GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

And some clowns. All the little kids ran away in fear (just kidding).

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I have a rant.

There was a discussion on this board earlier this week about how the signage in the stadium was lacking, and in some places hard to see. Well, I found that out the hard way this week.

My wife's phone died during the first half, so my buddy and I walked to his car to get a portable charger while she stayed with his wife to get ice cream. We didn't realize that there was no re-entry into the stadium if you left. Apparently there were signs, but I didn't see them at all. No one stopped us or said anything as we left. In previous years, we'd always leave at half and come back. I don't know if this rule is new, and I just didn't hear about it, or if it's always been there and just never been enforced really well. Either way, we were not allowed back into the stadium with our tickets.

To add insult to the injury, the ticket people were incredibly rude. One ticket taker told us there were signs "all over" inside, and we should have known, and acted like we were the stupidest people on earth. Another laughed at us and said we could go buy two more tickets. Gotta say, it really put a damper on my Hobo Day enthusiasm that I spent $42 a piece for tickets and only got to watch one half of the game. My wife and my friend's wife also left after we couldn't get back into the game because they weren't going to sit and watch it while we couldn't.

Yes, it's partly (all?) my fault for not seeing the signage, but I think the policy itself sucks. I was pretty excited to go to the MSU game and the USD game, and honestly, I think I'll probably stay home now.

Glad the Jacks won, though.
      This won't help you now but here is a list of the stadium policies.
      http://www.gojacks.com/sports/2016/9...-policies.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Agree with all. Biggest rant is the students pouring out of the stadium again at half time against a good opponent on a gorgeous Hobo Day. Tells me large portion of our students are simply not football fans.

Distressing

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Agree with all. Biggest rant is the students pouring out of the stadium again at half time against a good opponent on a gorgeous Hobo Day. Tells me large portion of our students are simply not football fans.
          A reflection of the general population.

Comment

I have a rant.

There was a discussion on this board earlier this week about how the signage in the stadium was lacking, and in some places hard to see. Well, I found that out the hard way this week.

My wife's phone died during the first half, so my buddy and I walked to his car to get a portable charger while she stayed with his wife to get ice cream. We didn't realize that there was no re-entry into the stadium if you left. Apparently there were signs, but I didn't see them at all. No one stopped us or said anything as we left. In previous years, we'd always leave at half and come back. I don't know if this rule is new, and I just didn't hear about it, or if it's always been there and just never been enforced really well. Either way, we were not allowed back into the stadium with our tickets.

To add insult to the injury, the ticket people were incredibly rude. One ticket taker told us there were signs "all over" inside, and we should have known, and acted like we were the stupidest people on earth. Another laughed at us and said we could go buy two more tickets. Gotta say, it really put a damper on my Hobo Day enthusiasm that I spent $42 a piece for tickets and only got to watch one half of the game. My wife and my friend's wife also left after we couldn't get back into the game because they weren't going to sit and watch it while we couldn't.

Yes, it's partly (all?) my fault for not seeing the signage, but I think the policy itself sucks. I was pretty excited to go to the MSU game and the USD game, and honestly, I think I'll probably stay home now.

This is not a good policy. In the season ticket package, they gave a warning of the new policy. IRC the one exception was retrieving medications.

Comment

I have a rant.

I think this is on you. I just bought tickets to the USD game. On the bottom of my tickets that i need to print it says "NO RE-ENTRY".

Is it common to be able to leave and re-enter games at other colleges or pro games? Thats a serious question not try to be a smart ass.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                I think this is on you. I just bought tickets to the USD game. On the bottom of my tickets that i need to print it says "NO RE-ENTRY".

Is it common to be able to leave and re-enter games at other colleges or pro games? Thats a serious question not try to be a smart ass.
                I'm sure the no-reentry is super common. I just wasn't used to it at SDSU, as I've done it up to last year even. I was more upset with how rude the ticket people were. Whatever.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Rant: Hobo Day Parade was lacking downtown this year with several Lulls some 10Min or more. One band was baby stepping backing up the whole parade. took away from a normally fantastic event.
                  This is a recurring deal every year that typically a couple of small town bands cause a 10 minute gap. I've been to the parade a lot of years in a row and it's killing my desire to go. There needs to be a marshal like on the golf course to make them pick up the pace. The parade is getting too long because of it if you are near the downtown area. Two hours plus.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    This is a recurring deal every year that typically a couple of small town bands cause a 10 minute gap. I've been to the parade a lot of years in a row and it's killing my desire to go. There needs to be a marshal like on the golf course to make them pick up the pace. The parade is getting too long because of it if you are near the downtown area. Two hours plus.
                    Eliminate the fire and NG trucks, but then they throw bunch candy.

Comment

• Re: GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      IRC the one exception was retrieving medications.
                      IMO baby needs should be added under that caveat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        This is not a good policy. In the season ticket package, they gave a warning of the new policy. IRC the one exception was retrieving medications.
                        Retrieving medications... heh. That is a euphemism for drinking if I've ever heard one.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have a rant.

Wonder what the point of that policy is? Cut down on employees?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Retrieving medications... heh. That is a euphemism for drinking if I've ever heard one.
                            Yes or even sniffing cocaine. I thought this was what I read but it's been a while. The official policy lists no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                              Wonder what the point of that policy is? Cut down on employees?
                              I don't see cutting down on employees as an object when added more game day help. My nephew 's wife a SDSU regular employee was drafted into game day duty in exchange for BB season tickets.

Comment

That's why even thought they say no bags we bring in our bookbag with our 2 year old who is potty training. Diapers just in case. Extra change of clothes. The weather this time of year goodies etc. Hasn't really been a problem for us. I get the no re entry policy though. Surprised it hasn't always been that way. Seems a pretty standard policy for sporting events and concerts and such. Guess this falls into the growing pains of a new stadium. Lesson learned and a good warning for others. Just sucks they were less then polite about it. Customer service is something a lot of professions are lacking. Just how you treat a customer can affect their business with you in a big way. As RO said might not be coming to games the rest of the year. If they Handel it different my guess he would have it would have been this sucks but it is what it is and probably would continue to attend the remaining games.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X