Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Coyotes

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    From the anti-run crowd. I will accept repayment for you wasting my time with your arguments today in the form of cash or Juice Stop coupons. Unfortunately, I do not accept Hobo Dough.
    Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

So, looks like I was wrong, by a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fresh outta coups though

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

630 yards of offense, 400 of which were rushing...only 28 points to show for it, we left too many points on the field.

Comment

Yep. 630 yards should be more than 28 points. It was fun to watch the running backs churn up the yards. I know we have some receivers that should be ready to do their thing when it is ready for that movement. Christion's 2nd TD was a very clever setup. I miss the passing game, but this exhibition of power running will make the game planning a bit more difficult for the Panthers. I also hope we can get a better defensive scheme for the Panthers. Penalties and turnovers seemed a bit over average today. 1-0 is a successful day though.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          630 yards of offense, 400 of which were rushing...only 28 points to show for it, we left too many points on the field.
          It seems this offense either passes well or runs well...there just haven't been those games when both are clicking.

Glad to come away with the win, now fix the stuff that needs fixin' and let's go win the conference
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The table was certainly set for the worst self-inflicted loss in a long time. The meltdown would have crashed this forum if it had happened. Fortunately it ended up being just another win over USD.

Speaking of USD, I would not want to be them right now. Steamrolled for 400+ rushing yards today and NDSU coming to town next weekend. I imagine they are in for a lot more of the same.

Comment

I have a question for someone who is a whiz on the rules. I understand that any punt that goes into the end zone is a touchback. I also see players catch the ball in the end zone on a kick-off and bring the ball out of the end zone continue play until a tackle or other end to the play. Why then on a kick-off that bounces from the end zone to the field of play that the ball is dead rather than live? Why is there not a need for the receiving team to make the play?
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                I have a question for someone who is a whiz on the rules. I understand that any punt that goes into the end zone is a touchback. I also see players catch the ball in the end zone on a kick-off and bring the ball out of the end zone continue play until a tackle or other end to the play. Why then on a kick-off that bounces from the end zone to the field of play that the ball is dead rather than live? Why is there not a need for the receiving team to make the play?
                I think it has something to do with the fact that it hit the endzone and hit the field of play before touching a player? I have no idea on the exact rule, and would love a full explanation myself.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Listening to radio coverage, they gave the player of the game award to the offensive line for the pass protection and opening many holes for the running backs. Two of them Wallace and Mangerilli had over 100 yards. I don't have the trained eyes to recognize good plays, but thanks Mike Struck, being an old defensive player did recognize our guys.

Comment

I think it has something to do with the fact that it hit the endzone and hit the field of play before touching a player? I have no idea on the exact rule, and would love a full explanation myself.
                    That makes sense to me. The play was reviewed and was the only one reversed. The ref had spotted the ball on their two yard line, after the review, it was moved to the 20 yard line.

Comment

That effort was good enough to beat usd or msu probably but if we take that on the road next week not sure if that gets it done. We left to many points on the field again. Not sure why we went for the fg. Seemed like a great chance to go for it. Keep the drive alive or they get it.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here's what I was told from a knowledgeable fan in my area: When the ball landed in the endzone untouched by a player, it was a touchback so it comes out to the 25. The play looked weird because there was no whistle. So, when the ball bounced back to the field of play, the player, not hearing a whistle, did the safe and smart thing by falling on the ball at the two. the refs sorted it out quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Here's what I was told from a knowledgeable fan in my area: When the ball landed in the endzone untouched by a player, it was a touchback so it comes out to the 25. The play looked weird because there was no whistle. So, when the ball bounced back to the field of play, the player, not hearing a whistle, did the safe and smart thing by falling on the ball at the two. the refs sorted it out quickly.
                          So if the ball bounces on the ground in the end zone prior to touching a player, the player cannot advance?

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            So if the ball bounces on the ground in the end zone prior to touching a player, the player cannot advance?
                            If the ball would have bounced and stayed in the end zone it would still be a live ball no?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Too many upset people.
                              SDSU dominated this game.
                              Yes, it was closer than it should have been.
                              That's football.
                              Personally, I was pleased to see Bergner miss a FG. Just bc he's so 'perfect'.
                              Streveler, very inaccurate passer. Did throw a few really nice balls, but often short. 90% of his throws are 6 yards or less.
                              I give USD credit for keeping it close. They played hard.
                              Next week, will be a very tough game at UNI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                Too many upset people.
                                SDSU dominated this game.
                                Yes, it was closer than it should have been.
                                That's football.
                                Personally, I was pleased to see Bergner miss a FG. Just bc he's so 'perfect'.
                                Streveler, very inaccurate passer. Did throw a few really nice balls, but often short. 90% of his throws are 6 yards or less.
                                I give USD credit for keeping it close. They played hard.
                                Next week, will be a very tough game at UNI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                Didnt he miss 2 years ago too? Or was that a different kicker who was crazy good.

Comment

Working...
                                X