Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoff ticket info

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Anyone know how ticket sales are going? Our group bought 7.
    I bought my season-ticket seats and asked the representative of the ticket office how sales have been (my call made about 2:00 pm). I was told they've been very busy all day. Tickets sales were pretty good last week and they had a lot of orders come in over the weekend that had to be addressed today. I didn't ask about guesstimates on numbers.

In my head, I think I'll be reasonably satisfied with a crowd of 10,000. People are still catching on and the fan base continues to grow. By all rights, this team deserves a full house but I know that's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I bought my season-ticket seats and asked the representative of the ticket office how sales have been (my call made about 2:00 pm). I was told they've been very busy all day. Tickets sales were pretty good last week and they had a lot of orders come in over the weekend that had to be addressed today. I didn't ask about guesstimates on numbers.

In my head, I think I'll be reasonably satisfied with a crowd of 10,000. People are still catching on and the fan base continues to grow. By all rights, this team deserves a full house but I know that's not going to happen.
      I believe that Stig said that he is hoping for 15K. It should be a great December day. No excuses not to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        I believe that Stig said that he is hoping for 15K. It should be a great December day. No excuses not to be there!
        It's my weekend to work. So won't be there.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          It's my weekend to work. So won't be there.
          You need to think about your priorities.

Comment

He also didn't want a let down from the crowd after the NDSU game. How'd that turn out for the ISU-Gray game?
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              bought my 2 season tickets and after the game will head to the basketball game. then back to brookings sunday for the womens game vs louisville. a busy weekend for sure
              are there any deals on tix to the BB game at the Pentagon? Cheapest I see is $58 and that's pretty steep after a Football game.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                are there any deals on tix to the BB game at the Pentagon? Cheapest I see is $58 and that's pretty steep after a Football game.
                go to this site
                https://www1.ticketmaster.com/south-...00531784F438E2

tickets range from $14.50 to $58

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  go to this site

Tickets available in center sections for $27.50.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I paid $34 a ticket the first day they were on sale

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                      go to this site

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Tickets available in center sections for $27.50.
                      Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      I paid $34 a ticket the first day they were on sale
                      Thanks GUYS!! Guess I had a bad link only showing the $$$ ones.

Edit: I just realized when I looked on my phone this morning (before I got my vision and mind working) I had read it as $114-$58. not $14-$58 Whoops!
                      Last edited by slosho; 11-28-2017, 08:00 AM. Reason: LOL I'm blind

Comment

My guess is we will have half that (7500 total attendance).

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          He also didn't want a let down from the crowd after the NDSU game. How'd that turn out for the ISU-Gray game?
                          Maybe Stig should have called for 4100 attendance in order to keep the Panthers feeling at home(attendance for UNIDOME home game was 4095.) Playoff attendance was dismal among most. Weber State had 6900 and Nicholls had 9600. This week is likely to be an improvement with the seeded teams and mild weather specifically for Brookings. There should be an increase for students with no break at this time. I would go with glass is half full at this time.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Maybe Stig should have called for 4100 attendance in order to keep the Panthers feeling at home(attendance for UNIDOME home game was 4095.) Playoff attendance was dismal among most. Weber State had 6900 and Nicholls had 9600. This week is likely to be an improvement with the seeded teams and mild weather specifically for Brookings. There should be an increase for students with no break at this time. I would go with glass is half full at this time.
                            I think the attendance will be in the 9500-10500 range for us, but I don't know if that is glass half full or glass half empty. I would love to proven wrong and have 15k+ show up, but I think that they nice December weather may actually work against us. The weather this time of year will always provide excuses for some not to attend (either too cold to sit outside for 2 hours or too nice to sit and do nothing outside for 2 hours).

It is too bad that we can't flip the camera for game so it shoots east to west. The west side should be fairly full, but that camera facing east makes the game attendance look very sparse.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Zero excuses for a poor crowd Saturday.

Playoff Football...check
                              Revenge Game...check
                              Regional Game...check
                              No Holiday Weekend...check
                              Great Weather...check
                              Chance to watch THE best team we have ever had (likely the last time at the Dana this year)...check

No more excuses. Get to Brookings on Saturday and bring some loud friends!!!

Comment

I'm pessimistic by nature, but I just don't see how this game will break 9000. There's no excuses, but our fan base is so just too casual. Playoff football isn't a big enough draw yet for our fans that don't know the difference between Drake and Montana State. And that's a large part of our fanbase that we depend on to get those 14 K + numbers. Maybe a deep playoff run and a championship might change this pattern of behavior.

But if we have less than 10,000 show up this Saturday with all the help (weather, seed, etc.) we have, I think we are what we are at that point. We've been a playoff team and a national power for long enough now that we should start seeing better attendence late in the year for these big games. If we don't do a little better this Saturday, I'm not sure when we ever will.

Comment

Working...
                                X