Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    SDSU will never become the premier program until we dominate lesser opponents like this. In my opinion it isn't ok to lose games like this.
    IMO, it's been more about execution that coaching.

Comment

The TD pass caught by redshirt freshman Colin Cochart, 6-5, 235 TE from Keawaunee, WI

Comment

Time for our DLINE to shine...

Comment

SDSU will never become the premier program until we dominate lesser opponents like this. In my opinion it isn't ok to lose games like this.
          Funny thing about college football. Lesser programs one year arent the next and vice versa.

One example that comes to mind is Texas State. They only 3 or 4 games the year before State played them, then Barrick Nealy came along and they played until the semi-finals the year we met them.

There was a belief going into this season that WIU's defense would carry them to the top of the Gateway this season. I hardly think that qualifies them as a lesser program.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Their kicker is supposed to be pretty good, but hasn't shown it tonight. Thinking about OT here. Hmmmm. I think, in reading a few posts, we should not see Western Ill. as a lesser opponent at all. This should be a true test. We escaped a lot last year. Too much for comfort. This is a true test. So far, we've managed. We'll see what comes of OT.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I don't think WIU is a lesser opponent. They're a future conference opponent. Conference opponents are all tough.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lots of people familiar with FCS football were pretty high on WIU pre-season. I agree with eqguy and wouldn't call WIU a lesser team.

Comment

No turnovers, not penalities in OT. We can't afford them.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Just took a peek at the Argus Leader webpage and see it has updates on the game...last one was "SDSU down 7-6 at end of third quarter".

At least they're talking about us!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Just took a peak at the Argus Leader webpage and see it has updates on the game...last one was "SDSU down 7-6 at end of third quarter".

At least they're talking about us!
                      You know, Terry V. has really done a nice job. He seems good-natured and a good fit for the post ... not jaded by the whole moving to D-I battle. I'm anxious to see his first game story ... or did he do a couple at the end of last year?

OK .. OT ... Go, Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                        Funny thing about college football. Lesser programs one year arent the next and vice versa.

One example that comes to mind is Texas State. They only 3 or 4 games the year before State played them, then Barrick Nealy came along and they played until the semi-finals the year we met them.

There was a belief going into this season that WIU's defense would carry them to the top of the Gateway this season. I hardly think that qualifies them as a lesser program.
                        Can you tell me that this team isn't a lesser team than the Jacks? This game shouldn't even be close. Sure they are a good team, but we are a BETTER team. Wait until NDSU plays W Ill, they will destroy them. That is what we should strive to be, not a team that has to make comeback after comeback. We need to start rolling over teams that we are clearly better than. It is time that we demand more. Being a good team isn't going to cut it anymore. They need to make that move into the elite teams.

Comment

Yes I can... Three years ago they started the season #1.

I believe very strongly that we do need to be better than we have in the past. But this isn't Augie we're playing.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Can you tell me that this team isn't a lesser team than the Jacks? This game shouldn't even be close. Sure they are a good team, but we are a BETTER team. Wait until NDSU plays W Ill, they will destroy them. That is what we should strive to be, not a team that has to make comeback after comeback. We need to start rolling over teams that we are clearly better than. It is time that we demand more. Being a good team isn't going to cut it anymore. They need to make that move into the elite teams.
                            We're not elite yet. NDSU ... you can make a case they are ... or were last year, anyhow. We have yet to prove ourselves. That being the case, we can't take established programs for granted or refer to them as "lesser" opponents.

Comment

We're getting side-tracked ... first down (again), Jacks!

Now second down from the five.

Comment

Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig......down to about the 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X