Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Is the radio reporting anything on Hohn?
    Just that he's on crutches and his knee is iced.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      I'm going to agree here. We need a QB who is a threat ... and it's been awhile. We've had serviceable guys, I guess, but nothing special for ages. In my mind, it's a matter of recruiting. Or the lack thereof.
      This goes back to Coaching, who are also our recruiters. Stig is a wonderful person, few are better people. But I question whether he can be the guy that can get us to where SDSU should be.
      I think with Stig at the helm we will always be a 5-6 to a 7-4 team.
      Here is Stig's record:
      1997 4-6-0 John Stiegelmeier
      1998 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
      1999 8-3-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2000 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2001 5-6-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2002 6-4-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2003 7-4-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2004 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier First Season of Division I-AA play
      2005 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
      2006 7-4-0 John Stiegelmeier

Not going to get it done.........

Comment

Barr 114 yards rushing
        Donaldson 103 yards rushing

Barr 18-24, 128 yards 1 td, 1 int.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yeah ... well ... if we're going to compare QB play tonight, it'll be a short discussion. I'm sure we all can agree on that much.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
            Also, what happened to Wagner? I must have missed that part of the thread.
            I used the fancy "search thread" tool and found nothing on what happened to him.

I'd have to think he would have made a slight difference in the passing game.

Anyone????
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              This goes back to Coaching, who are also our recruiters. Stig is a wonderful person, few are better people. But I question whether he can be the guy that can get us to where SDSU should be.
              I think with Stig at the helm we will always be a 5-6 to a 7-4 team.
              Here is Stig's record:
              1997 4-6-0 John Stiegelmeier
              1998 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
              1999 8-3-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2000 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2001 5-6-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2002 6-4-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2003 7-4-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2004 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier First Season of Division I-AA play
              2005 6-5-0 John Stiegelmeier
              2006 7-4-0 John Stiegelmeier

Not going to get it done.........
              I'm a big Stig fan. I'll take 7-4, honestly, most years. Especially with the quality kids he brings in. I just wonder if there's a QB on the squad who we should look for in the future.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Oh crap here we go with the axes grinding again.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                  Is the radio reporting anything on Hohn?
                  I was listening on WNAX AM only, and Steve and Oster said he had a ice pack on his knee. Other than that, I dont know. We hope he is back next week.

Fall camp does not always show all the flaws in all aspect of the program and we saw them tonight. We should have won, but we did not. QB Berry made his share of mistakes, but the entire squad did not play errorless ball either. So there are many things to work on before next week. The season started tonight it did not end with this 4 ot loss.

Comment

Give Western Illinois their due, I will, BUT we killed ourselves period.

Our QB was/is not ready.

Their play calling was interesting, ours was questionable, why stop running when they are not stopping you. We killed our own drives with play calling IMHO.

The Coaches need to get the QB ready to play.

Need we speak of the dropped passes in the first half ?

Players play with heart and played a very long game, but some adjustments need to be made. This is a game we should have won.

Hopefully in 9 days we will have fixed our offensive woes

Sorry if spelling and grammer not to your liking, it is late and I am tied and miffed. I am not much into moral victories.
                    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                    http://gojacks.com

Comment

Issue of poor QB play pretty much skirted in Stig's interview. It was kind of a "Yeah, but..." comment. Granted, there were too many penalities, too, but ... there were a few big misses in the passing game.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        I'm a big Stig fan. I'll take 7-4, honestly, most years. Especially with the quality kids he brings in. I just wonder if there's a QB on the squad who we should look for in the future.
                        JimmyJack- sorry dude, but that attitude of 7-4 being ok is why we will never be any better than 7-4!!!!
                        Fans need to demand more, most guys tonight paid $100 to watch the jacks during the year. A lot will spend a lot more going to games, buying season tickets, merchandise, etc. Why can't we expect 8-3, 9-2 or 10-1 records? I THINK 7-4 SUCKS. The athletic department is charging more and more money for season tickets, they changed how you get season tickets based upon how much money you donate to the university. their explanation as to why they are now doing this: because this is what programs like Notre Dame and other do it in D1. This athletic department pulls that kind of stuff, I demand better!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          JimmyJack- sorry dude, but that attitude of 7-4 being ok is why we will never be any better than 7-4!!!!
                          Fans need to demand more, most guys tonight paid $100 to watch the jacks during the year. A lot will spend a lot more going to games, buying season tickets, merchandise, etc. Why can't we expect 8-3, 9-2 or 10-1 records? I THINK 7-4 SUCKS. The athletic department is charging more and more money for season tickets, they changed how you get season tickets based upon how much money you donate to the university. their explanation as to why they are now doing this: because this is what programs like Notre Dame and other do it in D1. This athletic department pulls that kind of stuff, I demand better!
                          jeez chill, it's week one

overreacting a bit?
                          "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

A 7-4 squad in the Gateway has a decent shot of making the playoffs, especially with one money game against a FBS school.

Another factor that has to be considered is that football had not been the top priority at SDSU in recent years. I remember reading one of Terry's articles with some seniors recalling the laid-back attitude that existed when they first came to Brookings four years ago.

Comment

Tough loss, nothing else I can say. Stig will try to right things before we go into Youngstown, a damn good FCS program. I like our chances if we can figure out the QB situation.

If it helps, usd trails 48-30 in the 4th. I'll listen to the end of that game because its on the radio here in Yankton.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd View Post
                                jeez chill, it's week one

overreacting a bit?
                                Easy for a Bison fan to say. You guys have the right attitude and will destroy your first opponent. I just want to be as good or better than the bison.

Comment

Working...
                                X