2007 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Recruits

What's this I hear about SDSU recruiting kids from Wisconsin?

Wisconsin is OUR goldmine.

Iowa is YOUR goldmine.

NDSU hasn't brought up a kid from Iowa since Bohl has been there. But if we wanted, we could easily sign 3-5 3 star players from Iowa and hurt your recruiting efforts there.

Stay out of Wisconsin and we'll stay out of Iowa, ok?

Comment

Actually we have gotten kids from Wisconsin for the last three years
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I don't think you want NDSU hitting Iowa hard. That's not going to be something that's beneficial to your recruiting efforts there.

Comment

Originally posted by 2006gwfcchamps
          I don't think you want NDSU hitting Iowa hard. That's not going to be something that's beneficial to your recruiting efforts there.
          Bring it! :

Go State!

Comment

: ;D

Comment

Was just doing some poking around on some recruiting sites and came up with 5 guys that are considering us. As was stated in a previous post, looks like we are competing against some big schools in the region.

WR Colin Gilbert
              (Ironwood Ridge HS)
              Tucson, AZ 6-3/195 Med No Northern Arizona, South Dakota State, Wyoming

S Marcus Wallace
              (Germantown HS)
              Germantown, WI 6-3/200 Med No Northern Illinois, South Dakota State, Wisconsin, Wyoming

DE Luke Lingenfelter
              (Plainview Secondary School)
              Plainview, NE 6-3/220 Med No Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota State

OT Kyle Staudt
              (N Iowa Area)
              Mason City, IA 6-5/300/5.40 Med No Illinois State, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State, Southern Miss, Western Illinois

S Jacob Juedes
              (Sheboygan Falls HS)
              Sheboygan Falls, WI 6-2/185/4.65 Med No Army, Ball State, Indiana, Iowa State, North Dakota State, Northern Illinois, South Dakota State

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
                DE Luke Lingenfelter
                Plainview, NE 6-3/220 Med No Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota State
                I wonder if he is related to Steve Lingenfelter, he played basketball for SDSU in the early 80's.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

It would be nice to know of those listed which schools they actually visited. Since recruits can only make 5 official visits that would eliminate the options for they guys that have more than 5 schools listed. Unless of course they would still consider a school after making an unofficial visit or none at all, which isn't out of the question. I know if my kid was being looked at by more than 5+ schools I would certainly try my hardest to get him/her to all the schools interested. Knowing where they visited would help clear up who are still interested and who the recruit is interested. I also understand these kind of listings are likely to include a school even if minimal interest is ever shown.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy
                    I spoke with one of the coaches last night at the game and he told me that recruiting was going pretty well.  I thought he said there were about 5 commits to this point.  Right now they are in their quiet period so they can only contact each recruit once a week.  One thing that I found exciting/interesting about the conversation is that he mentioned that they have been butting heads with San Diego State, Wyoming and Ohio University to name a few.
                    It sounds as though 5 verbals at this point is correct and we are looking for 14-15 more. The coaches say our prospect list is better than ever so hopefully we'll have a lot to talk about come signing day.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
                      [quote author=Jacks02 link=1126384259/60#65 date=1168237447]
                      DE Luke Lingenfelter
                      I wonder if he is related to Steve Lingenfelter, he played basketball for SDSU in the early 80's.
                      [/quote]

Steve's brother Jim also played bball for the Jacks.

Comment

What's this I hear about SDSU recruiting kids from Wisconsin?

Wisconsin is OUR goldmine.

Iowa is YOUR goldmine.

NDSU hasn't brought up a kid from Iowa since Bohl has been there. But if we wanted, we could easily sign 3-5 3 star players from Iowa and hurt your recruiting efforts there.

Stay out of Wisconsin and we'll stay out of Iowa, ok?
                        Got a good laugh out of that one...your humor is appreciated, 2006gwfchamps. Iowans won't go north of Minneapolis. People from Wisconsin, on the other hand, will wander straight west on occasion (sometimes you have to use tree decoys to attract them).

Comment

Pretty sure if Bohl could land better players in Iowa he would do it, I'm sure he isn't holding back as a favor to the jacks.

Comment

Heard Mark Kools son Dirk verbal to SDSU, one of the kids he played with verbaled also.

Got a stud there.

Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                              Heard Mark Kools son Dirk verbal to SDSU, one of the kids he played with verbaled also.

Got a stud there.

Go Jacks
                              Good news. I know Mark is great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden

Got a stud there.

Go Jacks
                                Any other info on this kid...where from, accomplishments, etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X