Dakota Marker game on FSN  .  .  .  may

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN *. *. *. *may

One point that was made above is that none of us on here really know what offers are on the table. That is very true and the way it should be. I trust the AD to make the right choice but am simply voicing my opinion that it would be a shame that this game wouldn't be on tv!

Let me ask a question, wasn't one of the selling points that SDSU athletic events would be televised more often? Well, I don't think that games are going to get much bigger than this!

I just hope it gets worked out becuase all of North Dakota and South Dakota deserve to see such a contest!

Nothing compares to being there and you will see me at CAS on that day no matter what the weather!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      One point that was made above is that none of us on here really know what offers are on the table. That is very true and the way it should be. I trust the AD to make the right choice but am simply voicing my opinion that it would be a shame that this game wouldn't be on tv!

SUPERBUNNY
      Understood SUPERBUNNY...I was really responding to the Bison posters who felt we needed to shape up our administration on this issue. It would be a good game on television...it will be a super game in person!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        Last year NDSU had a tv deal with WDAY in Fargo so it was only up to them if the game was televised and they picked two other games. Now NDSU has taken its media in house and thus has more control and can either let a network like NBC televise the game or buy tv time from a network like FSN.
        Does that mean NDSU got rid of the two guys off the street they had doing the commentary for the internet video feeds? I know bias is a given, and expected, part of tuning in to an opposing team's feed, but those two had very poor football knowledge to boot. When I watched last year's NDSU v. SDSU game, I kept having flashbacks to the "boom goes the dynamite" guy. I don't know about anyone else who watched the game via the internet last year, but it seemed to me that their two main responses when describing a good play by either team were either 1) Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! or 2) Wooooooooaaaaaaa! I know these guys weren't your radio crew, because I've listened to them and they're very knowledgeable fellas. These guys sounded like they were recently pulled out of the journalism department after being forced to watch 20 straight hours of Stuart Scott with maybe a little Chris Berman thrown in for good measure.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Re: Dakota Marker game on FSN . . . may

Forgive my woeful cultural illiteracy but where does "boom goes the dynamite" come from anyway?

(spending too much time in the Filbert man-cave, I guess)
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Forgive my woeful cultural illiteracy but where does "boom goes the dynamite" come from anyway?

(spending too much time in the Filbert man-cave, I guess)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

Skip ahead to about 2:30 for the first "boom". Or watch the whole 3:54 if you have time you are willing to give up and never get back.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
              Does that mean NDSU got rid of the two guys off the street they had doing the commentary for the internet video feeds? I know bias is a given, and expected, part of tuning in to an opposing team's feed, but those two had very poor football knowledge to boot. When I watched last year's NDSU v. SDSU game, I kept having flashbacks to the "boom goes the dynamite" guy. I don't know about anyone else who watched the game via the internet last year, but it seemed to me that their two main responses when describing a good play by either team were either 1) Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! or 2) Wooooooooaaaaaaa! I know these guys weren't your radio crew, because I've listened to them and they're very knowledgeable fellas. These guys sounded like they were recently pulled out of the journalism department after being forced to watch 20 straight hours of Stuart Scott with maybe a little Chris Berman thrown in for good measure.
              Yeah, the student broadcasters are gone. They can now use their official radio broadcasters and it does really make a big difference. Too bad we are stuck with the WIU guys this weekend, from what I can remember reading here they weren't good. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                Yeah, the student broadcasters are gone. They can now use their official radio broadcasters and it does really make a big difference. Too bad we are stuck with the WIU guys this weekend, from what I can remember reading here they weren't good. Right?
                HORRIBLE. They spent 10 minutes debating whether they should play defense first if they won the toss in overtime. The worst part of the debate is that they decided they should choose to play offense first and were more than a little incredulous when WIU won the toss and chose defense. Also, get ready to want to jam pencils in your ears if WIU ever runs a reverse or an end-around play. I'm pretty sure from their reactions that the SDSU game was the first time they had ever witnessed such a thing (sidepoint - I'm pretty sure both plays combined for a net total of 3 yards which made it that much more annoying).
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

OK, having seen that YouTube video . . .

the WIU guys weren't that bad . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

HORRIBLE. They spent 10 minutes debating whether they should play defense first if they won the toss in overtime. The worst part of the debate is that they decided they should choose to play offense first and were more than a little incredulous when WIU won the toss and chose defense. Also, get ready to want to jam pencils in your ears if WIU ever runs a reverse or an end-around play. I'm pretty sure from their reactions that the SDSU game was the first time they had ever witnessed such a thing (sidepoint - I'm pretty sure both plays combined for a net total of 3 yards which made it that much more annoying).
                    I have to agree with MJA...the WIU student broadcasters were not very good at all. They might not have been "boom goes the dynamite" bad but they weren't much better. The one that sticks out in my mind was when one player was on the ground injured all they could do was "ohhh he looks hurt bad" and "ahhh, I hope he's okay" about how bad they thought the injury was. They were also very slow, their knowledge of football was extremely lacking and to top it off, they called SDSU "San Diego State University" multiple times. A few times without correcting themselves. The funny thing is, shortly after our game at WIU I found out WIU is known to have a broadcasting major. If this is the quality they are producing then god help that department at WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      OK, having seen that YouTube video . . .

the WIU guys weren't that bad . . .
                      You actually feel sorry for that "boom" kid. When he apologizes to the crew for his lameness, it's almost hard to watch.

The WIU guys weren't quite that bad. But they were really, really bad.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I have to agree with MJA...the WIU student broadcasters were not very good at all. They might not have been "boom goes the dynamite" bad but they weren't much better. The one that sticks out in my mind was when one player was on the ground injured all they could do was "ohhh he looks hurt bad" and "ahhh, I hope he's okay" about how bad they thought the injury was. They were also very slow, their knowledge of football was extremely lacking and to top it off, they called SDSU "San Diego State University" multiple times. A few times without correcting themselves. The funny thing is, shortly after our game at WIU I found out WIU is known to have a broadcasting major. If this is the quality they are producing then god help that department at WIU.
                        Compare them to Tyler Merriam, an SDSU journalism student who does Jackrabbit baseball, the coaches' shows, last year's SUU game on WNAX, etc. Tyler's a great advertisement for the SDSU Department of Journalism and Mass Communication. If I was a WIU journalism faculty member, I'd have a hard time claiming those announcers as belonging to my department.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hopefully they don't have the emergency squad going over to one of the dorms during the game either, because they break into the game to talk about "what might have happened."

Comment

Working...
                          X