GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ NDSU for the Marker!

USA Today / Sagarin computer rankings of the 253 Division 1 football programs and now including 10/15/16 games, lists NDSU as the highest ranked FCS team at #53 (47 last week). The Jackrabbits are the next FCS team in the rankings, coming in at 82 (78 last week). Here are the MVFC teams:

53 NDSU
    82 SDSU
    87 Youngstown
    91 UNI
    127 Western Illinois
    129 Illinois State
    138 Southern Illinois
    145 USD
    166 Missouri State
    176 Indiana State

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Huh, maybe SDSU's win up there IS bigger deal than we think.
      To me who has watched the Jacks since the 1950's its big, big, time.. After a few years of following through the Sunday papers and being within driving distance in 1986, and seeing the underfunded years of Wayne Haensel, and then the up lift of Mike Daly and Coach Stig, we just never seemed to be a match to NDSU. With those five rings that they have to show off, they began to look invincible. The thrill of watching Dallas Goehert carry three defenders for five yards was something that I could only dream about. It happened yesterday. I visited with a UND grad today who told me the game looked to him to be a blow out if SDSU scored all three of those goal line stands. We did not discuss the Incomplete pass, but I think there would have been a margin of victory had we had that call reversed and scored on the other three plays.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        USA Today / Sagarin computer rankings of the 253 Division 1 football programs and now including 10/15/16 games, lists NDSU as the highest ranked FCS team at #53 (47 last week). The Jackrabbits are the next FCS team in the rankings, coming in at 82 (78 last week). Here are the MVFC teams:

53 NDSU
        82 SDSU
        87 Youngstown
        91 UNI
        127 Western Illinois
        129 Illinois State
        138 Southern Illinois
        145 USD
        166 Missouri State
        176 Indiana State

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
        The Sagarin FCS only ratings have the Bison and Jacks 1-2, Eastern Washington 3 and Youngstown and UNI at 4 and 5.

Comment

Anyone have a clue why the reply of this game isn't on ESPN3?? I'm guessing it has something to do with that dogcrap TV production up there.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Anyone have a clue why the reply of this game isn't on ESPN3?? I'm guessing it has something to do with that dogcrap TV production up there.
            It is still there. You have to scroll down to 3:30 et
            http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index#...port/football/

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
              It is still there. You have to scroll down to 3:30 et
              http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index#...port/football/
              Thanks...can't "load more" on my Amazon fire stick. But got it up on the IPad.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I might be a little giddy yet,but the Jacks seem to have a overpowering,unrelenting ,stifling offensive juggernaut of an offense that puts tremendous pressure on the opposing defense just about every snap they take all game long.They simply wear down the opposing defense.The Defense is starting to find an Identity and showing signs of being a force to reckon with particularly at key,crucial points in the game.These two units together have me feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  The back judge took his eye off the play to throw a flag. He managed to be wrong twice on the same play: Once on the penalty and a second time on the incomplete pass. Pretty bad.

On the replay, if you want to blame somebody, blame the lousy KVLY production crew. The replay official can only base his calls on the video he has access to. KVLY's cameraman from the back corner of the end zone somehow managed not to have Goedert in the frame. Pretty bad.

Bison fans are griping about the poor quality of their home game productions, and I'd have to agree. MidcoSN does a MUCH better job.
                  He must be infatuated,perhaps mezmerized by watching his pretty hanky than watching what's really important.Godderts been known now to be a guy very focussed on the ball and has been known to do this kind of stuff,you'd think they'd learn to watch the play the whole way,then throw a flag,who cares if it's a little bit late,.....and you don't have to watch it,just chuck it,there are eough people watching it,it won't get lost...lol

Went back and watched it again,he saw everything,the ball bouncing off the shoulder and the catch at the end.....no explanation as to why he called it incomplete.Just didn't register in his mind it was a TD and not an incomplete pass...that's scary that ref's can be that bad.

Comment

Our offense continues to throw the 300+ yards per game, definitely not used to seeing that but it's fun to watch. Did anyone else see the Youngstown stats that only threw for 25 yards against UNI talk about night and day difference in teams
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      This. Im not sure if people dont understand how replay works but the call on the field is important. There has to be conclusive evidence against the call to overturn the on field call. The key word is conclusive...it has to be 100% clear. On the Goedert TD you couldnt see where the ball hit when it popped into the air. Could have hit Goedert could have hit the ground....the replay official was left to guess thus couldnt overturn.
                      Yep. Given the replay angles available they couldnt overturn the call. The same would've been true had the ball hit the ground and they called td.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Bison just got lucky on that play,incompetent ref,no ability to over turn,they just got lucky....period.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Yep. Given the replay angles available they couldnt overturn the call. The same would've been true had the ball hit the ground and they called td.
                          Fact. Really glad that didnt come back to bite us.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            The Bison just got lucky on that play,incompetent ref,no ability to over turn,they just got lucky....period.
                            Luck happens and we won. I personally vote we just let that play die. We still won and it doesn't matter a bit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Luck happens and we won. I personally vote we just let that play die. We still won and it doesn't matter a bit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I would agree. We got 19 they got 17.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                He must be infatuated,perhaps mezmerized by watching his pretty hanky than watching what's really important.Godderts been known now to be a guy very focussed on the ball and has been known to do this kind of stuff,you'd think they'd learn to watch the play the whole way,then throw a flag,who cares if it's a little bit late,.....and you don't have to watch it,just chuck it,there are eough people watching it,it won't get lost...lol

Went back and watched it again,he saw everything,the ball bouncing off the shoulder and the catch at the end.....no explanation as to why he called it incomplete.Just didn't register in his mind it was a TD and not an incomplete pass...that's scary that ref's can be that bad.
                                First of all, the back judge blew it. It happens. Refs are prone to making mistakes just like players and coaches. Perfect games by any of those involved in a game rarely happen. However, this was a perfect storm for the back judge. His first mistake was that he thought he saw a targeting and everything unraveled from there.

I'm in my 28th season as an official and I still have situations unravel in front of me. What worked against him was that he saw something that wasn't really there. When you throw a flag, it is important to get the number of the player whom you call the foul on. That led him to take his eyes off of the ball while Goddert was going down. The third strike against him was that there was no available good angle on the replay to correct his error. Yes he blew it, but I have a hard time calling him incompetent based off of this one play. Yes, he made two mistakes on one play, but based on this angle, he was in the right position to make the call, which, tells me more about his competency.

We have the benefit of seeing things from a great angle in slow motion. He had a lot of activity happening all at once, and ended up blowing a big call at an important time, in one of the biggest games of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X