This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2007 Football Season Countdown

Don't you guys get it. This is merely a ploy by the band in order for them to say "see, we are more important than the action on the field, look at how many people want us there". We all enjoy the band, they are one of the best in all of college athletics from what we have all seen. Problem is certain people associated with said band come across as thinking they are the reason people show up to sporting event. I say let them stay home. Wouldn't bother me a bit if I was still working in the AD, nor would it bother me if I was at the game and they didn't show up. As some have said, better seating for the fans just opened up.

My guess is that after many "requests" from distraught fans, the Pride will announce that due to overwhelming response that they will indeed play at the NDSU game and thus look like heros and saviors of the day. So maybe if we're all quiet they will have their a$$ handed to them by Mr. President and look like the fool for NOT wanting to play the biggest game of the season (because you know bragging rights are on the line, as well as two undefeated seasons by that point).
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1179338251]This Thread[/link]
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My 2 cents. If they don't want to play for the NDSU game, tell them they can have all their Saturdays off.

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1179340969]This Thread[/link]
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I want the Pride to play, but remember, SDSU does not have a marching band for the benefit of the athletic department. Does it make the atmosphere better, absolutely, but that is not the reason for their existence.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1179349108]This Thread[/link]
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                Don't you guys get it. This is merely a ploy by the band in order for them to say "see, we are more important than the action on the field, look at how many people want us there".  We all enjoy the band, they are one of the best in all of college athletics from what we have all seen.  Problem is certain people associated with said band come across as thinking they are the reason people show up to sporting event.  I say let them stay home.  Wouldn't bother me a bit if I was still working in the AD, nor would it bother me if I was at the game and they didn't show up. As some have said, better seating for the fans just opened up.

My guess is that after many "requests" from distraught fans, the Pride will announce that due to overwhelming response that they will indeed play at the NDSU game and thus look like heros and saviors of the day.  So maybe if we're all quiet they will have their a$$ handed to them by Mr. President and look like the fool for NOT wanting to play the biggest game of the season (because you know bragging rights are on the line, as well as two undefeated seasons by that point).

Reminds me of how the cheerleaders think they have their own shows during the game as well.

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1179351936]This Thread[/link]
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Pride won't play at November games?

Starting a thread specifically for this topic.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Pride won't play at November games?

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

OK, I don't quite know what I did wrong, but this whole thread has been mucked up. Sorry about that, everyone (maybe I should just leave the new-thread-splitting to 89rabbit who at least knows how to do it). Hmph.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                          OK, I don't quite know what I did wrong, but this whole thread has been mucked up.  Sorry about that, everyone (maybe I should just leave the new-thread-splitting to 89rabbit who at least knows how to do it).  Hmph.  
                          I was going to ask how to do that, filbert....guess I won't ask you!! Interesting trick to make me read the entire thread again!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                            I agree it is a poor decision.  I think I will ask for my donation to the Pride back or I will ask to have it directed else where.
                            My sentiments exactly. If this kind of attitude from "The Pride" continues I will regret my previous donations and I promise you any money previously directed towards the band will be directed elsewhere.

The move to DI should be looked at as an opportunity to generate more interest in "The Pride" and in turn an ability to generate more funds and increase exposure for those who choose to commit themselves to an excellent experience. Does someone have an e-mail address for the director?
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

James.McKinney@sdstate.edu is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue
                                James.McKinney@sdstate.edu is the way to go.
                                Thank you Blue. I trust no one will abuse this information.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X