Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football schedules, 2009 and beyond

Originally posted by 2002jack
    [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1158778118/15#27 date=1186436539][quote author=89rabbit link=1158778118/15#26 date=1186426674]From Terry's Blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

The 2009 schedule:

Sept. 12 Georgia Southern
    Sept. 19 Indiana State
    Sept. 26 at Illinois State
    Oct. 3 at Cal Poly
    Oct. 10 at Missouri State
    Oct. 17 NDSU
    Oct. 24 Northern Iowa
    Oct. 31 at Youngstown State
    Nov. 7 Southern Illinois
    Nov. 14 at Minnesota
    Nov. 21 at Western Illinois

Go State!  

Possible Hobo Day 2009???  Could be interesting.[/quote]

That's pheasant opener.[/quote]

Possible Hobo Day 2009??? Could be interesting.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Some thoughts:

1) Oct. 24 against UNI is probably the obvious Hobo Day choice. Oct. 31 could be an outside possibility......
      2) Oct. 17 against NDSU will definitely be a night game since it's the pheasant opener, but one would hope that we would try to get the conference to schedule us on the road that weekend.
      3) It's great to see us with a home-and-home against Cal Poly. Hopefully, we will see a CA school on the schedule on a regular basis.
      4) This is one challenging schedule!

Comment

I would highly doubt the Hobo Day game is going to be the NDSU game. They aren't going to double up that gate when they can split them apart and draw huge for both games.

Comment

I see that the Jacks are playing at Delaware in 2010 and 2011 with a single return trip to Brookings in 2012. How necessary is it at this point for SDSU to be giving up 2 road games for one home game? Is there more to this than I see on first glance?
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

If I'm not mistaken they had already set this 2 for 1 contract up with Delaware before being accepted into the Gateway.

Comment

Originally posted by sdtheta View Post
              If I'm not mistaken they had already set this 2 for 1 contract up with Delaware before being accepted into the Gateway.
              This has been set for over a year with a landmark FCS football program. Delaware, Georgia Southern, Montana, App St. These are names you will see IN the play-offs more years than you WOULDN'T see them. Dr. Oien has done a SUPER job at lining up THE TOP competition, and early!

GOOOO JJJJAAACCCCKKKSSSS!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                I see that the Jacks are playing at Delaware in 2010 and 2011 with a single return trip to Brookings in 2012. How necessary is it at this point for SDSU to be giving up 2 road games for one home game? Is there more to this than I see on first glance?

I don't mind so much the 2 road games I just don't like the 2 road games before the home game, either a game in brookings and 2 in delaware or 1 in delaware 1 in brookings and then go back to delaware. They are just asking for the game to be bought out other wise.

Comment

Hopefully the move by USD and UND will renew some old rivalries. Hopefully any future open dates will be filled by some old friends. There is a Coyote alum that goes to our church, and i've been bummed that I can't give him crap for beating his team for the past several years.

Comment

Originally posted by 6JayCutler View Post
                    Hopefully the move by USD and UND will renew some old rivalries. Hopefully any future open dates will be filled by some old friends. There is a Coyote alum that goes to our church, and i've been bummed that I can't give him crap for beating his team for the past several years.
                    You know, I think I've enjoyed the feeling of out classing the U since the D1 move more than I enjoyed the actual rivalry. Is that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
                      You know, I think I've enjoyed the feeling of out classing the U since the D1 move more than I enjoyed the actual rivalry. Is that wrong?
                      Not at all and I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Comment

Here is an article taking about the future Minnesota game

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...32/1002/SPORTS

Comment

The last line of the article was interesting...we are only 1 spot below Iowa State in terms of the Sagarin rankings. Iowa State is really scuffling this year.

Comment

Are our schedules for 10 and 11 not complete? 8 conference games + Nebraska in 10 and Illinois in 11. Who else, Delaware? Cal Poly or UC Davis? Others?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                              Are our schedules for 10 and 11 not complete? 8 conference games + Nebraska in 10 and Illinois in 11. Who else, Delaware? Cal Poly or UC Davis? Others?
                              There is a 3 game contract with Delaware. I'm not sure about SoCon teams or GWFC teams but I suspect one or the other. That would give us 11 games for 2010 and 11, not sure about an FBS team for 2012.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X