Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    Go to Gojacks.com and click on the "Jackrabbit Extra" - Live Video and Audio on Demand link. It costs $9.95 for one month or $99 for the year. You can see all the home football, men's basketball and women's basketball games, along with some select away games (Like Western Illinois football game). It also has women's volleyball and may have other sporting events.

Go State!!!
    Can you confirm this? I've looked through the upcoming live events on both the SDSU and the College Sports Direct websites and I've only seen the UNI game listed. Will the other home games be webcast or are they easing into the new system this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
      Can you confirm this? I've looked through the upcoming live events on both the SDSU and the College Sports Direct websites and I've only seen the UNI game listed. Will the other home games be webcast or are they easing into the new system this year?
      I can confirm. If you pull up the media player on the Jackrabbit Extra and select "Live Events" it will list the Western Illinois game video available at start time.

Now, whether or not the video actually plays decent is a different story. I've had nothing but problems the last couple of days. The on-demand videos have been freezing and only playing audio. I was able to watch the live feed of the volleyball game the other night so I'm hoping there will be no problems tomorrow night.

Go Jacks!!
      “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

From what I can glean by reading the stuff on Western Ill and what I know about our team, this should be a pretty even match-up and a good opening game for both clubs. Neither will be underestimating the other like we did last year. We both have new QB's. Their RB is more proven then ours but I think both our D-line and O-line are better.

Might come down to special teams and turnovers. I know you can say that about a lot of games but I think it truly applies here. I have to believe we have the advantage at kicker, not sure about punting. Priddy looks good on paper but I haven't seen him punt this fall.

It would be great if our O-line can come out and open some holes for Koenig and his crew. That would take some pressure of Berry and let him get comfortable. I expect our D to be ready for the run game. I can't wait for kickoff.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
          I can confirm. If you pull up the media player on the Jackrabbit Extra and select "Live Events" it will list the Western Illinois game video available at start time.

Now, whether or not the video actually plays decent is a different story. I've had nothing but problems the last couple of days. The on-demand videos have been freezing and only playing audio. I was able to watch the live feed of the volleyball game the other night so I'm hoping there will be no problems tomorrow night.

Go Jacks!!
          I know that the WIU game will be webcast(WIU is also partnered with XOS so you'll be watching their feed), but I was specifically asking about NorCalJack's comment about all home football games being video webcast. Since NDSU is also partnered with XOS, if SDSU webcasts the Dakota Marker game, we'll get to watch it as part of our package. As of now, no SDSU home FB games are scheduled for video webcast except for UNI.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ategory=SPORTS

SDSU starts against future Gateway foe

By Terry Vandrovec
            tvandrovec@argusleader.com
            Published: August 30, 2007

BURLINGTON, Iowa - There may come a time when South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier will use last year's season-opening home loss against NCAA Division III Wisconsin-LaCrosse as a motivational tool.

But Wednesday was not it.

Rather, he dwelled on his team's road record since moving to the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision - just 6-11. These are the details that separate the good programs from the great ones, and that's what SDSU aspires to be now that it is fully funded, in its final year of reclassification and ranked (20th) in the preseason for the first time.
            In that regard, there's no better place for the Jackrabbits to be for a season opener than Macomb, Ill. Not only is Western Illinois a member of the Gateway Football Conference, which welcomes SDSU into the fold in 2008, it has won 30 consecutive non-conference, regular-season games at Hanson Field. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              I know that the WIU game will be webcast(WIU is also partnered with XOS so you'll be watching their feed), but I was specifically asking about NorCalJack's comment about all home football games being video webcast. Since NDSU is also partnered with XOS, if SDSU webcasts the Dakota Marker game, we'll get to watch it as part of our package. As of now, no SDSU home FB games are scheduled for video webcast except for UNI.
              Sorry about that Hammersmith, I didn't read your post thoroughly enough!
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Good Afternoon from a sunny Hanson Field. Tailgating lot looks good. Scoreboard looks to be a first generation Dak sign and the field is kind of an upgraded howard wood field with a track around it. A nice little campus and a nice looking field.

Comment

Pre-game starts in 10 min!!!!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                    Good Afternoon from a sunny Hanson Field. Tailgating lot looks good. Scoreboard looks to be a first generation Dak sign and the field is kind of an upgraded howard wood field with a track around it. A nice little campus and a nice looking field.
                    Little? 1,000 acres vs. our 270. 13,400 students vs. our 11,377.

Gojacks video feed up and running now. Looking and sounding good.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

• Re: Western Illinois

I've got the video feed up and running . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I've got the video feed up and running . . .
                        Me too. I broke down and bought the $9.95 monthly membership....

Comment

When I logged on to the video feed the audio was choppy and I'd be generous to give the video (refreshed about every 5 seconds) a rating of choppy. Anyone else experiencing this? I know they only have their program listing up right now, but the audio is still subpar.

Comment

anyone? seriously, this is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                              anyone? seriously, this is terrible
                              So far, so good for me.

Comment

My video's not bad. Tiny window, though, but only occasionally choppy (when my wireless connection drops a bit).

Wondering how long I'll be able to last with the wet-behind-the-ears-sounding announcers though. (Geez, I must be getting old . . . )
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X