Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

If we want to be a ranked team to be taken seriously, we need to not give away games like this. We were the better, more physical team and could not get it done.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Thanks for the people who posted. I was pulling for the Jacks to win.

Comment

I'm having some cheese dip, a beer, and going to bed. Don't know if I'll sleep. Great performance by the defense. The offensive coaches need to make some tough decisions. I don't envy them. Still and always proud to be a Jackrabbit.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
          If we want to be a ranked team to be taken seriously, we need to not give away games like this. We were the better, more physical team and could not get it done.
          AMEN TO THAT!

Comment

I guess ... I don't know what to say ... what will bug me is if we get a Stig "We battled, blah, blah" post-game comments. No! That drives me insane. Say, "We had tree interceptions and a couple could-have-been TDs and it hurt." You don't have to kill the kid, but ... let's not skirt the issue, either.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I'll ask again. Where's our talented RS Freshman QB? They trotted their RS freshman Barr out there and he ate us up. We've had the same stable of QBs for years now. Nothing against Berry. I know he's a gamer. BUt he had a rough night. It would be fun if we had some up-and-coming youngster to give a chance to.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                I guess ... I don't know what to say ... what will bug me is if we get a Stig "We battled, blah, blah" post-game comments. No! That drives me insane. Say, "We had tree interceptions and a couple could-have-been TDs and it hurt." You don't have to kill the kid, but ... let's not skirt the issue, either.
                Well, the "good news" is that a lot of us won't get to hear those comments . . .

Thanks for nothing, XOS . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                  I agree we don't need to kill the kid, but this is not D2 football anymore. That kind of play doesn't fly in this league. This is a lower end team in the Gateway and we lose to them on our mistakes. If he cannot get it done, find someone who will.

Comment

I can't even type anything legible I'm so disappointed right now. Stupid penalties, horrible passing game, too many big plays given up on D and we lose to a lesser team. We're supposed to be a 1AA power in the making. We should have won this by 2 TDs. And, I had to listen to 2 morons from WIU on the video feed debating on whether the team winning the toss in OT should chose D or O in OT. I'm glad everyone is sleeping in my house. Where's a beer?
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I'll ask again. Where's our talented RS Freshman QB? They trotted their RS freshman Barr out there and he ate us up. We've had the same stable of QBs for years now. Nothing against Berry. I know he's a gamer. BUt he had a rough night. It would be fun if we had some up-and-coming youngster to give a chance to.
                      I'm going to agree here. We need a QB who is a threat ... and it's been awhile. We've had serviceable guys, I guess, but nothing special for ages. In my mind, it's a matter of recruiting. Or the lack thereof.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                        I can't even type anything legible I'm so disappointed right now. Stupid penalties, horrible passing game, too many big plays given up on D and we lose to a lesser team. We're supposed to be a 1AA power in the making. We should have won this by 2 TDs. And, I had to listen to 2 morons from WIU on the video feed debating on whether the team winning the toss in OT should chose D or O in OT. I'm glad everyone is sleeping in my house. Where's a beer?
                        I can only find one in my house and my wife wants that one. I do have a bottle of whiskey but its too damn late for that. Man, this one hurts me, I can't imagine being one of our guys, especially one guy. I hope Trevor is okay.

Cheese dip is ready. Sun will come up tomorrow.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Western IL breaks out a VERY GOOD competent QB, and Donaldson earned his running back title.

Berry has a ways to grow. Trevor Hohn injury is the most concerning from the game (besides the loss)

VERY UPSET ABOUT THE ENDED VIDEO FEED.

Send notes to the GOJACKS.COM moderators. THAT'S NOT A GOOD START TO PAID FEEDS.

Comment

Is the radio reporting anything on Hohn?

Comment

I wouldn't consider Western Illinois to be a lesser program. The Gateway is a very competitive conference and we are still a transitioning progrm who has had to rely on lower-division teams to fill out the schedule until this season.

Nevertheless, this was probably the most winnable game among the first three games on the schedule. What really bothers me is our quarterback play and playcalling (one more running play in the 4th OT?). Are all of the QBs on our squad that mediocre? Berry and Burghardt couldn't even make themselves the clearcut #2 QB last year. No wonder WIU was contempt kicking FGs during the overtimes.....

Also, what happened to Wagner? I must have missed that part of the thread.

Comment

Us: 283 yards
                                WIU: 376 yards

Whoa. That QB killed us.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X