X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GopherHole
    replied
    Re: 2019 Recruiting List

It's amazing to me that we haven't even started conference play in 2018, and our recruiting class is almost full. That early signing period and the coaches adjustments to the recruiting calendar have made for an interesting dynamic.

So how many scholarships will we be offering to the 2019 class? Will we hold any for the highly ranked players that fall through the cracks after the initial signing period due to the numbers games that Power 5 programs have to deal with? We have 14 seniors on the roster and I'm not sure if all are on scholarship. Furthermore, there are always some who leave the program prior to completing their senior year of eligibility.

We have 19 commits on the list, and there often are individuals who haven't made public announcements that could be in the fold. Moreover, some on the list are preferred walk-ons.

So during improvement week, what are your thoughts on the class and how many more targets do we have out there? What are the positions of need versus what is this class bringing in? (I find it interesting that Pupungatoa and Weir are the only senior offensive linemen, yet the coaches are bringing in five offensive linemen thus far. Yes, you need to bring in extras as they don't always pan out for various reasons. we also brought in five last year too. However, I suspect that we are offering more than two schollies to the 2019 class.)

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Anthonie Cooper verballed to Arizona St

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Wyoming has now offered Latrell Bible DE out of Minneapolis.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Both were in Brookings this weekend. Any insight whether we are good with these two or will we not know until they sign officially?
    We're fine. Unless Nebraska offers some money I don't see them flipping.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Appears Nebraska pursuing Darnell and Reimer. Assume for preferred walkons.
    Both were in Brookings this weekend. Any insight whether we are good with these two or will we not know until they sign officially?

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

DE- Ethan Smith commits to Air Force: https://twitter.com/Ethan35smith/sta...13041192083456
    Safety: Martez Manuel to Missouri: https://twitter.com/martezmanuel13/s...53595457896448

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Why didn't you include this link?!

https://twitter.com/MidwestBOOM/stat...91067685515265

Wow.... I know it's 7 on 7, but wow...
    That is outstanding. Wow!

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Jackrabbits get their cornerback for the 2019 Class.

https://twitter.com/Diamond_Evans16/...52613677240320

Diamond Evans. 5'11 CB from Illinois. Part of the powerhouse Mid-West Boom 7 on 7 team. Nice to finally land one of these guys.

Had offers from: Indiana St, UNI, Columbia, Air Force, Fordham, Brown, USD, Montana St, UND, NDSU, and WIU.
    Why didn't you include this link?!

https://twitter.com/MidwestBOOM/stat...91067685515265

Wow.... I know it's 7 on 7, but wow...

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Jackrabbits get their cornerback for the 2019 Class.

https://twitter.com/Diamond_Evans16/...52613677240320

Diamond Evans. 5'11 CB from Illinois. Part of the powerhouse Mid-West Boom 7 on 7 team. Nice to finally land one of these guys.

Had offers from: Indiana St, UNI, Columbia, Air Force, Fordham, Brown, USD, Montana St, UND, NDSU, and WIU.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Appears Nebraska pursuing Darnell and Reimer. Assume for preferred walkons.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Wonder no more: COMMITTED!
    Awesome to win these battles. I’m sure it helps having another Kimball native on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Welcome to Jackland, Bo Donald! The Jacks' future looks very good.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfaninne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Per their twitter:
    jeremiah Jordan venal to Illinois St
    scott valentas verbals to Columbia

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

I let it percolate for a couple of days, but have not received any confirmation on Bo. However, I did switch him to the commitment list with a combination of factors. The verbal commitment was for a SD offensive lineman - he's the only o-lineman offer from the state that we had still listed in the offer column. The discrete tweets/likes on Bo's twitter account. (I love the Bo Jackson baseball tweet from Jackrabbit_Illstrtd!) Finally, the Bison Forum discussion about Bo becoming a Jackrabbit. Bo is the type of lineman that the Bison have developed for years. Big, relatively local talent that the Power5 programs overlook. It seams like every year they have an All-American in the trenches that fits the mold. Kudos to them for being so successful with that strategy.

Until I see differently, welcome to Brookings Mr. Donald!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X