X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State Bears

Final: SDSU 49, Missouri State 24.

Jacks with 6 rushing TD.

SDSU (6-3, 5-1) faces USD next weekend. USD is down by 14 with 4:30 left in their game.

Comment

Idk bout anyone else but I'm disappointed in today's game. TC hasn't looked like himself for 2 weeks, he had some crap throws tday. I also hate how we take the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter after we gain a big lead. Not sure if it's play calling or players laying off, but we just don't have the killer mentality when it comes to a 4th quarter lead, this is D1 football, not Jr flag football. I love that we got a win and yes we did some things well, but we gotta be much better if we wanna be a deep playoff team.

Comment

Also, I haven't seen worse officiating in back to back games in a long time. It's like they were watching a totally different game.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
          Irrelevant but holy crap this midco chick dwarfs coach Bono lol
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Pretty sure the refs screwed up the call. Looked like a legit spike and they should have had another shot at a TD. So they probably did us a favor.
            It wasnt a spike. The refs had it right. The person running the clock fell asleep. Im guessing had the clock kept running, they wouldnt have had time for a fg

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              It wasnt a spike. The refs had it right. The person running the clock fell asleep. Im guessing had the clock kept running, they wouldnt have had time for a fg
              Correct.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                If that was not a spike on that play at the end, and the officials called it a run, then MSU got about 20 seconds worth of play in that last 12 seconds of clock time. More horrendous Valley officiating. Also, our clock operator needs to watch the official who was winding the clock as he spotted the ball, but the clock didn't start. Ugh.
                Meh...can't blame Valley officiating this time. I think the refs nailed it. And it was a difficult call. Official was in the middle of the scrum waiving his arm for about ten seconds and the clock operator would not start the clock. Operator definitely cost us three points as there was no way they were getting their FG unit on the field in less than 12 seconds.

Weird play...and exactly like the end to the Kansas game last year.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  how hard is it to add a QB sneak under center. Heck you could even have a RB take a snap under center and get a push from the line to get 1 yard. Would have to think that would work 80% of the time atleast. Our 4th and short plays are horrible. might as well try play action pass and go for the big play instead.
                  It's simply mind boggling we won't put our 215lb quarterback under center and let him fall forward for 2 feet.

Comment

After how we started just glad we took over the second half and put it away. Need to play sharper going into the playoffs but I'm happy to get a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Rants and Raves
                      Rave: Kellen Soulek is so impressive. Huge man, moves well, and is just nasty in the trenches. He's fun to watch.

Rave: Congrats to Dallas and Jake for both going over 1,000 yards receiving. Pretty dang impressive.

Rant: TC needs to get the ball down when throwing over the middle.

Rave: Nice job by the offensive line and running backs today. It is too bad Mikey got hurt today. It is cool to see his role expanding.

Rant: Crowd was dead today... all the way around. Low energy.

Rave: Slade has a nose for the ball. If he learns to take better angles defending the run, he will be hard for the other safeties to keep off the field.

Rant: I really want to see us go under center during short yardage situations.

Rave: Great job to the defense! Take away MSU's two big plays and they really didn't do much against our d.

Bottom Line: Great rebound game from last week and a great setup for the USD game next week.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Interesting game! We won. MSU is upward program. They were prepared for our offense. Christion was stuffed often on his run attempts and our key receivers were often covered. Our defense did a good job except for those two big plays.

Comment

Jacks had 548 yds total offense, scored 49 points, our two best weapons had over 100 yds receiving again and all 4 RBs scored a touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            It's simply mind boggling we won't put our 215lb quarterback under center and let him fall forward for 2 feet.
                            I don't disagree with this if it's less than a yard, but any more and I would like to see us use Kyle Paris. The guy is a bruiser and should be able to get us a yard or 2 every time, even when people know it's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I don't disagree with this if it's less than a yard, but any more and I would like to see us use Kyle Paris. The guy is a bruiser and should be able to get us a yard or 2 every time, even when people know it's coming.
                              Absolutely. You can see why he doesn't start over Wallace and Brady with his first run down to the two or so where he ran into the safety like he didn't even see him. But he is absolutely the guy I would count on to get me one yard when we need it, guy runs like a man possessed.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Jacks had 548 yds total offense, scored 49 points, our two best weapons had over 100 yds receiving again and all 4 RBs scored a touchdown.
                                Two different halfs and impressive second half stats, but Christion was held to 25 yards on the ground. That has not happened often. On that part, you have to credit MSU for doing their homework.

Comment

Working...
                                X