Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Getting Rick Rolled would have been better then reading that.
    You think that was bad... Check out this article. It seems like he's just prodding SDSU fans so he can get some recognition.

http://espn991.com/south-dakota-state-university-should-they-fire-stig/

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      You think that was bad... Check out this article. It seems like he's just prodding SDSU fans so he can get some recognition.

Welp, I'm embarrassed now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

He is a current SDSU student?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Apparently he reads this board when He's bored and likest to stir the pot. Find out what his Handle is and ban that SOB.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Apparently he reads this board when He's bored and likest to stir the pot. Find out what his Handle is and ban that SOB.
            It is not me

Comment

SDSU tailgating basically became USD like student wise outside of big games which is well.... not good
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

One thing I noticed at tailgating is the empty spots. I have a small spot and there are 2 empty large lots that are empty, havnt seen anyone use them all year and I know there are people on waiting list. Good for the kids to play FB though
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                  One thing I noticed at tailgating is the empty spots. I have a small spot and there are 2 empty large lots that are empty, havnt seen anyone use them all year and I know there are people on waiting list. Good for the kids to play FB though
                  Wells Fargo has a spot right next to ours for the last few years. They only use it maybe 1 or 2 games a year. Like you said kids play Football in it the other 4 games.

Comment

It seems there is some kind of student effort to boycott football games, because underage students are not being allowed to drink in the tailgate area. I'm not sure what the university is supposed to do. Not sure how many are real football dedicated fans within that group as good half of the student crowd is leaving at halftime anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      SDSU tailgating basically became USD like student wise outside of big games which is well.... not good
                      I'm not sure I would say that. There are absolutely no issues tailgating at USD other than some spots east of the Dome are taken but the people for whatever reason don't show up, but that forces many fans that would like to be there to go west of the Dome to tailgate. That's upsetting to them, and I get it, but other than that, we don't have any issues.

i talked to some of your students the past couple of weeks and the refer to your current situation as "nazi like". Two years ago your campus police jumped all over me for having a glass of what they thought was booze outside the lines. Good lord, what a Debbie Downer place to tailgate.

What I don't get is you have this new stadium, a ton of momentum, and literally seem like you are doing everything in your power to have no fun. Your administration better figure out college Gameday Saturday is an event these days, not just a game. I understand there has to be respect for all, but everything I'm hearing from kids and fans alike are it isn't any fun, at least not what it could be. Chill out a little bit, and don't have so many rules and people enforcing dumb rules. Hell, I want to tailgate the 12th of November myself without going to jail. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        I'm not sure I would say that. There are absolutely no issues tailgating at USD other than some spots east of the Dome are taken but the people for whatever reason don't show up, but that forces many fans that would like to be there to go west of the Dome to tailgate. That's upsetting to them, and I get it, but other than that, we don't have any issues.

i talked to some of your students the past couple of weeks and the refer to your current situation as "nazi like". Two years ago your campus police jumped all over me for having a glass of what they thought was booze outside the lines. Good lord, what a Debbie Downer place to tailgate.

What I don't get is you have this new stadium, a ton of momentum, and literally seem like you are doing everything in your power to have no fun. Your administration better figure out college Gameday Saturday is an event these days, not just a game. I understand there has to be respect for all, but everything I'm hearing from kids and fans alike are it isn't any fun, at least not what it could be. Chill out a little bit, and don't have so many rules and people enforcing dumb rules. Hell, I want to tailgate the 12th of November myself without going to jail. Lol
                        When I tailgate at USD, there is no problems. My point was student turnout. But yes, the administration and UPD clearly went too far.

Personally, I would want them to serve beer in the stadium too
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Tailgating

Thank you.

If you do manage to wade through this whole thread, you'll see why the atmosphere is the way it is. Hell, half our fans on here fully support harsh crack downs on things, not surprising the administration goes that way, considering those on a message board are likely among the most rabid of the fanbase. And if the most rabid are like that, yikes....

I personally swung by the NDSU tailgate this past weekend when I had some time off. Guess how many cops I saw anywhere around the tailgate? Zero. Not a single one. And somehow they manage without hounding people about glass bottles and showing IDs. It's a miracle anyone survives I swear.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post

Thank you.

If you do manage to wade through this whole thread, you'll see why the atmosphere is the way it is. Hell, half our fans on here fully support harsh crack downs on things, not surprising the administration goes that way, considering those on a message board are likely among the most rabid of the fanbase. And if the most rabid are like that, yikes....

I personally swung by the NDSU tailgate this past weekend when I had some time off. Guess how many cops I saw anywhere around the tailgate? Zero. Not a single one. And somehow they manage without hounding people about glass bottles and showing IDs. It's a miracle anyone survives I swear.

8ae.jpg 7ac.jpg

Comment

Comment

Thank you. Many on here don't understand this. It's not just a game. It's an event. I don't blame the students one bit.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X