X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Re: Game Week: North Dakota State University

I'm curious about Ty Brooks and if he is healthy enough to fill the shoes (explosive plays) that Lance Dunn provides. I'm sure Seth Wilson is good but I'd be concerned about giving him the ball in pressure situations for his first collegiate carries. I'm curious to see how Bruce handles a heavy workload in back to back weeks. The Bison don't have a fullback like Morlock this year as the two listed on the two deep have zero carries. I hope the Jacks stack the box in the early downs and then play man to man on third down with a Rozeboom spying on Stick on. The rushing yardage the Bison gain on 1st and 2nd down will really determine the outcome of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

The Jacks are 5-8, all time, against the Bison in Dakota Marker games. That's not good, by any means, but it's not as terrible as one might think listening to reports from the news media and Bison fans. I think the Jacks will win this one by more than a TD and bring the record to 6-8.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Jacks are 7.5 point dogs. Total is 51.5. Both seem about right. Although imo, we either win by a little bit, or lose by a lot. The chances of anything else are slim.
    I could see us losing a heartbreaker. Good competitive game up until the end. At least not less likely than winning a thriller.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Jacks are 7.5 point dogs. Total is 51.5. Both seem about right. Although imo, we either win by a little bit, or lose by a lot. The chances of anything else are slim.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Excellent post again. Hoping your predicted score is slightly off and the game is never in doubt in Jacks' favor.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

I hope TC and his receivers are practicing, eating, sleeping and going to class outside in the cold all week. Either they are able to put on an aerial show or we get the ground-pounded into a 14+ point loss like we've seen too many times against NDSU.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    We should do an over/under on how many "drives" SDSU will have that will take less than 90 seconds off of the game clock.
    I really don't think UNI ran the ball "all over" SDSU. Ya they had a lot of yards but when you have 60 carries, you should put up some yards. UNI only average 3.6 yards/carry.
    The YSU game was just ugly and if any team runs like that on SDSU, SDSU is in trouble. NDSU will try to do that so we will see.
    SDSU had about 13 possessions in that game and only had the ball for more than 2 minutes on 3 of those 13 drives. If SDSU's offense scores in 1 play great but if they don't control the ball and they don't score, this could be an ugly game. SDSU had more drives that took less than 1 minute off the clock than they had that lasted more then 2 minutes.
    If the drives end in touchdowns then quick drives are okay by me. Where this offense gets itself into trouble are the 3 & Out drives. If we score then NDSU can't simply pound the ball every drive. I think our best defense on Saturday may be our offense.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Really no secrets to this game. NDSU is gonna try and run the ball and keep it out of our offenses hands. If they have success with it and have TOP of 35 mins + they will win. If they are forced into 2nd and 3rd and longs and are forced to pass we likely have the upper hand.
    We should do an over/under on how many "drives" SDSU will have that will take less than 90 seconds off of the game clock.
    I really don't think UNI ran the ball "all over" SDSU. Ya they had a lot of yards but when you have 60 carries, you should put up some yards. UNI only average 3.6 yards/carry.
    The YSU game was just ugly and if any team runs like that on SDSU, SDSU is in trouble. NDSU will try to do that so we will see.
    SDSU had about 13 possessions in that game and only had the ball for more than 2 minutes on 3 of those 13 drives. If SDSU's offense scores in 1 play great but if they don't control the ball and they don't score, this could be an ugly game. SDSU had more drives that took less than 1 minute off the clock than they had that lasted more then 2 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

I say this with tremendous respect for the Bison players, coaches, and staff.

I really hope the Jackrabbits can win, because their fans are egregiously annoying. (and yes, probably with right to be so)

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
    Really no secrets to this game. NDSU is gonna try and run the ball and keep it out of our offenses hands. If they have success with it and have TOP of 35 mins + they will win. If they are forced into 2nd and 3rd and longs and are forced to pass we likely have the upper hand.
    Yeah they gouged us on 3rd and long before. Defense needs to get off the field. We will load the box and try to force Stick to beat us with his arm. Even if we succeed in that we could still lose, Stick has shown he can chuck the ball around when he needs to. At least if we force them to pass then they likely won’t have a huge TOP disparity. If we get up by a 10 quick I think it will give our defense a much better chance to do their thing. Force them to do things they aren’t comfortable with.

Wild card will be the weather. I can’t believe I’m saying this for the first time but I’m nervous about precipitation. We have yet to perform well in the elements. Hopefully they practice outside all week. I know NDSU will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Bison will be without Lance Dunn. Expect a heavy dose of Bruce Anderson. It sounds like Ty Brooks will play a role as well. He is the flashier of the two and had a big run last week against UNI. They also pulled a redshirt on Seth Wilson who saw one snap last week.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    And much like you crying about it on every board possible...wow
    Pretty hilarious to see how cow fans act when they get their own medicine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    And much like you crying about it on every board possible...wow
    Let's not get started with the personal insults in a non-smack thread.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Here is my preview of NDSU: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...ota-state.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X