Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    No. I admit when I watched the second half it looked like Christion had good time and they did create running lanes. However, a good to great O-Line can get you two yards on 4th & goal. Not saying they are bad, but they need to be better in short yardage.
    Jesus. We put up over 520 yards. Rushed for over 200 against a team that gives up 85/game. But the O line is barely making it. How about all the 4th and goals that were pass plays. I suppose they should carry the ball and hand it to the receiver as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

No. I admit when I watched the second half it looked like Christion had good time and they did create running lanes. However, a good to great O-Line can get you two yards on 4th & goal. Not saying they are bad, but they need to be better in short yardage.
      Well, to be fair we have no idea what would happen if they elected to run on fourth and goal from the two as they never ran it.

Comment

Jake Wieneke is about to talk about beating NDSU with Paul Allen of KFAN out of the Twin Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
          Jake Wieneke is about to talk about beating NDSU with Paul Allen of KFAN out of the Twin Cities.
          Great interview. Jake is a class act! The one thing I heard that I loved is he said he is definitely coming back for his senior year, to graduate and get his teaching degree. Also said that playing in the NFL is his lifelong dream.

Just love having this kid on our team.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I know others complained in others threads about how sdsu never has a new wrinkle against ndsu. During the game I couldn't understand why people were complaining about tc running so many plays. Maybe I missed it but it seemed very effective. All he hs ran this year was zone option read. This was a new look and ndsu was not ready for it. It's a nice option we have now. That teams have to prepare for. A few times a game now and it's a huge weapon. Think how much more open the passing game can be if they are worried tc will run it. The going for it was great. But really stig should have ran it the first time for sure. Line up under center. That like football 101. I was actually hoping to see something like the wildcat look and run a Florida Tebow fake run and just peel the tight end over the top.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I know others complained in others threads about how sdsu never has a new wrinkle against ndsu. During the game I couldn't understand why people were complaining about tc running so many plays. Maybe I missed it but it seemed very effective. All he hs ran this year was zone option read. This was a new look and ndsu was not ready for it. It's a nice option we have now. That teams have to prepare for. A few times a game now and it's a huge weapon. Think how much more open the passing game can be if they are worried tc will run it. The going for it was great. But really stig should have ran it the first time for sure. Line up under center. That like football 101. I was actually hoping to see something like the wildcat look and run a Florida Tebow fake run and just peel the tight end over the top.
              I wonder if they kept Christion from running as much earlier in the season so the Bison would maybe think we was banged up. I know I though that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Well, to be fair we have no idea what would happen if they elected to run on fourth and goal from the two as they never ran it.
                Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't get to watch the first half as I was otherwise occupied. I have to be honest, I didn't know what play calls they ran or even how many times that had gone for it on 4th until I read Zimmer's article yesterday. I retract my statement about them needing to be able to get 2 yards on 4th & goal if they didn't run for it.

Comment

You know what's really crazy? If Jake drops the routine TD pass with 1 second left, we would be hearing many of the same complaints now. Crazy how thin the line is between good coaching and bad coaching.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Did we do a single play under center?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                      Did we do a single play under center?

Victory formation on the conversion after the game winner.

Comment

My thoughts too. Keep him healthy. But this didn't seem to lead to as many hits as the zone option read. Still don't want him running a lot. Other qbs in the league that are runners are getting pretty banged up.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

You don't think we can execute a qb keeper under center? There are a lot that go in to plays being able to work. But something like that should be in every teams PlayBook. As ndsu showed its hard to stop.

Comment

I was really happy to see him minimizing contact. Getting out of bounds and sliding to protect himself. He took what was given and then got down.

Comment

Victory formation on the conversion after the game winner.
                              That was definitely a new wrinkle

Comment

One thing I didn't see mentioned was the final TD pass to Jake. This was set up throughout the game. We ran at least two fades. They lineup with single coverage on Jake and TC throws a back shoulder throw. NDSU had to respect the fade so that opened the back shoulder throw. That's a pretty damn good call by our coaching staff. I'll give credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X