Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    Wow. 100% a touchdown.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yes, that is clearly a catch. What is the point of having replay if you don't overturn that call? The replay official should be reprimanded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I might be wrong but that video was from the Jackrabbit video crew and was not available to the reply both. The guys on TV said that the replay crew had access to the same video that they showed on TV and that video was not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          Yes, that is clearly a catch. What is the point of having replay if you don't overturn that call? The replay official should be reprimanded.

Two questions:

1). How the heck can the back judge rule it incomplete (although it appeared he looked up/away from the play after throwing the flag for targeting) given his angle?
          2). Did anyone else catch the game commentator mention that he recognized the one replay official from the past two games?

First, it seems counterproductive not to reassign new replay officials each week, as doing otherwise could increase the chance of bias or influencing calls [the commentators also said that replay officials lauded the NDSU camera angles because they made their jobs easier (perhaps that's the case if their job is to "job" visiting teams' obvious TDs)]. Second, in this age of social media, it seems unwise to show the replay officials and make them subject to threats and reprisals if/when a "wronged" team's fans recognize the replay official.

I guess the Bison fans can now either say that Matt Holland's video is doctored, or they can show some sportsmanship and realize that they have nothing to whine about when it comes to Wieneke's phantom "push off" on the winning TD because it never should have come down to that final play by the Jacks' offense (not counting the kneel down on the 2pt conversion). Lastly, Matt Holland's video seems to support picking up the flag for targeting.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

How about the ref in the video,clear open view of the play,nothing obstructing his view,right in front of him. This shouldn't happen,it cast a shadow on all sports about the validity of the calls and should be investigated.It's an obvious TD even a 3rd grader could call correctly.Look closely at the defensive players reaction,even he knew it was a touchdown( #21).Also ,#3 of the Bison dives to try and knock the ball loose when he realizes that it came right back down right on top of Dallas and he re-caught it.The ref couldn't of had a better view of all this,if he was truly looking like he's supposed to.He seemed to be more focused on the phantom spearing call than the most important call,was it a touchdown or was it not.Incompetence,....it should have never went to replay in the first place when the ref was in perfect position to make the correct call.

Yea,I know we won the game anyway,and it really doesn't matter all that much now,but I still hate to see this kind of incompetence displayed by this call,it shoudn't happen.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-16-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              The sun is coming up west of Fargo. We feel their pain. That was a very talent group we beat yesterday. When you have several offensive options, the Bison D is found guessing which happened yesterday. Good job coaching staff.
              Huh, maybe SDSU's win up there IS bigger deal than we think.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That was a ridiculously bad call that nullified the Goedert TD catch. College football should hold accountable the officials who called, reviewed and upheld the incompletion call. That could have cost the Jacks the game.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  That was a ridiculously bad call that nullified the Goedert TD catch. College football should hold accountable the officials who called, reviewed and upheld the incompletion call. That could have cost the Jacks the game.
                  Nothing the review people could have done to reverse it. Guy on the field messed up big time, though.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                    I might be wrong but that video was from the Jackrabbit video crew and was not available to the reply both. The guys on TV said that the replay crew had access to the same video that they showed on TV and that video was not one of them.
                    Yeah, the video had nothing to do with the TV cameras so had nothing to do with the replay booth. The way I saw the replays, the ball never touched the ground at any point so should have been called a touchdown, but what do I know? The point of me sharing it was to show that it truly was a touchdown and how badly the ref blew that call that happened right in front of him. Also, just a good video to have if he wants to ref in the post-season.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Agree with this. Based on the video they were showing on the TV broadcast there was not a clear view of if the ball bounced off his pads or ground. So no conclusive video to overturn it.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Nothing the review people could have done to reverse it. Guy on the field messed up big time, though.
                        This. Im not sure if people dont understand how replay works but the call on the field is important. There has to be conclusive evidence against the call to overturn the on field call. The key word is conclusive...it has to be 100% clear. On the Goedert TD you couldnt see where the ball hit when it popped into the air. Could have hit Goedert could have hit the ground....the replay official was left to guess thus couldnt overturn.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Stop already. We just beat the Bison in Fargo. Lighten up.
                          Exactly why I rarely post here anymore.

IMG_0194.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't read all of this, but can we stop saying our O line is mediocre? Please?

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              This. Im not sure if people dont understand how replay works but the call on the field is important. There has to be conclusive evidence against the call to overturn the on field call. The key word is conclusive...it has to be 100% clear. On the Goedert TD you couldnt see where the ball hit when it popped into the air. Could have hit Goedert could have hit the ground....the replay official was left to guess thus couldnt overturn.
                              The back judge took his eye off the play to throw a flag. He managed to be wrong twice on the same play: Once on the penalty and a second time on the incomplete pass. Pretty bad.

On the replay, if you want to blame somebody, blame the lousy KVLY production crew. The replay official can only base his calls on the video he has access to. KVLY's cameraman from the back corner of the end zone somehow managed not to have Goedert in the frame. Pretty bad.

Bison fans are griping about the poor quality of their home game productions, and I'd have to agree. MidcoSN does a MUCH better job.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                The back judge took his eye off the play to throw a flag. He managed to be wrong twice on the same play: Once on the penalty and a second time on the incomplete pass. Pretty bad.

On the replay, if you want to blame somebody, blame the lousy KVLY production crew. The replay official can only base his calls on the video he has access to. KVLY's cameraman from the back corner of the end zone somehow managed not to have Goedert in the frame. Pretty bad.

Bison fans are griping about the poor quality of their home game productions, and I'd have to agree. MidcoSN does a MUCH better job.
                                I agree the camera work sucked but the announcers were decent. They were complimentary and knowledgeable about the Jacks. I expected incredible homerism but it just wasnt there.

Note I'm comparing the quality of the announcers to the other ESPN3 crews we typically get.

Comment

Working...
                                X