X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Wasn't it you that was sponsored by PBR for awhile? hahaha

My favorite north of the softball field student tailgate story is when a student got on top of an old crappy camper used for tailgating and was waiving a US flag. UPD came and told him to get down but he refused and started dancing around. Eventually he lost his balance, stepped on the bathroom vent window and fell through into the camper. Absolutely hilarious to watch!
    One of the guys I tailgated with had an uncle that was a PBR rep and came tailgating with us once for one of the games we didn't body paint for. We were handing out a bunch of PBR stuff at that tailgate.

Comment

My favorite north of the softball field student tailgate story is when a student got on top of an old crappy camper used for tailgating and was waiving a US flag. UPD came and told him to get down but he refused and started dancing around. Eventually he lost his balance, stepped on the bathroom vent window and fell through into the camper. Absolutely hilarious to watch!
      Ha, yes it was. I witnessed that as well. I agree with the sentiment of having the back area for the students, it worked really well, because they still felt like they were a part of the whole tailgating area, but they were away from the people that don't want them around. Unfortunately that's all parking now. Ideally the parking area that's there now could turn into tailgating and we could bring all of the tailgating activities that are way spread out now into one main area. Leave the far back North end for the students, loosely police it as they have done in the past (Only bother people that are causing problems, not carding everyone).

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Ha, yes it was. I witnessed that as well. I agree with the sentiment of having the back area for the students, it worked really well, because they still felt like they were a part of the whole tailgating area, but they were away from the people that don't want them around. Unfortunately that's all parking now. Ideally the parking area that's there now could turn into tailgating and we could bring all of the tailgating activities that are way spread out now into one main area. Leave the far back North end for the students, loosely police it as they have done in the past (Only bother people that are causing problems, not carding everyone).
        We moved to the area just north of the H.M.Briggs the "Dome Natzi's" allow us to bring in a small travel trailer and pay for the extra spot it uses. (and by that I think they are being pretty cool) we ended up tailgating with the folks we used to sit with which has only increased our tailgating experience. Oh and we now shade and grass that we didn't have last year. I miss the back yard atmosphere with everybody in once place, but what we have now is great in its own way. And for the record I wasn't a fan of the rule changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          The club room food leaves a lot to be desired and I mean a lot. Where are you guys located now?
          jonesy and I are in 205C. 5th row. About the 35 yard line or so
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Cubbys sponsored our RV and tailgate for 2 years in college. Amazing times.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              If you feel like your tailgate experience is lacking, I recommend coming to the west lot directly west of the IPF and tailgate with our group. No one bothers us and we have a great turnout every weekend. Hobo Day will be a riot. I swear if people are giving you trouble, your'e tailgating in the wrong area. All are welcome.

SDSU's tailgating scene is getting a lot bigger than the backyard. I recommend those kids that are having trouble branch out.
              IPF??? I'm lost and I thought I was pretty good with SDSU's campus acronyms!?!

Comment

• Tailgating

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                IPF??? I'm lost and I thought I was pretty good with SDSU's campus acronyms!?!
                I'm gunna go with Indoor Practice Facility

But I'm wrong a lot though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Has anyone seen this?

https://www.change.org/p/south-dakot...ailgating-2016

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    Again, I know something needed to be done, but it isn't working. I don't blame the students at all for being upset.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I saw it. I feel like they could have presented a better argument than focusing solely on underage drinking. Although it was probably made by an underage college student, and if I put myself back in those shoes, I would have said the same thing likely.

Comment

A petition to allow underage drinking, that ought to do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I'm not sure they could have presented a worse argument?!?
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Nothing like putting the Governor in the hot seat. I can't imagine the governor bucking the admin on this one. The petition will go no where. IRC Thee Cat Rabbit said he spoke to an admin person and was told that insurance providers had a voice in these changes. I know I don't tailgate, but thought I would excercise the right to express an opinion on this topic.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 10-13-2016, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Some of the comments in the petition are classic. I think my favorites so far are "this is why we lose to NDSU every year", "I'll transfer if it doesn't get changed", and "I'm signing because I can't throw beer without being reprimanded". That's some good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Again, I know something needed to be done, but it isn't working. I don't blame the students at all for being upset.
                                Not sure how you define not working. It's asinine and embarrassing if you ask me.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X