GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Hobo Day 2016 SDSU vs YSU

Once again. best defense in the MVFC, possibly the country. We just scored the first rushing TD on them all year. They were disrupting the timing and everything else all day. Coaches had a gameplan to do what they did, and it worked. Turnovers happen ask YSU. I just don't understand this board sometimes...........
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Once again. best defense in the MVFC, possibly the country. We just scored the first rushing TD on them all year. They were disrupting the timing and everything else all day. Coaches had a gameplan to do what they did, and it worked. Turnovers happen ask YSU. I just don't understand this board sometimes...........
      As MontanaRabbit stated, I think the feeling of the offense not playing well is in regards to the red zone trips. It seems like we tighten up and don't execute as well as we do in the middle of the field. Yes, YSU has a very good defense, and we comfortably won the game, but I think that's more due to our defense playing very well rather than our offense playing well. The don't think it's wrong to talk about things that could have gone better, even in a win.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

we will sell out next year when the bison come to brookings. i dont see us ever selling out other than bison games.
        We will be able to sell it out for other games. If you were told 15 years ago that we would have an average attendance around 15,000 i bet you wouldn't have believed it.

This was on AGS in a thread celebrating a certain stadiums 30 year anniversary. Interesting quote:

Montana had recently finished construction on a nice little 12,000 seat stadium. Here are some pics in case you wanted to see it. A friend of mine recollects walking by it at one point going to class and saying "What the hell, how do they think they are gonna fill that hole (soon to be stadium) up?!"

So I think its real premature to say we won't be able to sell it out ever besides the Marker Game.
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Rants and Raves

Rave: Great day all around! Weather, 5K, the parade, tailgating, the crowd, the game!

Rave: For years everyone knew our opening play of the game on offense would be a dive up the middle. I love how this is no longer the case and that we come out aggressive and set the tone right away. The pass to Goedert was a perfect example.

Rave: Our defensive line was dominant and I think what we all expected at the start of the year. Hopefully those who are injured can get healed up and those who are forced into action are ready to go!

Rant: Student turnout. That area should have been packed but there were large sections that were empty at the top and in the corners. There really is no excuse. Then compound that with the mass halftime exodus again. However, kudos to those who stuck it out and were vocal.

Rave: Rozeboom. I was a little critical of him being a step slow to start the year and making most of his tackles down field, but he is now adjusting to the pace of play and is having a greater impact on our run defense. He's going to be a player!

Rave: Nice to get Landberg a touchdown on his senior day Hobo Day. He does a lot of good things that don't show up in the stat sheet such as run blocking and blocking down field for Jake and Dallas.

Rave/Rant: I loved the uniforms and the buildup that took place during the week as many of us anticipated seeing them, but I agree with those who said they were tough to read.

Rave: YSU has a really really good defense and shutdown the quick outs that Goedert has feasted on this year. It was nice to see us still put up some points and come away with a win.

Rave: Great job crowd! That level of engagement/noise is what we can and should be doing every game!

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot the offensive line. I can't believe they shut down an elite pass rush. Great job! They have really jelled.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Agree with all. Biggest rant is the students pouring out of the stadium again at half time against a good opponent on a gorgeous Hobo Day. Tells me large portion of our students are simply not football fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Rants and Raves

Rave: Great day all around! Weather, 5K, the parade, tailgating, the crowd, the game!

Rave: For years everyone knew our opening play of the game on offense would be a dive up the middle. I love how this is no longer the case and that we come out aggressive and set the tone right away. The pass to Goedert was a perfect example.

Rave: Our defensive line was dominant and I think what we all expected at the start of the year. Hopefully those who are injured can get healed up and those who are forced into action are ready to go!

Rant: Student turnout. That area should have been packed but there were large sections that were empty at the top and in the corners. There really is no excuse. Then compound that with the mass halftime exodus again. However, kudos to those who stuck it out and were vocal.

Rave: Rozeboom. I was a little critical of him being a step slow to start the year and making most of his tackles down field, but he is now adjusting to the pace of play and is having a greater impact on our run defense. He's going to be a player!

Rave: Nice to get Landberg a touchdown on his senior day Hobo Day. He does a lot of good things that don't show up in the stat sheet such as run blocking and blocking down field for Jake and Dallas.

Rave/Rant: I loved the uniforms and the buildup that took place during the week as many of us anticipated seeing them, but I agree with those who said they were tough to read.

Rave: YSU has a really really good defense and shutdown the quick outs that Goedert has feasted on this year. It was nice to see us still put up some points and come away with a win.

Rave: Great job crowd! That level of engagement/noise is what we can and should be doing every game!

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot the offensive line. I can't believe they shut down an elite pass rush. Great job! They have really jelled.
              The corner section is not part of the student section. I was actually surprised how many stayed through halftime compared to a normal game.

Comment

2016 Hobo Day Parade

Here are a few pictures of the parade for the Jacks fans that couldn't be there (it's a lot like last year's, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before...).

Start:

Da band

President and Mrs. Barry Dunn leading his first Hobo Day parade as the University's President.

Comment

I have a rant.

There was a discussion on this board earlier this week about how the signage in the stadium was lacking, and in some places hard to see. Well, I found that out the hard way this week.

My wife's phone died during the first half, so my buddy and I walked to his car to get a portable charger while she stayed with his wife to get ice cream. We didn't realize that there was no re-entry into the stadium if you left. Apparently there were signs, but I didn't see them at all. No one stopped us or said anything as we left. In previous years, we'd always leave at half and come back. I don't know if this rule is new, and I just didn't hear about it, or if it's always been there and just never been enforced really well. Either way, we were not allowed back into the stadium with our tickets.

To add insult to the injury, the ticket people were incredibly rude. One ticket taker told us there were signs "all over" inside, and we should have known, and acted like we were the stupidest people on earth. Another laughed at us and said we could go buy two more tickets. Gotta say, it really put a damper on my Hobo Day enthusiasm that I spent $42 a piece for tickets and only got to watch one half of the game. My wife and my friend's wife also left after we couldn't get back into the game because they weren't going to sit and watch it while we couldn't.

Yes, it's partly (all?) my fault for not seeing the signage, but I think the policy itself sucks. I was pretty excited to go to the MSU game and the USD game, and honestly, I think I'll probably stay home now.

Glad the Jacks won, though.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                    The corner section is not part of the student section. I was actually surprised how many stayed through halftime compared to a normal game.
                    He was talking about the top and corners of the student section, which were a little empty.

Comment

Lots of firetrucks from Brookings and one antique firetruck from Aurora

Floats and other stuff...this is a picture of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        He was talking about the top and corners of the student section, which were a little empty.
                        Correct. Thank you.

The only reason it was surprising to me is because I remember Hobo Day as a student being 110% packed in our section plus another 1,000 students on the south end of the field along the fence. I realize the new student section is bigger but it was fuller for the first two home games of the year forsure.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I have a rant.

There was a discussion on this board earlier this week about how the signage in the stadium was lacking, and in some places hard to see. Well, I found that out the hard way this week.

My wife's phone died during the first half, so my buddy and I walked to his car to get a portable charger while she stayed with his wife to get ice cream. We didn't realize that there was no re-entry into the stadium if you left. Apparently there were signs, but I didn't see them at all. No one stopped us or said anything as we left. In previous years, we'd always leave at half and come back. I don't know if this rule is new, and I just didn't hear about it, or if it's always been there and just never been enforced really well. Either way, we were not allowed back into the stadium with our tickets.

To add insult to the injury, the ticket people were incredibly rude. One ticket taker told us there were signs "all over" inside, and we should have known, and acted like we were the stupidest people on earth. Another laughed at us and said we could go buy two more tickets. Gotta say, it really put a damper on my Hobo Day enthusiasm that I spent $42 a piece for tickets and only got to watch one half of the game. My wife and my friend's wife also left after we couldn't get back into the game because they weren't going to sit and watch it while we couldn't.

Yes, it's partly (all?) my fault for not seeing the signage, but I think the policy itself sucks. I was pretty excited to go to the MSU game and the USD game, and honestly, I think I'll probably stay home now.

Glad the Jacks won, though.
                          Yeah, this policy does suck. I do get why they implemented it, but it is annoying at times. I found this out during the first game where we had our 3 month old baby, forgot something he needed in the car, went to go back and get it and they told me that there is absolutely no re-entry, even though I was holding a screaming baby in my arms and obviously wasn't leaving to go out and chug a few drinks during halftime. Not a big deal now that I know, because we make extra sure that we bring everything.

Comment

Rant: Hobo Day Parade was lacking downtown this year with several Lulls some 10Min or more. One band was baby stepping backing up the whole parade. took away from a normally fantastic event.

Comment

There were a few politicians, real and pretend. A couple floats featured fake Don and fake Hillary. Paula Hawks, candidate for US House is pictured below.

Lots of high school bands.

A tractor or two.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Correct. Thank you.

The only reason it was surprising to me is because I remember Hobo Day as a student being 110% packed in our section plus another 1,000 students on the south end of the field along the fence. I realize the new student section is bigger but it was fuller for the first two home games of the year forsure.
                                Agreed. I have a feeling the whole alcohol policy probably kept some students away. No matter where you sit on the policy, it's probably going to have some effect on student attendance. That's the only reason I could see students not attending, and just partying all day at their houses instead of taking a break to go to the game. I'm sure some will say "well, if that's the only reason they come to the game, then we don't want them to come anyway." I think there needs to be a happy medium and I think the University will find it going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X