X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Good stuff.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...98880185098241
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Are you f*ckin kidding me? Slosho? Was it you? Anyone else on here? Wow, unbelievable.

Comment

Wasn't me! I'm simply afraid we could end up sticking with guys because they're the guy. (Devils advocate from Spring ball, The 2 QB's were supposedly Neck and Neck and if that's the case and one falters isn't the other as good if not better at that point? I saw what can happen @ USD last year and I just hope we don't loose that option) And this is really only because it's happened in the past. That being said I've Oft been critical of the lack of aggressiveness by our Offense, After the NDSU game about all that can be said is we might need a new play for third down other than the swing pass (games after NDSU that is). (I have loved our new found aggressiveness and only once have I really questioned it) Now if I see an occasional bump and run (or jamming at the line)I'll be like those Cubs fans.

I'm Trying to clarify a bit on my earlier post here. Which was a little in Jest. well the "Stig with it part" because it's happened in the past and I love a good play on words.

Like How I heard the Vikings O-line tried to stop Norv Turner from leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Are you f*ckin kidding me? Slosho? Was it you? Anyone else on here? Wow, unbelievable.
          Was already typing my response. Matt would laugh at me and tell me to shut up.

Comment

Dear lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Wow that is messed up. I can't even figure out what the person must be referring to? Has TC been off the last few games? Yeah, but not anywhere near warranting a benching, IMO.

Loved Matt's response.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Dear lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                For whoever wants to know what it will take to bench TC Here are the stats as QBR.
                (calculated using SDSU SID #'s and http://www.csgnetwork.com/quarterbackratecalc.html)

@TCU
                QBR= 134.44

Vs. Drake
                QBR= 139.583

Vs. Cal poly
                QBR= 102.083

Vs. Western Ill.
                QBR= 149.328

@SIU (So. Ill.)
                QBR= 125.123

@NDSU
                QBR= 85.714

Vs. YSU
                QBR= 111.012

Vs. ISUr (Ill. St.)
                QBR= 64.914

Vs. Mo. St.
                QBR= 85.867

You can't have Video game #'s every game.

I may be a bit Crazy, and I like to play devils advocate and stir the pot , but I'm not lakes bison crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  For whoever wants to know what it will take to bench TC Here are the stats as QBR.
                  (calculated using SDSU SID #'s and http://www.csgnetwork.com/quarterbackratecalc.html)

@TCU
                  QBR= 134.44
                  19-30, 333 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT

Vs. Drake
                  QBR= 139.583
                  MEH, stats don't matter in this one (they were good, trust me)

Vs. Cal poly
                  QBR= 102.083
                  20-33, 252 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT

Vs. Western Ill.
                  QBR= 149.328
                  22-31, 361 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT

@SIU (So. Ill.)
                  QBR= 125.123
                  32-51, 466 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT

@NDSU
                  QBR= 85.714
                  24-42, 303 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Vs. YSU
                  QBR= 111.012
                  15-21, 189 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Vs. ISUr (Ill. St.)
                  QBR= 64.914
                  33-63, 430 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT

Vs. Mo. St.
                  QBR= 85.867
                  22-37, 324yds 1 TD 1 INT

You can't have Video game #'s every game.

I may be a bit Crazy, and I like to play devils advocate and stir the pot , but I'm not lakes bison crazy.
                  Added actual stats(not including rushing). Pretty asinine to be calling for his benching if you ask me.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Thanks! Also remember he had 2 more TD's @ ISUr That aren't offical and would likely have at least one less INT (Likely 2 less) that included he't be QBR of 85+ to 92 for that game

Comment

• Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Added actual stats(not including rushing). Pretty asinine to be calling for his benching if you ask me.
                      Asinine is an understatement.

Comment

I cant believe this conversation is happening.

Comment

I will Argue why Paris hasn't been getting more touches. Feel like we have good RBs that aren't used enough. A couple different run formations would help open up the run game and utilize the RBS just a little more. Like when Wilkenson(sp) was O Cord when Berry was QB. He had good RBS and used them very effectively I felt.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            Overall I was happy with the win Saturday. They did what they had to do.

My only concern and it has been that way for a while is the struggles our defense has on third downs. They said on the radio that our D was the worst in the league at stopping teams on third down. Heck, not only are they not stopping them but they are giving up huge plays, committing terrible penalties, and giving opponents that we should be grabbing by the neck a chance to stay in the game.

Take this game for example. We go up 14-0 and all looks great. Then we give up a 90-yard play on 3rd and 15. Not long after, we turn it over, hold on first and second, and then commit a bad PI on third down to extend a drive that lets MSU tie it up. We were DOMINATING the game but two plays and it changed everything.

My point being that if we want to be a top team, make a deep playoff run, and contend for a title those lapses need to stop. There weren't any in the NDSU game. Not sure why there is a difference.

We've got one more home game against an up and coming Coyote team that would really like to pee in our Wheaties. We need a big, and vocal crowd in the DJD next week. Current forecast is for 59 degrees and a 10% chance of rain and a strong SSW breeze. Sounds like a great day for football to me!

SUPERBUNNY
                            This has been a huge concern for me all year. Big 3rd down conversions keep your defense on the field and lead to big momentum shifts that can swing a 2 score game and have you battling for a W. Have to do a better job of getting pressure on the QB I think. This will be a key issue on Saturday.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I just don't understand some of the conversations on this board sometimes. We could win the National Championship and there would be people on this board asking when Stig is going to get fired and how come Lujan isn't starting. No wonder we have to put directions on bottles of water.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                                I just don't understand some of the conversations on this board sometimes. We could win the National Championship and there would be people on this board asking when Stig is going to get fired and how come Lujan isn't starting. No wonder we have to put directions on bottles of water.
                                I think that is called taking the next step.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X