X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91jack
    replied
    Re: GDT: @ USD Mangy Dogs

After watching the replay last night, it sure makes me wonder how we can let a team drive about 75 yards in 5 plays taking only about 1 minute off the clock playing our prevent defense. There was about 3:11 on the clock when they got the ball and they scored with about 2:14 on the clock. It seems like that is the prevent defense that we have been playing for over 10 years and it might have cost us a game or two (a guess) but it makes things more fun for the fans.
    Can anybody tell me if the clock was ran correctly with about 2 minutes left? I am only asking because the play clock started at 25 seconds instead of 40? It seems weird that SDSU lost 15 seconds because an official inadvertently blew his whistle(for targeting). I know that is just the way it goes but since there was no penalty and it was a running play, it would have been nice to get those extra 15 seconds.
    Last edited by 91jack; 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BrerRabbit
    replied

OK I confess I had to take a look. I found the USD forum and I can't stop laughing at their inane descriptions of the game, themselves and their team. One guy calls himself "FlagshipU". They might be the flagship of Clay County but that is about it.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I'll have more to post tomorrow but for now I'm still a little heated about what I saw and heard on the field today.

For those of you who wanted Stig fired after UNI and were lamenting that we didn't have Bob Nielson... GTFO

I have never seen such a classless team, period. I've been told by friends who are USD fans that they think the program, character wise, is now much closer to Meiercort's then Glenn's. #44 is a very talented player but is a dink. Straight up. Taunting an injured player. Encouraging the crowd to boo when there was injured player. Waiting for the Jacks to run out of their locker room to try and start ****. All the **** talking after every single play. That team is out of control and that is direct failure of Nielson's leadership. I'm not even going to get into the off field bull****.

So for all those reasons, plus winning, I'll take Stig 10/10 times and if you want Nielson go cheer on the mangy yotes.
    #44 was also the one who knocked the ball out of TC's hands after the final whistle blew. Keep it classy...we'll have to deal with him for 2 more years as he's only a sophomore.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Might be why our staff "Passed" on him (or didn't recruit hard) I Love Bulldogs insight and passion, and no doubt #88 in red is an excellent player.
    When it comes to Bulldog, I am like a small kid at the zoo, who loves to poke a ton or more gorilla in the ass with a stick. Yes he does have insight and definitely passion.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Van Roekel is a wide receiver and is luckily graduating. He might play the role of Alex Wilde if he were in our offense. Good player for the Yotes though there just wouldn't be room for him in our lineup.
    Might be why our staff "Passed" on him (or didn't recruit hard) I Love Bulldogs insight and passion, and no doubt #88 in red is an excellent player.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Van Roekel is a wide receiver and is luckily graduating. He might play the role of Alex Wilde if he were in our offense. Good player for the Yotes though there just wouldn't be room for him in our lineup.
    His number 88 generally makes him a tight end, but you know more so I stand to be corrected. I guess WR and TE can choose between 80-89 and 11-20, or is there some scheme to the numbering? I am

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Yes he is a very good football player. In wearing yellow and blue, I suspect he would not be getting the playing time that he is getting in Vermillion. He would be behind Goedert and maybe one or two others. If its about playing time, I think he made the right choice.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Decided to check out usd's forum for the first time, and, wow, that was special. Nearing the level of Bisonville, just with less people. Also, you guys who got banned, way to go for getting banned for no good reason. How petty can their admin be? Can't have a good forum with no control and with no outside opinions.
    They can trash talk this forum all they want, but the admin on here are fair and keep control while the fans are generally pretty good and informative. Thank you to all the admin and fans who keep this forum great and mostly away from conspiracy (tired of both sides cramping fight.)

P.S. I'm not trying to drag anything over from other sites, just want to say thank you to the admin and fans of this one.
    Yes interesting reading, but not our level for civility.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD's receiver, #88 Van Roekel, is a nice player. Bulldog, where are you? You were in charge of recruiting from NW Iowa that year.
    Yes he is a very good football player. In wearing yellow and blue, I suspect he would not be getting the playing time that he is getting in Vermillion. He would be behind Goedert and maybe one or two others. If its about playing time, I think he made the right choice.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Decided to check out usd's forum for the first time, and, wow, that was special. Nearing the level of Bisonville, just with less people. Also, you guys who got banned, way to go for getting banned for no good reason. How petty can their admin be? Can't have a good forum with no control and with no outside opinions.
    They can trash talk this forum all they want, but the admin on here are fair and keep control while the fans are generally pretty good and informative. Thank you to all the admin and fans who keep this forum great and mostly away from conspiracy (tired of both sides cramping fight.)

P.S. I'm not trying to drag anything over from other sites, just want to say thank you to the admin and fans of this one.
    Eh, I’m not surprised he banned me for essentially nothing. In USeD fans eyes I’m the SDSU Lakesbison, so I hold a special place in their hearts. Some of it is because I tend to be aggressive in slapping them down when they say dumb stuff and I figure some of it is because I started calling them USeD. I think that got some sand up their skirts. Tbh when their board admin says he never wants to tailgate with an SDSU fan because SDSU blah blah blah, and myself being a guy who feels tailgating is supposed to be where you can share a beer and some laughs with everybody, I’ll take it as a badge of honor to be banned from those douchebags sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

USD's receiver, #88 Van Roekel, is a nice player. Bulldog, where are you? You were in charge of recruiting from NW Iowa that year.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Very troublesome to see the taunting penalty on USD's #86, Josh Hale. Jacks had kicked off after taking the score to 31-21 with 4:52 on the clock (4th quarter). Hale gets called for standing over #45, Jess Workman and taunting after taking him down hard. Workman is clearly dazed (watch him walk off the field and start to fall when he is caught by the doc/trainer walking with him and another trainer comes out to assist him). I saw too much of that kind of behavior from the red team in this game.

I will run into guys I ran against from other schools -- granted, track guys aren't usually bumping heads etc. but the competition is nonetheless fierce -- and its a real pleasure to see those guys you haven't seen in 20 or 30 years, recognize one another, give each other a little grief, and have some laughs. I suspect a guy like Hale is clueless about sportsmanship -- at least that's what he demonstrated when he got tagged for a totally stupid penalty.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Hildahl, #96, gets a leg cramp with the clock stopped at 14:24 in the 4th quarter. Listen to the commentator working with Jay Elsen on the Midco broadcast. He explains how when he played at USD, in the preseason they would turn up the "dryers" and then visiting teams, particularly in the early season, were not accustomed to the heat/dryness and would "wilt". [Wilt was his word selection, not mine.] Before play resumes, the camera shows a lot of the Jacks on the sidelines taking in some water and the commentator pointed that out while also noting the USD fans were starting to react to the cramps

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    While you may be thinking about this thread, there is a replay of the football game on Mediacom.
    Good idea!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X