Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed Tracker 2k19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

    Originally posted by goon View Post
    Maybe its me but I hate having to play a good team so close again after beating them last time. Usually it doesn't go well the 2nd time. Like when we lost to UNI and last time played them in the play offs beat them. Its hard to beat a good team twice in 1 season.
    Or like last year's SL men's tourney. We had just played WIU the previous Saturday night and smoked them by like 20-30 points.

    Comment


    • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

      Originally posted by goon View Post
      Maybe its me but I hate having to play a good team so close again after beating them last time. Usually it doesn't go well the 2nd time. Like when we lost to UNI and last time played them in the play offs beat them. Its hard to beat a good team twice in 1 season.
      I agree with you here but NDSU never seems to have an issue beating good teams twice. NDSU also very rarely loses games they should win compared to SDSU’s 1-2 stumbles per year.

      If we actually protect the football in the playoffs I like our chances against anyone. That’s a big IF however.

      Comment


      • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

        Itll be tough against UNI. That was a near perfect game all around last week, so I'd be surprised if we can replicate that experience. However, we seemed to have a winning formula, and I think we will need to expand upon that and mix it up even more if we are going to make it to the quarterfinals.

        Comment


        • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

          Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          I agree with you here but NDSU never seems to have an issue beating good teams twice. NDSU also very rarely loses games they should win compared to SDSU’s 1-2 stumbles per year.

          If we actually protect the football in the playoffs I like our chances against anyone. That’s a big IF however.
          Yep, NDSU is sort of the exception not the rule. Previous years we won during the regular season against them, then lost in the playoffs to them. Btownjack mentioned, WIU in summit tourney last year. We cruised against them last game of the season I think. Then tourney WIU looks like a whole different team.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

          Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

          Comment


          • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

            Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
            Itll be tough against UNI. That was a near perfect game all around last week, so I'd be surprised if we can replicate that experience. However, we seemed to have a winning formula, and I think we will need to expand upon that and mix it up even more if we are going to make it to the quarterfinals.
            Last time we hosted UNI in the playoffs they beat us in brookings that season if I recall, not sure if hobo day game or not, but I was glad we got them again since it was going to be harder a second time for them to beat us and it felt like the play off game wasn't really that close.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

            Comment


            • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

              Originally posted by goon View Post
              Last time we hosted UNI in the playoffs they beat us in brookings that season if I recall, not sure if hobo day game or not, but I was glad we got them again since it was going to be harder a second time for them to beat us and it felt like the play off game wasn't really that close.
              2017 we lost to UNI on Hobo Day 38-18 and then beat them in the playoffs in Brookings 37-22.

              Comment


              • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

                Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                2017 we lost to UNI on Hobo Day 38-18 and then beat them in the playoffs in Brookings 37-22.
                Yes, thank you, guess my memory was close on this one.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                Comment


                • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

                  Although I assume we will be playing UNI, I wouldn't discount the other USD (San Diego). They have played Cal Poly and UC Davis, played them both tough and haven't lost since. This is a solid team, and playing in the UNI Dome is good for them. If they came to Brookings in December would be interesting. The 15 day forecast in San Diego is 60-69 degrees and sunshine. Come to Brookings in the wind and cold.... that usually works out well for warm weather teams

                  Comment


                  • Re: Seed Tracker 2k19

                    San Diego is more than capable of beating UNI. I also would out money on the Panthers, but a USD win would not be shocking. I think UNI is a solid team and on the right day, they can best many good teams. However, I dont think they have a real high ceiling and I just dont think they have an offense good enough to upend the better teams on the bracket. They have a single good win against ISUr and got blown out by Weber, SDSU, NDSU. Not to say that they can't come in here and beat us, but I think we're the better overall team. Obviously, turning the ball over quickly changes things. Itll be an interesting rematch if it comes to fruition. Our boys are looking to prove that they belong and wash the bad taste out of their mouth. UNI will be looking for revenge and to show the committee that they screwed up. Should be a good one, and I expect it to much closer than last time.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X