• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackrabbit1979
    replied
    Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    From the NCAA rules on NCAA championship games:

2. Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted inside the venue, and such instruments shall be removed from the playing and spectator areas at the request of the NCAA game representative. Bands, or any component thereof, shall not play while the game is in progress (after either team breaks its huddle). See 2007-08 NCAA Division I General Requirements Handbook for additional information.
    If truly enforced, our band was in violation of this much of the game vs. Villanova.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

From the NCAA rules on NCAA championship games:

2. Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers (e.g., thunder sticks, cow bells, air horns) shall not be permitted inside the venue, and such instruments shall be removed from the playing and spectator areas at the request of the NCAA game representative. Bands, or any component thereof, shall not play while the game is in progress (after either team breaks its huddle). See 2007-08 NCAA Division I General Requirements Handbook for additional information.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Also does the NCAA prohibit cowbells for playoff games?
    Oh yes, even at D2 level that was a no-no.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Speaking of goofy rules... Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind no advertising in playoff games except for NCAA approved ads?
    Also does the NCAA prohibit cowbells for playoff games?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Understood. I'm not trying to justify the behavior. Sounds like they were drunk and not very reasonable, imagine that combination......
    Been there done that.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I agree with why someone might be upset. But to go to the level that they did was, well, I guess I covered that.

I agree with Jackedforlife and his post. If we could only be so lucky as to be exposed to more of the NCAA's goofy rules!

SUPERBUNNY
    Understood. I'm not trying to justify the behavior. Sounds like they were drunk and not very reasonable, imagine that combination......

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Speaking of goofy rules... Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind no advertising in playoff games except for NCAA approved ads?

NCAA's oppressive tyranny,

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

I agree with why someone might be upset. But to go to the level that they did was, well, I guess I covered that.

I agree with Jackedforlife and his post. If we could only be so lucky as to be exposed to more of the NCAA's goofy rules!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

This is borne out of ignorance. I remember the first time I went to the basketball national championships at the Metrodome and spent 20 mins trying to find a beer.........only to be told later that NCAA policy for National Tournaments prohibits the sale and consumption of beer outside of Club rooms or Suites. I think SDSU could have done a better job of making people aware of this. Imagine if you dropped $200 for those seats based on the understanding you had the same privilege as the Club seat policy described? You can see how someone might be upset.

Oh well. It happens.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

This is borne out of ignorance. I remember the first time I went to the basketball national championships at the Metrodome and spent 20 mins trying to find a beer.........only to be told later that NCAA policy for National Tournaments prohibits the sale and consumption of beer outside of Club rooms or Suites. I think SDSU could have done a better job of making people aware of this. Imagine if you dropped $200 for those seats based on the understanding you had the same privilege as the Club seat policy described? You can see how someone might be upset.

Oh well. It happens.
    I for one hopeful that this becomes the norm as it will mean we are playing many games under the NCAA's oppressive tyranny.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Read through this thread and saw a few posts about a few fans and their comments.

Did anyone else notice the two men who "were Jacks fans" but were so pissed off because of the NCAA rule to not allow them to take their beers into the stadium? They put on quite a show. Promising to cancel their tickets, get out of their 10 year contract, and never give a dime to the school again. They cheered loud for Villanove the rest of the game.

It was an embarrassing display! I certainly won't say who they were but my hope is that they read this and understand how they made total asses of themselves.

SUPERBUNNY

Oh well. It happens.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Exactly. I even saw a small bottle of fireball being passed around not too far from where I sit. Good way to keep warm.
    That was 2 rows right above us. I wonder if Filbert got in the festivities of passing around of the Fireball?

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Why didn't they just bring liquor in flasks, like normal fans.....
    Exactly. I even saw a small bottle of fireball being passed around not too far from where I sit. Good way to keep warm.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Read through this thread and saw a few posts about a few fans and their comments.

Did anyone else notice the two men who "were Jacks fans" but were so pissed off because of the NCAA rule to not allow them to take their beers into the stadium? They put on quite a show. Promising to cancel their tickets, get out of their 10 year contract, and never give a dime to the school again. They cheered loud for Villanove the rest of the game.

It was an embarrassing display! I certainly won't say who they were but my hope is that they read this and understand how they made total asses of themselves.

SUPERBUNNY
    Why didn't they just bring liquor in flasks, like normal fans.....

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by 1-state View Post
    Can't help but comment on this...atmosphere was awesome...one of my all time favorite game day experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While was enjoying ESPN3 coverage on my laptop, their camera was focus on the field. I kept hearing all this crowd noise, and wondered, did Villanova bring fans? NO that was our crowd. I proud of you. You did make noise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X