Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

This whole situation is odd.

If it was NCAA or legal (authorities), then I'd guess SDSU would have their hands tied.

If its an internal testing (which I'd question why you'd have them anyways, and why you'd be testing anyone in the playoffs) then its internal punishment.

As a coach, my rule is I have control over what happens in my presence (practice/game/team travel/etc.).... And I can enlist suspensions for that, or chose not too.

If its something outside (legal, school, etc.) Then I believe in my hands being tied, and the punishments being uniform.

If there is evidence that the coaching staff/administration tried to cover something outside like that up, then I'd have concerns.

If its the latter, I believe that is an internal decision.

my 2 cents on the issue

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      We are not on the same level as the Bison -- yet. But we've once again closed some of the gap.
      That's quite the statement considering we just got shellacked 36-10 by the Bison in a game that had everything on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        That's quite the statement considering we just got shellacked 36-10 by the Bison in a game that had everything on the line.
        I was there. I also watched the October game the Jacks won.

Comment

I have seen every school in the league this year with the exception of Missouri State ( and I watched them on stream when you played them ) and I said after our game with you, although we had a shot of winning or extending that game, you were the best team in the MVFC. Days like yesterday happen, and once that snowball starts its very hard to stop it. There is that thing called momentum, and when it goes against you big time, it can be devastating.

If you played them 10 times, my bet is it would be 5-5, but if you played them on a neutral field, you win. Them getting home field doesn't seem right or fair, especially when you're playing a rival that already beat you in an extremely contested game. For some if you calling for Stig and staff to head down the road, I say you have got to be $hitting me. Except for a year here and there in the distant past, you've never been relevant on the national scene. The past few years have changed that. You are relevant. The fact is NDSU is more relevant, but you're closer than you've ever been.

As as a Coyote fan I pray you fire Stig. I mean that. But from what I've heard, he's an extremely classy and moral guy, and he's brought your program to a level you've not seen before. And because he's not won a quarter final game, some of you want a change? The word delusional comes to mind. For those of you defending him, good for you....doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I was there. I also watched the October game the Jacks won.
            I watched both games as well. I'll give you the likelihood that the talent level of our players is closing. Have a hard time seeing how our coaching has gotten any better. Our players alone cannot close that gap.

Comment

I watched both games as well. I'll give you the likelihood that the talent level of our players is closing. Have a hard time seeing how our coaching has gotten any better. Our players alone cannot close that gap.
              Offensive line coaching has greatly improved. Yesterday, not so sure.

Comment

in your observation you're stating the coaching staff isn't doing a good job. What is it that you are seeing that makes you say that? What evaluations are you making that indicates your staff isn't doing a good job?

Comment

Wouldn't coaches be doing a good job by bringing in better players, we have a very good young team, best offense in the conference. I suppose some would argue our offense is good not because of our coaching but in spite of it. I don't agree with some of the play calls, or the defense not changing for 3rd downs. that's on coaches, but we were ranked an 8 seed, won a home playoff game, were up after the 1st quarter at the #1 seed. Winning twice in fargo in one season is pretty much impossible.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    in your observation you're stating the coaching staff isn't doing a good job. What is it that you are seeing that makes you say that? What evaluations are you making that indicates your staff isn't doing a good job?
                    Did you watch all of the game Saturday? There were some of the same mind-boggling play calls that have been made in games time after time. Plays calls that, IMO, are simply indefensible. I've described those plays elsewhere in this forum so feel free to search.

With the talent coming back next year, I'm willing to give this staff one more shot....but that's it.

Personally, and I know I'll get railed for this, I see Coach Stig as our John Cooper. Cooper was well-liked. He was 111-43-4 at Ohio State, but 2-10-1 against Michigan. He won three (3) conference titles, but zero national championships. He could never get Ohio State over that final hump (pun intended).

Comment

Did you watch all of the game Saturday? There were some of the same mind-boggling play calls that have been made in games time after time. Plays calls that, IMO, are simply indefensible. I've described those plays elsewhere in this forum so feel free to search.

With the talent coming back next year, I'm willing to give this staff one more shot....but that's it.

Personally, and I know I'll get railed for this, I see Coach Stig as our John Cooper. Cooper was well-liked. He was 111-43-4 at Ohio State, but 2-10-1 against Michigan. He won three (3) conference titles, but zero national championships. He could never get Ohio State over that final hump (pun intended).
                      Not sure I can agree with the comparison, as NDSU is an FCS power, whereas the Wolverines were not on that level in the FBS during Cooper's tenure. Therefore, Cooper's failure to compete with a rival was a stronger indictment.

Plus, those calling for a coaching change may want to consider what happened to Cooper's successor.

Comment

I think we have to remember, we are not the only ones having problem with NDSU. This isn't an "SDSU problem", it just feels that way because we play them more than anybody else and are competitive with them in all sports. Now, we have the upper hand in most all sports except this one. It's a rival, every time we turn around they are there and vice versa. Yes its more heated because who really gives a **** about UNI, SIU, ISUr or b or MSU or USD or UND?
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          I have seen every school in the league this year with the exception of Missouri State ( and I watched them on stream when you played them ) and I said after our game with you, although we had a shot of winning or extending that game, you were the best team in the MVFC. Days like yesterday happen, and once that snowball starts its very hard to stop it. There is that thing called momentum, and when it goes against you big time, it can be devastating.

If you played them 10 times, my bet is it would be 5-5, but if you played them on a neutral field, you win. Them getting home field doesn't seem right or fair, especially when you're playing a rival that already beat you in an extremely contested game. For some if you calling for Stig and staff to head down the road, I say you have got to be $hitting me. Except for a year here and there in the distant past, you've never been relevant on the national scene. The past few years have changed that. You are relevant. The fact is NDSU is more relevant, but you're closer than you've ever been.

As as a Coyote fan I pray you fire Stig. I mean that. But from what I've heard, he's an extremely classy and moral guy, and he's brought your program to a level you've not seen before. And because he's not won a quarter final game, some of you want a change? The word delusional comes to mind. For those of you defending him, good for you....doing the right thing.
                          Sad that a USD fan had to say this or that it's even an issue after the best season in the history of the school. SMH
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Great analogy. Ohio State with it's infinite budget can hire anyone it wants and spend millions of dollars and decades of historical greatness to build off of. Our school's historical greatness? Non-existent until the last decade. And our coach gets paid less than most of his contemporaries. Our season was judged a success when we average 5000 fans and beat Augie and USD just 20 short years ago. Until our recent run, it was 50 years before we were in a playoff game. 50 years. When we were in D2.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Hypothetical question. If NDSU loses Saturday after the end of the first half debacle, does their board call for a new coaching staff? Absent the defensive call playing on 3rd and long and the horrible play calling that led to the safety, the game was not lost by the coaches. The game was lost when we let NDSU go on a 12 minute drive in the 2nd quarter. They averaged less than 4 yards per play that drive. Other than the 3rd & 23 play, we had the correct defense called and just couldn't execute. Our offense was rolling until that point. That drive sucked away all momentum and life we had. Coaches didn't have anything to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                                Hypothetical question. If NDSU loses Saturday after the end of the first half debacle, does their board call for a new coaching staff?
                                Yes. Absolutely yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X