Time for Stig to move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time for Stig to move on?

People are calling for Stigs head when his biggest rival has lost 7 games in 7 years? He was also recruiting to arguable the worst stadium in the conference until 3 years ago, and has to compete with NDSU, UND, USD & UNI for every recruit. I have seen it all.

Comment

Back to the COA and Football Budget, how does USD have full COA and Training Table? Our stadium is twice as big, their attendance until this year was atrocious. Is it an administrative choice? We have to have more donors!

Comment

Originally posted by New Jack View Post
        Back to the COA and Football Budget, how does USD have full COA and Training Table? Our stadium is twice as big, their attendance until this year was atrocious. Is it an administrative choice? We have to have more donors!
        Short answer: Their students are taking out loans to finance alumni goals.

But you're not wrong we have to offer all of this to compete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
          People are calling for Stigs head when his biggest rival has lost 7 games in 7 years? He was also recruiting to arguable the worst stadium in the conference until 3 years ago, and has to compete with NDSU, UND, USD & UNI for every recruit. I have seen it all.
          NO ONE IS CALLING FOR STIG'S HEAD!!! (sorry, shouting so the people in the back hear it too)

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            NO ONE IS CALLING FOR STIG'S HEAD!!! (sorry, shouting so the people in the back hear it too)
            But a hint will go a long ways.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              No, according to your high and mighty definition we compete for a national championship just by playing in a conference with an AQ to the playoffs. You know it’s ok for people to have higher expectations than being happy with the playoffs right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              And those people shouldn't totally be butt hurt when it doesn't happen every year.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

/endthread

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Is making the quarterfinals competing for a national title?
                  Making the national title game is competing for the national title. Making the quarter finals is competing to make it to the semi finals. So we have never competed for a national title under coach Stig.

Therefore, OBJECTIVELY, you are wrong.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Making the national title game is competing for the national title. Making the quarter finals is competing to make it to the semi finals. So we have never competed for a national title under coach Stig.

Therefore, OBJECTIVELY, you are wrong.
                    Everyone from day 1 of the season is competing for a National title,but more and more teams are eliminated as the season progresses until it comes down to the two best teams in the Nation (theoretically)playing for the crown.I think you may mean that realistically just a select few are deemed capable (have the team to) win a National Championship.,but until eliminated from contention,everyone shares the same goal,I'd assume,if they have any aspirations at all.Yes they are all competing.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Everyone from day 1 of the season is competing for a National title,but more and more teams are eliminated as the season progresses until it comes down to the two best teams in the Nation (theoretically)playing for the crown.I think you may mean that realistically just a select few are deemed capable (have the team to) win a National Championship.,but until eliminated from contention,everyone shares the same goal,I'd assume,if they have any aspirations at all.Yes they are all competing.
                      Objectively, you only can win a National Championship in FCS football if you make the National Championship game. Then during that game, you compete with another team. The winner of that game is given a trophy says "National Champion." Any other game before this is not competing for a national championship because there is not trophy given to the winner that says "National Champion."

This is objectively true, and anyone who say it isn't, is objectively wrong.

Being a pedantic ass is fun.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Just for fun,if you get the chance ,ask a coach in FCS football if he is playing for a National Championship this season,he might say yes,but I don't think we'll make it that far,or give other reasoning yes or no but none will say "only if we are in the National Championship game"......I guarantee that won't be the response to the question.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          You know we advanced further than ever before just last season, right?
                          And we went 8-3 that regular season, just like the last five seasons. The only reason we ended up seeded is because two teams lost ahead of us in the rankings on the last weekend. We advanced as far as we did because we got lucky enough to have the right teams lose at the right time, giving us a bye. We then won one game, followed by another bad road loss in our second game of the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            And we went 8-3 that regular season, just like the last five seasons. The only reason we ended up seeded is because two teams lost ahead of us in the rankings on the last weekend. We advanced as far as we did because we got lucky enough to have the right teams lose at the right time, giving us a bye. We then won one game, followed by another bad road loss in our second game of the post season.
                            But we competed for a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                              Aye aye, Cappin'. His post referenced Stig's mediocrity, which he's now trying to say was fake news.
                              That's 1 X. Keep going! 2 more X's and I get a chance to steal!

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                And those people shouldn't totally be butt hurt when it doesn't happen every year.
                                Even for THIS team? This is not a rebuilding year Goon.

Comment

Working...
                                X