GDT: @ JMU Bulldogs With Too Much Bling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ JMU Bulldogs With Too Much Bling

Wanted to drop back in and say congrats to you guys on a great season. Tough way to go out but a lot of bright futures in store for your program. For those who made it to Harrisonburg I hope it was a great trip nd we treated you with respect. For those who wandered through P Lot tailgate I hope we got you some beer and food. Best of luck next year and hope we meet again for another game.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      This. The program is in good shape. I assume that with JW and DG graduating, we will return to more of a run first mentality, which should toughen up the team. High octane offenses are feast or famine and as fun as fast break football is to watch, strong D and a strong run game win championships.
      You both beat me to a posting regarding the "future," although I think returning WRs and TEs could help balance the offense (even if they aren't Goedert and Wieneke).

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        The thing with this year is when we get punched in the mouth we turn tail and run. No fight when things go wrong. Usd fans at work are never going to let me forget this one.
        They strung together quite the win streak after the Hobo Day Debacle, which seems to suggest they had some grit and perseverance. I hear you about the USD fans at work; oh well, they won't get me to change my allegiances.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          You’re right, public perception really has nothing to do with a programs attendance or recruiting. What does it matter, right?

Sure seems to be that way.

Is it?

It joins it....

Always good to be embarrassed on a bigger stage I always say....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Those discussing SDSU's culture might want to check the coaches' bios for JMU (OC & DC). You think their pedigrees might have something to do with the culture there?

Would those of you chalking this up to Stig (not saying you, Thumper -- just responding to the most recent "culture" post) be willing to concede that Stig's making progress with comparatively fewer staff resources than comparable programs?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            I hear you about the USD fans at work; oh well, they won't get me to change my allegiances.
            Let's be realistic, they would give up a certain body part to have won two more games and made it to the national semi's. ( Or to even have their first winning season in the MVFC. EVER.)

Comment

Terrible game, but great season. 11 wins. The Jacks finish 2017 as one of the top four FCS teams in the nation. Thank you Dallas, Jake, Jacob, Kellen and you other 11 seniors who helped bring the program to a new high. Overall, it was a very good season, and the future looks bright.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Let's be realistic, they would give up a certain body part to have won two more games and made it to the national semi's. ( Or to even have their first winning season in the MVFC. EVER.)
                That would require me to try to think like a 'Yote -- not a road I want to travel

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                  I could hear a catch in Strucky's voice when he was listing the out-going seniors. I am the same way. So few of the fans know what these players actually go through as Studenr/Athletes that stick it out for their whole careers. They work so hard and I want nothing but success for them. That is why I am so passionate and get so high when they win and so low when they lose. It was a great season with a disappointing end. We will be back, starting with the early signing day on Wed.
                  GBGBGJ!!!!💙💛🐰🏈🐰🏈💛💙

This is what I think kills me the most about this game. Really sucks to watch several all time greats go out like this. Oof.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

It is doubtful that in our lifetimes we will ever see the likes of a Jake and Dallas on the field at the same playing for the Yellow and Blue. I'm just glad I got to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                      It is doubtful that in our lifetimes we will ever see the likes of a Jake and Dallas on the field at the same playing for the Yellow and Blue. I'm just glad I got to see it.
                      I hope you are wrong. 😏
                      Their names are now Cavanaugh & Johnson.

Comment

Looking at JMU's roster, it appears they have the following 9 FBS transfers:

#3 Little (LB): 2yrs at Maryland
                        #13 Ishmael Hyman (WR): 1yr at Kansas
                        #15 Ron'dell Carter (DL): 2yrs at Rutgers
                        #19 David Eldridge (WR): 2yrs at Virginia
                        #29 Marcus Marshall (RB): 2yrs at Georgia Tech
                        #47 Darrious Carter (DL): 2yrs at Virginia
                        #52 Landan Word (LB): 1yr at Virginia
                        #61 A.J. Bolden (OL): 1yr at Toledo
                        #71 EJ Donahue (OL): 2yrs at Maryland

That could have something to do with the "culture" too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          Meh. I woulda said the same thing when Wolters graduated. Now we have Daum.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                            I hope you are wrong. 
                            Their names are now Cavanaugh & Johnson.

Or Lewis and Devlin standing by. As others have mentioned, I am probably more excited for continued improvement/strength in LBs and DBs next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              Meh. I woulda said the same thing when Wolters graduated. Now we have Daum.
                              And then Jenkins,Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                And then Jenkins,Jr.
                                Exactly. People were like we will never see anyone as great as Wolters in our lifetime. We have him now. And Jenkins might be the next all time great.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X