X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    Re: GDT: LIU Sharks

Our Defense is ****ing awesome. When was the last time we held an opponent to 120 freaking yards? I loved what the freshman Hicks and Evans showed. The rest of the team looked like they were playing with cinder blocks for shoes, even Janke's punt return looked like it was in slow motion. That early goalline fumble kind of set the tone for the offense. Though Blakely provided a nice spark towards the end of the game. I love Kanin and am appreciative of all that he has contributed to our program as walk-on and loyal practice player, but he sucks as a quarterback, even his TD toss to Kunz was a duck. We are screwed if he is our best backup option come Valley play.

Nice to know we can have an off day in the rain and win 38-3.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I want to chime in (again) on ticket prices.

The last thing the Jacks need with this is the perception that the price is too High. (Even when it isn't it will turn people away)
    I agree with slosho. It seems there will always be people who think ticket prices are too high.
    On the way home from the game, following the post-game on WNAX, my wife was reading (aloud while I drove) posts on this message board including those discussing ticket prices. Our perspective is the same: we measure the entertainment value and think an SDSU game is a great value for the price of a ticket. Last weekend we went out to eat with some of our family -- six in the group. We had a great time at a cost of around $30 per person. Well worth the price but we think the entertainment value etc. of an SDSU game is worth more, particularly when we're joined by some of the family.

I think our ticket prices are about right.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
    Woof! That's about all I can say. The O-line completely laid an egg tnight .. hardly any running room tonight. After last week I thought the Jacks would rush for 300+. Give credit to LIU, they came out fired up on D, they gave a very solid effort, but that doesnt excuse our O-line play. Not sure why we tried to run our backup QB like we did, still scratching my head about that. When it comes to playing Heide over Connors, I have a source that said once fall camp started, Connors fell off big time. Not sure how true that is, but it would certainly explain why he didn't see time tonight..
    I want to chime in (again) on ticket prices.

The last thing the Jacks need with this is the perception that the price is too High. (Even when it isn't it will turn people away)

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied

I think part of the problem with the o line last night was that they really weren’t prepared for the unique slants and stunts and shifts the LIU front seven did. From watching ECK in the first quarter he had the board and and preaching. So I think that was some the issue, but when it continued eck was pissed. And it definitely apparent that Nelson in his 4th in Brookings still can’t throw worth a darn. Maybe should ve move to WR. Thank good our defense is solid. And have these almost preseason games.

Leave a comment:

• mitchellrabbit
    replied

Zimmers description of the crowd(uninspiring) was right on. I dont think anyone around me ever stood up on a 3rd down. It was a struggle for most just to stand up for a TD. Might have been different had Gibbs played. I hope he is back soon.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    Oklahoma was charging $58 for a one day ppv pass to watch them destroy the yotes.
    And some of their tickets were reportedly selling for $50 at around the 30yd line.

Guess I'll use this to segue into a "rant and rave" post.

Rave (with a mini-rant): There was an older gentleman who used to sit in row behind my parents and me who took the time to stop and chat prior to kickoff. He used to "BS" with my parents during breaks in game action and said he wanted to come over today to say hello because he opted not to get season tickets again this year due to prices. Connections like that seem worth raving about, as I'm pretty sure we would never have known the guy had we never purchased our tickets, and I'm in agreement with some that if ticket prices were reduced even $3-5 per ticket, there would be increased sales, as even that small amount adds up when multiple tickets are being purchased.

Rant: Anyone watching at home have additional information on why the Jacks' "TD" that was reviewed and eventually deemed short was not ruled a TD? It sure seemed like Pierre had the ball over the line as he was coming down. Was their argument that his shoulder or something touched short of line?

Rave: We had a quick-moving request for a pair of Hobo Day tickets made in the last couple days, so we decided to stop at the ticket window prior to gates opening to try to get seats near where our season tickets are. Unfortunately, the ticket office initially had the tickets at opposite end in adjacent section. Once we got to our seats last night, we realized the mistake, so I walked back over to see if they could exchange the Hobo Day tickets we'd just purchased for ones closer to season tickets, and the ticket office was able to do so. That was much-appreciated, and aligns well with prior interactions with them.

Rant: One of the LIU fans was trolling for a better seat prior to the game, so she and her son tried to sit in season ticket holders' spots in our section. This temporarily confused a trio of our "repeat" ticket holders, who temporarily ended up shifting their locations to accommodate the LIU pair; unfortunately, as the seats filled, continuing this became impossible, and when the LIU fan learned she would have to move, she proceeded to whine about how she'd traveled all the way from NY and thought it was "disgusting" that she had to sit "way in the corner." I'd seen her at the east side visiting team ticket window prior to the game, and others in her party ended up closer to midfield, so it seems like an instance of her having "midfield tastes on an endzone budget."

Rave: Dang, Rozeboom and Backhaus are awesome to watch, and it's bittersweet that Rozeboom is a senior. Very appreciative of opportunities to witness the tackles, stuffed runs, PBUs, and INTs in person.

Tongue-in-cheek Rant: The Whiskey Creek "meat and greet" segment question about coach's favorite restaurant seems a bit anti-climactic (although maybe one will say Cubby's just to stir the pot)

Leave a comment:

• JacksBacker
    replied

Woof! That's about all I can say. The O-line completely laid an egg tnight .. hardly any running room tonight. After last week I thought the Jacks would rush for 300+. Give credit to LIU, they came out fired up on D, they gave a very solid effort, but that doesnt excuse our O-line play. Not sure why we tried to run our backup QB like we did, still scratching my head about that. When it comes to playing Heide over Connors, I have a source that said once fall camp started, Connors fell off big time. Not sure how true that is, but it would certainly explain why he didn't see time tonight..

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Saying Nelson looked OK is putting it nicely imo. I thought he looked really uncomfortable. Maybe that was because it was his first start, but he's not a freshman, he's at home vs. an inferior opponent. If he's not comfortable in that atmosphere, when will he be comfortable? Against a better defense he would have had at least 2 INTs.

Why did Eck keep calling QB runs with Nelson? I mean running might be Nelson's strongest attribute, but if you're going to run the ball, I feel like we have other people more qualified. Speaking of other people more qualified, why didn't we see Connors tonight? I thought for sure after Nelson looked shaky we would see Connors, but then Heide comes in? Very confused by that move. Interested to see if Heide won that job or if there's another reason Connors didn't play.
    Nelson had a great deal riding on this game and I would look uncomfortable too, if I were in his shoes. Yes he did make mistakes from which he will no doubt learn. Lets hope that Gibbs and Caleb are both back next week.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylN9hlntKpg

Here is LIU Coach. Very humble and very complimentary.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    perhaps, what is that ticket price that will fill the stands? not so sure that ticket price is making such a big difference, perhaps a few hundred "fans", but not thousands in my view.
    Oklahoma was charging $58 for a one day ppv pass to watch them destroy the yotes.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    There is a Sanford Clinic connected to athletic training room in SJAC. A Sanford X-ray technician is staffed on game days. But there is no MRI.
    Thank you, I don’t have a clue about these things. I did not know about Sanford setup.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    LIU didn't do much on offense, but it had a solid defense. Of course, the Jacks' defense was really solid. Nelson had a bad fumble, but he looked OK for his debut. I'm guessing that we'll see him again next week. I don't think broken fingers typically heal in only two weeks.
    Saying Nelson looked OK is putting it nicely imo. I thought he looked really uncomfortable. Maybe that was because it was his first start, but he's not a freshman, he's at home vs. an inferior opponent. If he's not comfortable in that atmosphere, when will he be comfortable? Against a better defense he would have had at least 2 INTs.

Why did Eck keep calling QB runs with Nelson? I mean running might be Nelson's strongest attribute, but if you're going to run the ball, I feel like we have other people more qualified. Speaking of other people more qualified, why didn't we see Connors tonight? I thought for sure after Nelson looked shaky we would see Connors, but then Heide comes in? Very confused by that move. Interested to see if Heide won that job or if there's another reason Connors didn't play.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

LIU didn't do much on offense, but it had a solid defense. Of course, the Jacks' defense was really solid. Nelson had a bad fumble, but he looked OK for his debut. I'm guessing that we'll see him again next week. I don't think broken fingers typically heal in only two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Too bad we don’t have an equipped X-ray truck and don’t have wait until tomorrow to find out s.the bad news. Walking with a limp does on surface seem encouraging, but only the X-ray machine knows.
    There is a Sanford Clinic connected to athletic training room in SJAC. A Sanford X-ray technician is staffed on game days. But there is no MRI.
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 09-07-2019, 09:59 PM. Reason: On second thought there is no MRI.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Sounds like some kind of knee/leg injury on the opening 2nd half kickoff.
    Yep. Missed it. Was waiting for hot chocolate. Not going to complain about that now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X