Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playoffs: Duquesne Dukes at The Dykhouse

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Just remember, George's is $3 per slice at the window, plan accordingly.
    Cash only?

Haven't told the wife yet but the boy and I are bringing an overnight bag in case we get stuck in Brookings after the game.

They let 9 year olds into Ray's don't they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Playoffs: Duquesne Dukes at The Dykhouse

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      Cash only?

Haven't told the wife yet but the boy and I are bringing an overnight bag in case we get stuck in Brookings after the game.

Dang it, it's too bad you didn't say anything. Last night was Avera fake moustache night at Frost!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        Just remember, George's is $3 per slice at the window, plan accordingly.
        Preach. They even gave me 2 slices for $6 when I stopped there at 1 a.m. 2 weeks ago. So good.

Comment

Georges after midnight..perfection!
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Cash only?

It's $3.50 a slice with a card.

Not saying your son is a dog, but I saw at least 3 dogs in Ray's last night, so they might let it slide. I know P's & Q's is letting in under 21s, now. Burgers are good if you get there before the kitchen closes at 10pm.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              There isn't a playoff game on the planet that is worth risking your life over. Stay home, watch it on ESPN+.
              Fortunately, the game will air on Espn3 (confirmed here and here), so folks won't have to purchase Espn+

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Fortunately, the game will air on Espn3 (confirmed here and here), so folks won't have to purchase Espn+
                I usually sync the video with the call from GoJacks. I would much rather hear Tyler and Scotty.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Duquesne is in the midst of one of their best seasons ever and they've built a lot of confidence in their current six game win streak. The Dukes can't match us for talent or offense. To win, they will need to do two things, win the turnover battle and get the ball in to AJ Hines hands 30+ times for the game.

They are 7-0 during the season when Hines touched the ball 29 or more times per game. In their other four games he averaged 11 touches and they went 1-3. He was injured early in the season and depth at running back position became and issue. They need to shorten the game by playing ball control offense with Hines. Couple that with a few turnovers from our beloved Rabbits and the Dukes will feel they are playing Towson again. A couple of quick scores by us will not be enough to get them to quit, unless the brutal temps and snow are too much for them. Last week they went down 10-0 and did little with the ball until their last 7th drive of the first half when the kicked a field goal. The 2nd half was a different ball game and they made history.

While most look at shutting down Hines and keeping tabs with Crawford on the outside, Daquan Worley is doing his best to imitate Pierre Strong. As highlighted by Trib Total Media, Daquan Worley has become a difference maker on offense in the 2nd half of the Dukes' season. He's averaging 8.6 yards per carry after switching from starting as a corner to playing running back, in the 7th game this season. He had scholarship offers from Wisconsin and Georgia Tech to be a running back. He chose to play at Penn State to play on the defensive side of the ball. His emergence as a change of pace running back with Hines changes the dynamics of their run game. With slippery conditions on Saturday, if he gets a seam he could be trouble.

Thump 'em early, thump them often and thump 'em early again in the 2nd half. Then we can consider resting some of our starters.

Comment

Working...
                  X