X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GopherHole
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruiting List

Is Blakely being recruited primarily as a running back or a corner/safety?

He previously committed to Miami of Ohio. Rivals had him listed as a corner when he was a RedHawks commit for 8 months.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Tyrece Frater also received an offer on his official visit. https://twitter.com/tyrece_frater/st...375964160?s=20
    Here is his tape if you haven't watched it yet. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5639441...5e89121c91d725

Blakley did indeed get an offer on his visit. https://twitter.com/dblake1130/statu...056344582?s=20
    His tape: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6351778...ed910e041acd4f

These would be two big additions. Blakley would give us another STUD running back and Frater will be a beast in the trenches when he fills out.
    Looking at Frater's size, speed, and film, it doesn't seem like his offers match his talent thus far. Are coaches seeing him as a tweener and not sure what position to play him at? To me he seems to be super undervalued especially playing HS ball in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Tyrece Frater also received an offer on his official visit. https://twitter.com/tyrece_frater/st...375964160?s=20
    Here is his tape if you haven't watched it yet. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5639441...5e89121c91d725

Blakley did indeed get an offer on his visit. https://twitter.com/dblake1130/statu...056344582?s=20
    His tape: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6351778...ed910e041acd4f

These would be two big additions. Blakley would give us another STUD running back and Frater will be a beast in the trenches when he fills out.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Sounds like Devin Blakely now has an offer.

Leave a comment:

• trueblue
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Were the football recruits at the basketball game today? Hope to see some commits by Monday.
    We saw them leave Cubbies after womens game was over so I am guessing that is where they were heading

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Were the football recruits at the basketball game today? Hope to see some commits by Monday.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    The kid looks athletic and his results are good, but his mechanics seem odd to me. It appears like his taking a jab at the ball and does not follow through. On his long FG attempts, I don't think his kicking foot ever reaches knee high. The resulting hop with his plant foot also looks odd, but I'm sure he has to do something to keep balance after the recoil of his kick.

In his defense, it is his natural kicking motion and kicking expert, Coach Zauner, advocates that with a number of the kickers that he coaches. I'm also curious if the quick punch of the ball reduces the fade or draw of the ball in its flight path. Any kicking experts on board who can provide some insight?

Regardless, welcome aboard Cole! Depth and competition are important at any position of the field.
    Like a chip shot in golf not a full swing and follow through. Almost like he is afraid to extend or maybe he had some one go for block and bull doze him. Like he pulls up so people wont run into him.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Cole Frahm, former kicker from Nebraska is one of the other OVs. Strong leg forsure. I think he would have two years of eligibility left once Chase V. graduates.
    The kid looks athletic and his results are good, but his mechanics seem odd to me. It appears like his taking a jab at the ball and does not follow through. On his long FG attempts, I don't think his kicking foot ever reaches knee high. The resulting hop with his plant foot also looks odd, but I'm sure he has to do something to keep balance after the recoil of his kick.

In his defense, it is his natural kicking motion and kicking expert, Coach Zauner, advocates that with a number of the kickers that he coaches. I'm also curious if the quick punch of the ball reduces the fade or draw of the ball in its flight path. Any kicking experts on board who can provide some insight?

Regardless, welcome aboard Cole! Depth and competition are important at any position of the field.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Cole Frahm, former kicker from Nebraska is one of the other OVs. Strong leg forsure. I think he would have two years of eligibility left once Chase V. graduates.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

I'm really excited about Blakley. His junior tape is phenomenal. I have no idea why he didn't play for Nazareth his senior year but I do feel bad for the kid because Miami pulled his offer the Sunday before signing day when they had another recruit who was higher ranked commit. He had been verbally committed for 4+ months. I think he was planning to play DB for them but I'm guessing he'd play RB for us.

Frater is a bull. Check out his tape! He does tend to play a little bit high but I think that may have to do with the poor quality lineman across from him. I think a year in the weight room and getting coached up on proper technique could make him a stud.

I've talked about Marqui before but has the potential to be a huge difference maker in the return game and as a receiver/gadget back, very similar to Cade Johnson.

I know there will be more players on campus this weekend but I'm still digging and working to confirm.
    according to Eck twitter there are six recruits visiting.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    Of course he wouldn’t stop being a pain in our ass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wasnt he offered by Wyoming? Maybe he is trying to stick it to Bohl?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Nice segment on Jarod DePriest by WMBD News. Shows a lot agility on the basketball court for a kid his size.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

I'm really excited about Blakley. His junior tape is phenomenal. I have no idea why he didn't play for Nazareth his senior year but I do feel bad for the kid because Miami pulled his offer the Sunday before signing day when they had another recruit who was higher ranked commit. He had been verbally committed for 4+ months. I think he was planning to play DB for them but I'm guessing he'd play RB for us.

Frater is a bull. Check out his tape! He does tend to play a little bit high but I think that may have to do with the poor quality lineman across from him. I think a year in the weight room and getting coached up on proper technique could make him a stud.

I've talked about Marqui before but has the potential to be a huge difference maker in the return game and as a receiver/gadget back, very similar to Cade Johnson.

I know there will be more players on campus this weekend but I'm still digging and working to confirm.
    Good stuff! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Westside is reporting on his Twitter that we have 3 guys visiting this weekend.
    - Marqui Johnson from AZ who has an offer.
    - Tyrese Frater, LB/DE out of FL
    - Devin Blakely out of IL who once was committed to Miami (Oh). He was a former teammate of Diamond Evans, SDSU signee.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Westside is reporting on his Twitter that we have 3 guys visiting this weekend.
    - Marqui Johnson from AZ who has an offer.
    - Tyrese Frater, LB/DE out of FL
    - Devin Blakely out of IL who once was committed to Miami (Oh). He was a former teammate of Diamond Evans, SDSU signee.
    Hope we can land Johnson, he looks like quite an offensive player on his highlights, and seems like he comes from a real good family.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X