Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ JMU Bulldogs With Too Much Bling

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Just remind them they lost to the Jacks and didn't make it out of the second round. Also, Orris with The Shot.
    And also...vermillion.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      The thing with this year is when we get punched in the mouth we turn tail and run. No fight when things go wrong. Usd fans at work are never going to let me forget this one.
      They got beat by the the team from the Southland that got trucked by NDSU in the round of 8 so I am not sure how they can possibly talk... we got beat by the defending National Champions (and possible champs this season)

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        The day isn't all bad. Wife and I are going to star wars tonight. So atleast that will be enjoyable.
        I heard it sucks. Your day may not get better

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I heard it sucks. Your day may not get better
          I have heard both

Comment

This. The program is in good shape. I assume that with JW and DG graduating, we will return to more of a run first mentality, which should toughen up the team. High octane offenses are feast or famine and as fun as fast break football is to watch, strong D and a strong run game win championships.
            Originally posted by trueblue View Post
            I watched all the way to the end of the broadcast (including watching to see the handshakes)- as a not long-ago former jack fb player said, this group of seniors deserved that. The most wins in a season and the farthest any Jack fb team has ever gone. My hat is off to them and will definitely miss watching them in blue and yellow.
            That being said, the idea that this inexplicable performance is somehow an end is rather ridiculous. Was it the end when Zenner and Sumner graduated? Was the Montana playoff loss the end? This program is STILL on the way up. Look at the recruits that we are getting - a freshman this year who was a Parade All-American as one example. Urbanek and Wilson at LB as other examples. If you were listening to the radio broadcast- 9 of the 11 guys who saw time on the DL will be back. The top 6 LB's will be back- Rozeboom still only a jr and Backhaus only a So! 4 of the top 5 CB's, including Jordan Brown return. Lo Williams- our leader in interceptions- potentially into a starting role at safety.
            Already said it once, but look at the physical tools of Kavanaugh at TE. Eddie Miller, Genant, Pupungatoa and others back along the line as well as Grant Schmidt (Originally a OHIO STATE recruit) becoming eligible. Isaac Wallace was arguably our best back the last 4 games of the season. I could keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
              We got punched in the mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We punched out selves in the mouth.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                We punched out selves in the mouth.
                We made a great team look like football gods.

Comment

Here's my plan: I'm going to try and not talk about this game as much as possible. Instead, I'm going to focus on Jackrabbit basketball and enjoy their seasons. There's no denying this was the best season ever in Jackrabbit football, but they didn't deserve to end it like this. This game will leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while, so the best thing for me is to focus on basketball and cheer for them to play long into March. (I'm expecting a nice re-load for the Jackrabbit offense and improvement on the defense for football next season.)
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

True. I'm not sure we would have won even if we didn't turn it over 10 times, but I would have liked to have found out. Oh well. Time for basketball.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I would like to thank all the Jacks for letting me hang out on your board over the past week. It has been great trading intel with you.

You guys have a lot going for you and shouldn't let this game get you down. The final score is not indicative of how good you are. You proved that over the course of the season. But, don't take my word for it, ask the Bison.

It is simply impossible for any team to overcome ten turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        Well...if you are a Viking fan, you should be accustomed to lackluster playoff game performances
                        Not really a Vikings fan but I am a Jacks fan so your point stands.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          Jacks had a nice drive going, but Mengarelli fumbles at the JMU 21. JMU ball.

Can't do this much today.
                          Truer words have never been spoken. This turnover ultimately spelled doom for SDSU. We all knew that scoring on the first drive was the key to the game, and we were on our way to do that. Credit to JMU, they made a really big hit and nice play that set the tone for the game. I'm not going to read the rest of this thread and I'm not going to comment any more. Absolutely no reason to. On to Jacks bball and good luck to Goedert and Wieneke in the draft.

Comment

• GDT: @ JMU Bulldogs With Too Much Bling

I could hear a catch in Strucky's voice when he was listing the out-going seniors. I am the same way. So few of the fans know what these players actually go through as Studenr/Athletes that stick it out for their whole careers. They work so hard and I want nothing but success for them. That is why I am so passionate and get so high when they win and so low when they lose. It was a great season with a disappointing end. We will be back, starting with the early signing day on Wed.
                            GBGBGJ!!!!💙💛🐰🏈🐰🏈💛💙

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                              Not really a Vikings fan but I am a Jacks fan so your point stands.
                              The Vikings on history channel has not disappointed. Not sure what others think but I am a fan of that series. Just haven't watched any season 5 yet. It's on the dvr at my parents just haven't had time to watch it.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                                I watched all the way to the end of the broadcast (including watching to see the handshakes)- as a not long-ago former jack fb player said, this group of seniors deserved that. The most wins in a season and the farthest any Jack fb team has ever gone. My hat is off to them and will definitely miss watching them in blue and yellow.
                                That being said, the idea that this inexplicable performance is somehow an end is rather ridiculous. Was it the end when Zenner and Sumner graduated? Was the Montana playoff loss the end? This program is STILL on the way up. Look at the recruits that we are getting - a freshman this year who was a Parade All-American as one example. Urbanek and Wilson at LB as other examples. If you were listening to the radio broadcast- 9 of the 11 guys who saw time on the DL will be back. The top 6 LB's will be back- Rozeboom still only a jr and Backhaus only a So! 4 of the top 5 CB's, including Jordan Brown return. Lo Williams- our leader in interceptions- potentially into a starting role at safety.
                                Already said it once, but look at the physical tools of Kavanaugh at TE. Eddie Miller, Genant, Pupungatoa and others back along the line as well as Grant Schmidt (Originally a OHIO STATE recruit) becoming eligible. Isaac Wallace was arguably our best back the last 4 games of the season. I could keep going...
                                I left BWW AFTER the pick 6, but came home and still turned it on because I agree the seniors deserve it.
                                As for the rest.... +1 for the drama of it all.

Never said SDSU wouldn't be back or improve from this. The season ends for whoever wins the championship too you know

You can probably count on some other completely unfathomable way future seasons end though.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X