Playoffs 2016: Nova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs 2016: Nova

Stig says they called timeout to put pressure on the VU FG kicker in the first half. Basically, they tried to ice him. VU then put offense back on the field and scored a TD.

Luckily it didn't cost the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Stig says they called timeout to put pressure on the VU FG kicker in the first half. Basically, they tried to ice him. VU then put offense back on the field and scored a TD.

Ice him on what was basically an extra point? Thats really really dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Also, they had 2 seconds on the play clock and weren't going to get that kick off anyway.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Aka... playoff Stig.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

This just sounds like him making up an answer because saying "I made a mistake and got lost" doesn't sound good
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              This just sounds like him making up an answer because saying "I made a mistake and got lost" doesn't sound good
              I actually disagree with this.

Coach Stig actually admits to mistakes all the time, sometimes even unwarranted.

It was a terrible mistake in my opinion, but I actually believe that that was Coach Stig's train-of-thought when calling the timeout.

The problem was, the pressure of trying to get the play off before a delay of game would have had way more of an effect than giving him extra time to think about the chippy he was going to kick.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Goedert first receiver to ever have over 80 receptions in a season. Wieneke has 73 receptions this season.

I expect a big game from both of them in Fargo.

Christion also tied a SDSU record with 30 TD passes in one season.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  Also, they had 2 seconds on the play clock and weren't going to get that kick off anyway.
                  That was the play before. I dont think they were lined up to kick when we bailed them out on a delay of game penalty.

Comment

That was the play before. I dont think they were lined up to kick when we bailed them out on a delay of game penalty.
                    Nope. It was the kick. I attached a screen grab. You see there are 3 seconds on the play clock, the kicker isn't yet lined up to kick. We called a time out 2 seconds later. And in the second grab there is 1 second on the clock, and the kicker is just starting to line himself up. There is no way they would have gotten that play off. They had no time outs. We called one and bailed them out. That was a mistake.
                    Attached Files
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Any word on attendance? I've looked at several places and nothing listed on go jacks or ESPN.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Nope. It was the kick. I attached a screen grab. You see there are 3 seconds on the play clock, the kicker isn't yet lined up to kick. We called a time out 2 seconds later. And in the second grab there is 1 second on the clock, and the kicker is just starting to line himself up. There is no way they would have gotten that play off. They had no time outs. We called one and bailed them out. That was a mistake.
                        guess i remembered wrong. We agree it was dumb dumb dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Any word on attendance? I've looked at several places and nothing listed on go jacks or ESPN.
                          According to GoJacks.com it was 0....

Comment

Maybe they were trying to get a penalty to give the kicker a better angle at the uprights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              Maybe they were trying to get a penalty to give the kicker a better angle at the uprights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              That's what I was thinking too. But wouldn't have to accept the penalty.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Survive and advance, right? This was all just a set up for next weekend by lulling the Bison to sleep, right?

I'm just glad we didn't put up a game like that against NDSU, because they would have flat out embarrassed us. I kind of think there were a lot of players that were looking ahead to another matchup in Fargo and overlooked Villanova a bit. They clearly didn't have the focus they needed for this game.

We should have lost this game, there's no question about that. From the timely penalties against them to dropped passes and interceptions, time and time again we got lucky. Hell, the play that likely prevented this game from going to overtime was lucky, with Goedert stepping in front of a ball that wasn't even intended for him. Oh, then a field goal bouncing off the upright and going in.

It was almost like we were meant to win today, but we did everything in our power to prevent it from happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X