Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Coyotes

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Didnt he miss 2 years ago too? Or was that a different kicker who was crazy good.
    He missed (the kick from 2 years ago) but the video showed he may have actually made it. I think he was going for a record for most consecutive makes in a season.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      If the ball would have bounced and stayed in the end zone it would still be a live ball no?
      No, it's dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        No, it's dead.

You can do this, though: http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/he...off-1786754970
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Assuming since he caught it that its live.

Comment

Rants and Raves

Rave: Nice job crowd! Way to show up and bring the noise. As a fan, that was one of the most fun games that I have been to (not counting playoffs or snow games).

Rant: We have to finish drives. Pretty simple.

Rave: I liked our tendency buster in the first half. We had Vejvoda, Goedert, Wilde, Brown, and Louscher in the game. Typically this is run personnel. However, on this play we thew the quick slant to Wilde for a nice gain and first down.

Rave: Brady Hale had hist best game as a Jackrabbit. Glad to see that he is punting with such confidence.

Rant: #17 for USD is a redshirt freshman but he was jawing after EVERY single play that he was in on. Unbelievably annoying. He also threw a couple cheap shots on kick coverage. Not looking forward to watching him play for the next three years.

Rave: Defensive line had another really good week. It is cool that rFR Spencer Hildahl has cracked the rotation. I believe he was a preferred walk on.

Rant: I got told to sit down during the first media timeout by an old jackwagon. I'm a taller guy and was standing up to keep my legs loose. There was literally NOTHING happening on the field. The next timeout when they introduced the Feeding South Dakota folks, I turned around and asked him if I could stand up to cheer. He had some choice words for me.

Rave: Really impressed with how much our offensive line has improved since last year. I really hope we can help coach Eck stay in one spot for more than a year or two.

Rant: I know there is nothing we can do about it now, but we are really missing Trey Carr and/or Shak Taylor. They are not here for a reason, but the #2 and #3 CB position has been a weakness all year. Mosley and Washington struggled again yesterday.

Rave: I think he makes many of us hold our breath every time he fields a punt but Lewis has done a really nice job overall this year. Couldn't have been easy judging distances with that wind yesterday. I'm excited to see him get a few more opportunities on offense with Anderson out.

Bottom Line: Good win against the instate rival. Sets us up to win the conference next week!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Rants and Raves

Rave: Nice job crowd! Way to show up and bring the noise. As a fan, that was one of the most fun games that I have been to (not counting playoffs or snow games).

Rant: #17 for USD is a redshirt freshman but he was jawing after EVERY single play that he was in on. Unbelievably annoying. He also threw a couple cheap shots on kick coverage. Not looking forward to watching him play for the next three years.

Rant: I got told to sit down during the first media timeout by an old jackwagon. I'm a taller guy and was standing up to keep my legs loose. There was literally NOTHING happening on the field. The next timeout when they introduced the Feeding South Dakota folks, I turned around and asked him if I could stand up to cheer. He had some choice words for me.
              This was definitely a fun game -- a bit too close, but I am glad the Jacks won. I agree re. #17, as my parents and I noticed his conduct during several plays. Hopefully he was just fired up for a rivalry game (not that it excuses cheap shots). I wish standing wasn't so offensive to some, and I generally try to glance back and see if the people behind me are still sitting to minimize time spent blocking their view. Plus, sitting improves my bleacher-stomping effectiveness, but if the people in front of me stand, I am going to stand so I can see the action. Maybe the gent in your area can think about moving closer to the front row so he doesn't need to worry about it. Then again, maybe he really gets stoked for the "T-Rex Challenge" during the TV timeout, and he thought you'd prevent him from seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Assuming since he caught it that its live.

i think that's correct. The guy in the Clemson clip needed to take a knee to down the ball.

Comment

I think the crowd size supports what many have said for several years: the annual Marker game with NDSU is a bigger rivalry. I think more Jacks fans show up and you know the Bison contingent will be large. First stadium sellout should be NDSU next season.

Comment

TC was off again passing. Thank god for a rushing game. Qb has troubles finding a second or third receiver often. Passes were behind receivers, way late and high. Stop throwing in triple coverage as well. Someone must be open if the defense is covering with three on one.

Comment

Who counts players on the field for punts? Does a coach in the box upstairs or a player on the field? Twice USD had 12 players on the field for receiving a punt. Snap the ball, both times the Jacks needed less than five yards thus a first down with the penalties. USD had to use a timeout on the second 12 men on the field but the Jacks had time to snap it prior.

Why call timeout with 16 seconds on the play clock then attempt a 52 yd field goal? It seems like a wasted timeout. The Jacks missed a 43 yard fg earlier with swirling winds. Put the fg team out there right away or call an offense play or punt.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I think the crowd size supports what many have said for several years: the annual Marker game with NDSU is a bigger rivalry. I think more Jacks fans show up and you know the Bison contingent will be large. First stadium sellout should be NDSU next season.
                        I think the student turnout pretty much solidified that they view NDSU to be the bigger rival.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          Who counts players on the field for punts? Does a coach in the box upstairs or a player on the field? Twice USD had 12 players on the field for receiving a punt. Snap the ball, both times the Jacks needed less than five yards thus a first down with the penalties. USD had to use a timeout on the second 12 men on the field but the Jacks had time to snap it prior.

Why call timeout with 16 seconds on the play clock then attempt a 52 yd field goal? It seems like a wasted timeout. The Jacks missed a 43 yard fg earlier with swirling winds. Put the fg team out there right away or call an offense play or punt.
                          Agree on all points. I'm repeatedly disappointed in the coaching staff. That game should not have been that close.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                            I think the student turnout pretty much solidified that they view NDSU to be the bigger rival.
                            I don't know what you are talking about. I talked about it with others, and we all thought student turnout was fantastic! I think yesterday proved students do care about the in-state rivalry. Sure, it was a bit empty at the top, but still pretty great for the last regular season home game. When you consider the weather, 3 day weekend, etc., it could have been much worse.
                            NDSU games are earlier in the year, which does make a difference, and NDSU is seen as a more competitive game, which makes for a better game. It also helps there is a trophy with the Dakota Marker. Students don't see the SD Corn trophy unless they walk through Frost and look at the trophy case (if they even know the trophy exists.) So, yeah, students see NDSU as a bigger rival because both teams and schools have made it a bigger deal than the in-state rivalry. (I should note, at basketball games and pretty much every other sport, USD is seen as the bigger rival. Student turnout is much better for games against "the school down south" versus "the school up north.")
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

A close game like that on Saturday does help a depleted rivalry.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                                I don't know what you are talking about. I talked about it with others, and we all thought student turnout was fantastic! I think yesterday proved students do care about the in-state rivalry. Sure, it was a bit empty at the top, but still pretty great for the last regular season home game. When you consider the weather, 3 day weekend, etc., it could have been much worse.
                                NDSU games are earlier in the year, which does make a difference, and NDSU is seen as a more competitive game, which makes for a better game. It also helps there is a trophy with the Dakota Marker. Students don't see the SD Corn trophy unless they walk through Frost and look at the trophy case (if they even know the trophy exists.) So, yeah, students see NDSU as a bigger rival because both teams and schools have made it a bigger deal than the in-state rivalry. (I should note, at basketball games and pretty much every other sport, USD is seen as the bigger rival. Student turnout is much better for games against "the school down south" versus "the school up north.")
                                I'm with you on this one. With it being a three day weekend, I was very happy with the student turn-out, and the % that stayed until the end was as high as any game this season. And kudos to them for keeping it classy - I heard a couple faint Screw the U chants, but they were very faint.

Comment

Working...
                                X