• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football schedules, 2009 and beyond

I wonder what the buyout would be?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I am sure that game has just not been posted yet.

If we were two or three months out from the game, THEN I would be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison
        I am just wondering why the Gophers don't have you listed on their 2009 schedule. I see they have Nov. 14th open but also they have 11 games scheduled already.

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...;Q_SEASON=2009

The above link has SDSU on the schedule now.  I think this game will happen.
        We...ARE...STATE!
        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
          [quote author=tcbison link=1158778118/0#12 date=1178125355]I am just wondering why the Gophers don't have you listed on their 2009 schedule. I see they have Nov. 14th open but also they have 11 games scheduled already.

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSel...;Q_SEASON=2009

The above link has SDSU on the schedule now.  I think this game will happen.[/quote]

That is good to hear! I hope the Jacks win that game. Last year's game against the Gophers was a blast and I am looking forward to this year's game as well.

Comment

From Sid:

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1188614.html

The Gophers football schedule for 2008 includes Florida Atlantic and Montana State as home nonconference games scheduled so far. The 2009 home schedule at new TCF Stadium so far has California scheduled in September and South Dakota State in November, but the opponent for the first game of the stadium has not been announced. Washington State will visit the Twin Cities in 2010, Miami (Ohio) in 2011 and Colorado in 2012.

Comment

It appears new coach Brewster has a new perspective on scheduling regional opponents.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...Mike%20McFeely

Comment

It also appears that Brewster and Maturi need to sit down and get on the same page.

North Dakota State is still on the University of Minnesota’s football radar
                Gopher athletic director Joel Maturi said Thursday that he is still in favor of playing one regional Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) team per season.

“In the end, it’s my decision,” Maturi said. “Much of this is financial and doing what’s the best thing for your program in looking at the big picture.”
                Good news for both our programs.

Comment

The BCS schools are always going to want 6-7 home games per season. The only way they will be able to accomplish that will be with guarantee games, including one game per season against a FCS school. Brewster can still upgrade his schedule by replacing the MAC or Sun Belt programs with the Texases and Notre Dames of college football. In addition, a game against a FCS school will still net the Gophs (at least nine times out of ten) one of the vital six wins that is needed to get into one of the medicocre bowl games that the Big Ten chooses to align with........

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    The BCS schools are always going to want 6-7 home games per season. The only way they will be able to accomplish that will be with guarantee games, including one game per season against a FCS school. Brewster can still upgrade his schedule by replacing the MAC or Sun Belt programs with the Texases and Notre Dames of college football. In addition, a game against a FCS school will still net the Gophs (at least nine times out of ten) one of the vital six wins that is needed to get into one of the medicocre bowl games that the Big Ten chooses to align with........
                    Good points.

Another reason why they may replace the MAC or Sun Belt schools on the schedule before they replace a local FCS school was stated in the article. I really doubt they draw anywhere close to 60k people for those games like they did against NDSU, that kind of money from a sold out stadium is hard for any school to pass up.

Comment

I agree also I would think playing a NDSU/SDSU would do alot for local recruitment and midwest fan support... Some of those games they play benifit them in no such way....

Comment

So, Iowa State in Ames next year (2008) to open their season and Minnesota in 2009 November game.

I also heard a repeat game against Minnesota in 2010 and then there was that rumor about Nebraska in 2011. Anyone able to substantiate either of those? I was talking to some Nebraska fans and they were wondering.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

From Terry's Blog:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

The 2009 schedule:

Sept. 12 Georgia Southern
                          Sept. 19 Indiana State
                          Sept. 26 at Illinois State
                          Oct. 3 at Cal Poly
                          Oct. 10 at Missouri State
                          Oct. 17 NDSU
                          Oct. 24 Northern Iowa
                          Oct. 31 at Youngstown State
                          Nov. 7 Southern Illinois
                          Nov. 14 at Minnesota
                          Nov. 21 at Western Illinois

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                            From Terry's Blog:

The 2009 schedule:

Sept. 19 Indiana State
                            Oct. 3 at Cal Poly
                            Oct. 17 NDSU
                            Oct. 24 Northern Iowa
                            Nov. 7 Southern Illinois
                            Nov. 14 at Minnesota

Go State!  

Possible Hobo Day 2009??? Could be interesting.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

You just have to be blown away with these home/away schedules in comparison to where we were at in the NCC and the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
                                [quote author=89rabbit link=1158778118/15#26 date=1186426674]From Terry's Blog:

The 2009 schedule:

Sept. 19 Indiana State
                                Oct. 3 at Cal Poly
                                Oct. 17 NDSU
                                Oct. 24 Northern Iowa
                                Nov. 7 Southern Illinois
                                Nov. 14 at Minnesota

Go State!  

Possible Hobo Day 2009???  Could be interesting.[/quote]

That's pheasant opener.
                                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                                X