Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Look at the number of season tickets that were not claimed.........I find it hard to believe price is the major stumbling block.
    For the non-season ticket holder (casual fan) I could see ticket price being an issue. For the season ticket holder though it shouldn`t be. It doesnt make sense to me that someone who`s already invested several hundred dollars and six saturdays wouldnt want to be there for essentially the culmination of it all....if you dont bother going to the playoff game(s), why did you even bother wasting that much time and $ through the season?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Being a season ticket holder that isn't going. I think the Price isn't the issue its personal schedules. For example, we had scheduled an employee Christmas party and a charity event in the morning. I have carved enough time to watch the game as long i cut out a little early on the fund raiser.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        For the non-season ticket holder (casual fan) I could see ticket price being an issue. For the season ticket holder though it shouldn`t be. It doesnt make sense to me that someone who`s already invested several hundred dollars and six saturdays wouldnt want to be there for essentially the culmination of it all....if you dont bother going to the playoff game(s), why did you even bother wasting that much time and $ through the season?
        As much as I complain, price isn't the deciding factor for me. But it is a contributing factor.

Here's roughly how the group text went in our small group of season ticket holders:

Guy 1 - Hey guys, should we order tickets for playoffs?
        Guy 2 - YESSSSS
        Guy 3 - How much are they?
        Guy 1 - $45, I think.
        Guy 3 - Ouch.
        Guy 2 - Serious?
        Guy 1 - I guess we can wait to see what the weather is doing...
        Guy 3 - There will be plenty of tickets available if we want to walk up.
        Guy 2 - Cubby's?
        Guy 1 - Let's talk next week.
        Guy 4 - Cubby's!!!!!!

IMO, if tickets were $30 it would have been 4 yes's without much thought, we would have figured out the logistics to make it work. $45 gave pause, and it was all downhill from there.

On an unrelated note, does the purchase of playoff tickets count in any way toward priority points? It absolutely should.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

On an unrelated note, does the purchase of playoff tickets count in any way toward priority points? It absolutely should.
          That's an interesting question, and I concur. I also think they could possibly encourage attendance by having a point bonus if a person attends every game (assuming the data from the ticket scanners could be correlated to actual tickets).

Comment

As much as I complain, price isn't the deciding factor for me. But it is a contributing factor.

Here's roughly how the group text went in our small group of season ticket holders:

Guy 1 - Hey guys, should we order tickets for playoffs?
            Guy 2 - YESSSSS
            Guy 3 - How much are they?
            Guy 1 - $45, I think.
            Guy 3 - Ouch.
            Guy 2 - Serious?
            Guy 1 - I guess we can wait to see what the weather is doing...
            Guy 3 - There will be plenty of tickets available if we want to walk up.
            Guy 2 - Cubby's?
            Guy 1 - Let's talk next week.
            Guy 4 - Cubby's!!!!!!

IMO, if tickets were $30 it would have been 4 yes's without much thought, we would have figured out the logistics to make it work. $45 gave pause, and it was all downhill from there.

I would kick Guy 4 out of your group.

Comment

For those who might want to risk seating location, you may buy a least expensive ticket and find your way to better seating when inside. It would save you a few dollars for that hot cocoa.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hard to imagine not dropping at least $30 in food and beverages spending more than 3 hours watching the game at Cubby's. I suppose you'll be warmer, but for another $15, you could be at the game.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Haha, I seriously wonder how much luck people will have getting into Cubby's on Sat. I was impressed that one Philly reporter mentioned "beautiful downtown Brookings" in his article.

As to SF's priority points question, it does not appear playoff ticket purchases are included based on this site; I suppose doing so could cause complications for fans who purchase Summit Tourney tickets too.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    You can choose your friends... can't choose your family...
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Of note... things that concern me (copied from article):
                      It appears to be an all-hands-on-deck approach for the Wildcat ‘D’ – they have five players with at least three sacks and 12 players with at least 30 tackles – but end Tanoh Kpassagnon is the catalyst.

Teams with a great team defense... much harder than a team with a special player or two.

also, don't like that their QB is dangerous in the option. (see Cal Poly... obviously it's not a Wingbone triple option team).

This is going to be a tough test for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        Meh. I would venture to guess that our ticket prices for a playoff game are on par with other FCS schools.
                        Not really, actually.

I'm not quite sure what side to fall on in this discussion about ticket prices, but when I first heard the cost I raised my eye brows a bit as well. I'll obviously be there still, as I consider myself a bit of a die hard like most on this board I'd assume, but I'm guessing it did have an impact on other more fair-weather fans. Based on conversations I've had with folks in the past few weeks, I think that is true. Or maybe more accurate, it's a convenient excuse for some who aren't really interested in attending anyway due to some of the other issues highlighted (population/travel/commute, weather, lack of passionate FB following, etc.).

Here's a quick snapshot of information I was able to gather online in just a handful of minutes for the other host schools. As you can see, we are the highest and nearly twice as much as most host schools (besides NDSU).

SDSU: $37 - $47, if purchased in advance. $42 - $52 at the gate
                        NDSU: $30 - $40 (standing room for $20/adult, $10/youth)
                        Eastern Wash: $20 - $32 (group of 10 or more = $15 each)
                        UND: $22.50 (youth tickets are $9)
                        Sam Houston: $18 - $30
                        James Madison: $15 - $25
                        Jacksonville St: $15 for GA, $75 for Club Level (only two options, not sure what “Club” includes at JSU)
                        The Citadel: $15 - $30

It is a cost prohibitive process to host playoff games no doubt. Did our situation not knowing if we were going to be seeded impact our bid, thus impacting the ticket prices? Do we lose out on the ability to host the game all together if prices drop by $10/ticket or $20/ticket? Do our regular season ticket costs impact this playoff price based on the information provided in this thread about NCAA rules (I can't recall what regular season per game tickets cost)?

Our Athletic department is full of smart folks, so I’m guessing all of these scenarios were considered before ticket prices were set and decisions were made to ensure we were able to host a game - which is most important as our team deserves it. It’s just interesting to see our costs compared to our peers across the country who are also hosting games.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I believe ticket prices have to be set at the lowest price for regular season games. So you can't discount them just to fill the stadium.

Comment

I think its going to be one hell of a great game and I'm not going to miss it.

I just ordered 2 more club seats after recruiting a friend and his wife to attend. That's 9 total for me. Certainly a hefty investment for one game.

I'm shifting some of the money I had reserved for a donation to the Jackrabbit Club and our family academic scholarship towards these tickets. Hoping its a wise investment.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Regular season tickets were $170 for the year. Of course, as much as $250 was required for the Jackrabbit Club. That would make a regular season ticket average up to $70/game down to $28/game for the corner where no Jackrabbit Club membership was needed. The $37-$47 just sounds to be high when looked at from a walk up price even though Hobo Day or USD were priced higher than the standard $32. I still encourage the guys sitting on the fence to buy the cheaper ticket and look for a better seat when the game starts. You can get an early look on the seating chart to find what is open. I recall that the WNIT a few years ago cost more for Frost than most of the other WNIT games, but the $20 per ticket gave us a chance to see the game at Frost. It is much like the Summit in Sioux Falls. The attendance made it very easy to bid and keep the tournament when the tickets get sold. I would not want to hear fans disappointed down the road because the athletic department did not get in a strong enough bid to host a football playoff game.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                Haha, I seriously wonder how much luck people will have getting into Cubby's on Sat. I was impressed that one Philly reporter mentioned "beautiful downtown Brookings" in his article.
                                That is clearly a slam. My east coast friends think the U.S. ends after the western suburbs of Philly and it's all Mad Max territory west of that.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X