide looking for games. Maybe UND will give them one.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up
                          Gads, what losers over there in the Big Sky. In a few years, Montana will be on the downslide looking for games. Maybe UND will give them one.
                          Montana was probably thrilled to hear UND and USD were moving up because they probably can get two home games out of each school during their transition.....of course, I am a proponent of the BS Conference adding UND and USD because they are a perfect fit for each other....... : : :

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                            [quote author=Jacks02 link=1164825444/0#0 date=1164825443]Just noticed this on Terry's blog, looks like there may still be hope for the game.

Maybe Montana is having second thoughts about backing out?  Or maybe whatever I-A they had lined up for that date is trying to back out on them.  That would be irony.[/quote]

Or maybe SDSU is playing hardball and squeezing them for a little more than they're willing to spend?

"You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Over on the Any Given Saturday board a UNI fan has posted that UNI will take Montana's Date of Sept. 15th at Coughlin-Alumni.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                                Over on the Any Given Saturday board a UNI fan has posted that UNI will take Montana's Date of Sept. 15th at Coughlin-Alumni.

Go State!  
                                Excellent, I would much rather see a Gateway school than a BS school. UNI fans will travel much better, too. Looking forward to the backyard that day.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X