X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Football's future upgrades

Terry V's article:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...32/1002/SPORTS
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

This is great news and a much needed boost for SDSU athletics. I am amazed at the success the Jacks have had with their Football program given the dismal facilities they had to overcome when recruiting.

Good to see we are finally going to be getting out of the trailer park accomodations.

Comment

In Terry V's blog, he said:

"We’ll soon find out how SDSU stacks up to its rival both on the field - Nov. 17 at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium, be there - and off. The Jacks have less than two months to come up with multiple millions of dollars to make the north end zone project happen. It’s an opportunity for State supporters to make a statement - one way or another."

How much are they looking at? Is it possible to get all of that money in such a short time?

Comment

From what I understand there is enough money in place to build a locker/classroom/meeting room/coaches office facility. What would be optimal would be to gather up enough money to do the whole thing at once (indoor facility also). That might be what Terry is alluding to
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

I believe that long-term it makes sense to upgrade our facilities because it will allow us to attract more recruits!

Comment

All I have to say is IT'S ABOUT D%MN TIME!. State needed an indoor facility with out the D1 jump. In cold weather the football team has to practice at the middle school, Swiftel Center, or occasional THE HORSE ARENA!...watch where you step.

Lets get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                From what I understand there is enough money in place to build a locker/classroom/meeting room/coaches office facility. What would be optimal would be to gather up enough money to do the whole thing at once (indoor facility also). That might be what Terry is alluding to
                OK, let's try straightening this out again. The facility being talked about is NOT an indoor practice facility. We are talking about a building for locker rooms (home and visitor), weight and training rooms, coaches offices, team meeting rooms, and academic counseling/tutoring rooms. Proposed cost $12-15 million. Best guess is $12 million (with $15 million providing more amenities).

However, at this point onlyl about $6 million is available. If the other $6 million is not raised, the space available in the building will only be for football, and the design will allow expansion to include all the other outdoor sports (coaches offices, locker rooms, etal.) If a major donation doesn't happen in the next few months, the building that will go to the Legislature would probably be the football-only facility, although of course, the legislation could possibly carry higher expenditure authority if addditional funds are forthcoming.

On a separate thread, el presidente notes that SDSU must show the Regents, by their December meeting, the revenue stream for maintenance and operation of the facility, if they are going to forward it to the Legislature.

The indoor practice facility will follow this building, although depending on time and funds, it could compete with the CAS renovation. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  OK, let's try straightening this out again. The facility being talked about is NOT an indoor practice facility. We are talking about a building for locker rooms (home and visitor), weight and training rooms, coaches offices, team meeting rooms, and academic counseling/tutoring rooms. Proposed cost $12-15 million. Best guess is $12 million (with $15 million providing more amenities).

However, at this point onlyl about $6 million is available. If the other $6 million is not raised, the space available in the building will only be for football, and the design will allow expansion to include all the other outdoor sports (coaches offices, locker rooms, etal.) If a major donation doesn't happen in the next few months, the building that will go to the Legislature would probably be the football-only facility, although of course, the legislation could possibly carry higher expenditure authority if addditional funds are forthcoming.

On a separate thread, el presidente notes that SDSU must show the Regents, by their December meeting, the revenue stream for maintenance and operation of the facility, if they are going to forward it to the Legislature.

The indoor practice facility will follow this building, although depending on time and funds, it could compete with the CAS renovation. Time will tell.
                  I believe they have more then 6 million raised but they are not going to say that... what they said is we got enough that it is a possibility but with out more money it may not happen.... kind of saying this can happen with in a year not the 5-10 year plan.... but they aren't saying that we are almost there because that would slow down donations.... The building has no indoor facility but does include a field house..... I think time will tell just wait until December and when the plans are revealed we will know then....

Comment

We need 6 million in two months. Doesn't matter how much we have now. We need 6 more million for this thing to happen by December.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I believe they have more then 6 million raised but they are not going to say that... what they said is we got enough that it is a possibility but with out more money it may not happen.... kind of saying this can happen with in a year not the 5-10 year plan.... but they aren't saying that we are almost there because that would slow down donations.... The building has no indoor facility but does include a field house..... I think time will tell just wait until December and when the plans are revealed we will know then....
                      I've heard the same 6 million that Jacks#1Fan alludes to...and I trust that source as accurate and not holding back anything. In addition to raising the additional funds to build the building the maintenance and operating costs need to be covered as well. With pathetic fan showings like Saturday night it could be pretty difficult to maintain operations of a facility like this.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

[QUOTE=joeboo22;65806]The building has no indoor facility but does include a field house./QUOTE]

I have no idea where you get your information, but in this case, you don't have a very good source. There is NO field house in the Student Athletic Development Center. The "field house" or "indoor practice facility" would be adjacent to this building (to the north).

There are ongoing proposals to donors for the $20 million endowment needed by the department to help fund the 200+ full-ride scholarships which will be needed when all sports are at the maximum NCAA allowance. But on the capital side for the SADC, the proposals are selective and targeted at major donors. All donations are welcome of course, but the need to do something about football NOW, requires immediate, and large donors.

Blue mentions that if we don't get $6 million more in the next two months, the project won't happen. He is always good on sources, but the statement is not quite correct. If we want to build the full SADC (at least $12 million), which would include offices, locker rooms, etc. for football and all other outdoor sports, we need the full $12 million. Otherwise we will probably have to build a smaller facility (which will be expandable) and take care of football's needs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          Blue mentions that if we don't get $6 million more in the next two months, the project won't happen. He is always good on sources, but the statement is not quite correct. If we want to build the full SADC (at least $12 million), which would include offices, locker rooms, etc. for football and all other outdoor sports, we need the full $12 million. Otherwise we will probably have to build a smaller facility (which will be expandable) and take care of football's needs now.
                          I didn't say a thing about it here I have in conversations. Too many people with Blue in their names on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            I didn't say a thing about it here I have in conversations. Too many people with Blue in their names on this board.
                            Sorry, BlueHatMan...i thought you might have adopted a nickname! So I'll say it correctly...BHM is very good on having good sources...I don't know where Blue got his info.

Comment

what the hell is the blueprints in the media guide... looks like some type of a fieldhouse to me.....

Comment

I've got a pretty solid lead involving Sanford, Dana Dykhouse, and a stadium upgrade. Is this old news that I missed or shall I start a new thread and elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                                X