2020 roster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Yikes. Agreed. Maybe followed Jackson to NIU. Closer to his home I believe. I believe Madison was a fullback. Anyone remember what position Wolfe played?
    Yes, unfortunately he's headed to NIU. Announced on Twitter this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Re: 2020 roster.

Here is how I see the three deep at this point...

QB: Gibbs/Heide, Nelson (I'm one of those folks that is really hyped about Gronowski).
      RB: Strong, Wilson, Blakley
      FB: Morgan, Madison
      WR1: Cade Johnson, Bauer, VanderWerf
      WR2: Jaxon Janke, Jadon Janke
      WR3: Campbell, Dailey Jr, Leighton
      TE: Kunz/Heins, Cavanaugh, Kraft
      LT: Donald/Titus, Vibert
      LG: Lickiss/McCormick, Beerntsen
      C: Genant, Strohbeen
      RG: Miller, Gruetzmacher, Bloomendrader (moved from TE)
      RT: Aron Johnson, Greenfield, Bass

DE1: Winkelman, Terveer, Caden Johnson
      DE2: Ogunrinde, Hicks, Elijah Wilson
      DT: Ward, Krolikowski, Van Marel
      NT: Sanders, Stacker, DePriest
      SLB: Levi Brown, Barnett, Williamson
      MLB: Backhaus, Tetzlaff, Madison/Spalding/Motzko
      WLB: Seven Wilson, Shafer/Bock/Spalding
      CB1: Gardner, Davis, Union
      CB2: Evans, Gales, Gandy
      CB3: Harris, Lofton
      S1: Manchigiah, Norblade, Berg
      S2: Griffin II, DeMartra, Darnell

That defense is ridiculous. On offense, anytime you replace your LT there is cause for concern. I'm slightly concerned about depth at WR but with Cade and Jaxon there will be plenty of top-end talent (assuming ball security issues will be fixed) and Stig has eluded to Jadon not being far behind his brother. Bauer and Dailey Jr had really good freshmen seasons. Leighton was a star of the 2019 offseason so we'll see what he can bring to the 2020 squad. This depth factors in ZERO of the 2020 recruits and there are a number who will compete for reps.

Caution to those who think the Jackrabbit playoff run is over! This roster is still LOADED.
      First off, I know it's way too early to seriously consider this. But I have a need to discuss sports and this is as good of a topic as any.

I was looking at this list above from WestSide and we can scratch Diamond Evans as a potential starter at corner and remove CJ Wilson as the #2 RB. Then I started to look at the depth and specifically which true freshmen will likely see significant playing time. What are your thoughts on the way too early projections of who will likely not have a redshirt at the end of the season?

QB: Mark Gronowski (Just don't see anyway he doesn't keep his redshirt.)
      RB: Isaiah Davis, Kenyetta Williams, Avian Thomas
      WR: Devon Cole Jr., A.J. Coons, Nate Sullivan Jr.
      TE: Wyatt Seagren
      OL: Jalen Lee, Colby Christensen, Gus Miller, Adam White

DE: Max Baloun, Mitch Eichacker, Randy Keumogne
      DL: Brandon Lane, Max VanMeter
      LB: Isaac Appleget, Adam Kusler, Caleb Francl, Aaron Kusler
      DB: Dalys Beanum, Abe Hoskins III, Daeton Mcgaughy, Cale Reeder, Steven Arrell

LS:Jaden Mueller
      K/P: Hunter Dustman

I didn't include Isaiah Stalbird, defensive back transfer from the Huskers in this discussion. I don't know his eligibility status for this fall. If eligible, he plays. He was arguably the best on special teams for the Huskers last year and was second on the depth chart at times at safety.

Comment

Am I the only one not thrilled that Backhaus may move inside? I really like him on the outside.

Comment

Am I the only one not thrilled that Backhaus may move inside? I really like him on the outside.
          He seems the most logical and brown and Wilson on the outside. Would you you put in the middle?
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tetlaff could play middle LB, which would leave Backhaus and Wilson on the outside, and Brown providing depth. Strong crew.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Max Baloun tore his ACL really late in the season last year. Would be surprised if he plays too much this next season between being a true freshman and coming back from an ACL injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Tetlaff could play middle LB, which would leave Backhaus and Wilson on the outside, and Brown providing depth. Strong crew.
                Brown needs to be on the field. Tetzlaff is depth. Think about Rozeboom, he played the MLB spot like an OLB, I see Backhaus doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

He seems the most logical and brown and Wilson on the outside. Would you you put in the middle?
                  Honestly, we've been so spoiled at Mike with long term starters I was hoping another freshman would step right into the roll. We essentially went from Johnson to Lalley to Rozeboom. I realize Levi needs to get on the field as well. This is definitely a good problem to have.

Comment

Honestly, we've been so spoiled at Mike with long term starters I was hoping another freshman would step right into the roll. We essentially went from Johnson to Lalley to Rozeboom. I realize Levi needs to get on the field as well. This is definitely a good problem to have.
                    I know it's hard looking at paper to figure out. Just like how the mens basketball team played better with arians at the point but the team struggled with out wilson. I feel like gotta go with your 3 best and wilson and brown outside makes sense with backhaus in the middle. Who was the linebacker who retired last year. Started as a freshman urbanek I think. He would have been great to see take over.

On a separate note it's hard to believe how much talent the defensive side has lost over the last 10 years or so. With Evan's leaving this year and urbanek retiring shake Taylor's and others.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      https://twitter.com/cade_johnson/sta...176848384?s=21

I’d say this is good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      So I know we are/were all worried about Cade grad transferring home to Nebraska at one point, not only has his twitter basically reaffirmed his commitment to the Jacks, his little brother Keagan swerved the entire state of Nebraska and committed to the Hawkeyes this week.

Comment

• Has anyone heard of the Jacks bringing in anyone off the transfer portal? We do have some places that could benefit from this, not sure if anyone has heard anything

Comment

• Jordan Gandy, CB transferring to Northern Illinois and closer to home.

Comment

• DB stud Diamond Evans has transferred to Northern Illinois, too. (The Dan Jackson factor?)
                            This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              DB stud Diamond Evans has transferred to Northern Illinois, too. (The Dan Jackson factor?)
                              Most likely the case. Eric Eidness no doubt had a hand in this too, Thanks Eric, I suppose all is fair in love and war. It says something about the state of the program at NIU. When they dip down to FCS for players, then things are not going good.in DeKalb. I took a Saturday course at Northern Illinois years ago, and back then not much gameday excitement. I doubt much has changed in 50 years.

Comment

• I don't think it's "?" For anybody.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X