Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

SO, I read the following as Season ticket holders regardless of jackrabbit club status are allowed in the blue lots. "The BLUE LOTS are paved, priority parking-only lots that include tailgating. Only season-ticket holders, qualifyingmembers of the Jackrabbit Club. Parking spaces within either Blue Lot are available on a first-come, first-served basis.Blocking or saving spaces is prohibited. Tailgating is allowed."

I'm thinking they did not mean it that way, but that is how it is written. I think they meant to write (Only season-ticket holders who are qualifying members of the Jackrabbit Club)

Not like they would mess this up like the ticket snafu where I was not allowed to purchase tickets in section 116.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Sign,sign,everywhere a sign.....

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Although it was posted earlier I missed where it said "Spots are only sold on a season basis, however if spots remain in theReserved Tailgate Gravel Lot 1 hour prior to kickoff, single spots will be sold to General Public for $5 per spot."
        The contention I have here is that 1. we are not going to tailgate for just one hour. 2. This is just another thorn in our side after how we were treated with the ticket Snafu that they created.(Essentially a bait in switch) 3.) I was told specifically I would be allowed to tailgate exactly as I had last year WITHOUT QUESTION! but if I have to wait until the Backyard residents mozy their cars into that area there is no way I can setup cook Eat and enjoy tailgating, Likely I couldn't even pick 2 of those. I think they will be getting another call from me tmw as I need an explanation of how what I was promised is going to transpire.

That being said if they want to charge me for a "reserved" Gravel Spot I'd be open to a reasonable sum.
        I'm still reserving some of my anger. But this is going to break up the community of tailgates that was burgeoning last year. Which is sad really.
        Cracked open Oxford. Bing did not reference Funk and Wagnalls for the definition of burgeoning and here is what I found.

Burgeoning: begin to grow or increase rapidly; flourish:

"manufacturers are keen to cash in on the burgeoning demand"

synonyms: flourish · thrive · prosper · improve · develop · expand ·
        [more]

A spot on word indeed! Rep pts given.

•put forth young shoots; bud.

Comment

Today's conversation:

Me to kids: "Think of some snacks and stuff you want to eat tomorrow"
          9 year old: "What are you cooking?"
          Me: "Nothing really, it's just a little difficult to get all the stuff we need into our lot. We'll coordinate for next week."
          9 year old: "We're not tailgating!!"
          Me: "Yes we are, but they will only let us park one vehicle in the lot now. It's just easier this week to bring snacks and then eat inside."
          9 year old: "Well....that's just dumb."

See, even he gets it.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Today's conversation:

Me: "Nothing really, it's just a little difficult to get all the stuff we need into our lot. We'll coordinate for next week."
            Me: "Yes we are, but they will only let us park one vehicle in the lot now. It's just easier this week to bring snacks and then eat inside."

See, even he gets it.
            I get the sense you're not happy with the changes in tailgating policy? Is that correct? My suggestion, its just a suggestion, make the best of it. Set up at the rear of you vehicle and enjoy a beautiful afternoon. Mingle with other tailgaters and if you're so inclined head over to the alumni tent for some complimentary food and beverages. There will be games for the kids.

If you really want to visit the backyard stop by the Yankton groups tailgate spot. I'm not very friendly but most of our group is. I'm sure they will welcome you.

Going to be another great day to be a Jackrabbit tomorrow.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Today's conversation:

See, even he gets it.
              They are suppose to have golf carts assisting people and their stuff get to their spots from the gravel lot. If that helps you out at all.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                They are suppose to have golf carts assisting people and their stuff get to their spots from the gravel lot. If that helps you out at all.
                Noted I will pass that on to the rest of the group. Like I said we are taking things light this week just to get a feel for what the hell is going on. Also my wife has the SUV for work matters tomorrow, so another reason we won't be able to get all of my equipment in. It was just best to scrap it for this week less stress for an already stressful situation. I will support the new digs by purchasing a burger or pizza. Will those golf carts be allowed to drive everything back after 4 do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I get the sense you're not happy with the changes in tailgating policy? Is that correct? My suggestion, its just a suggestion, make the best of it. Set up at the rear of you vehicle and enjoy a beautiful afternoon. Mingle with other tailgaters and if you're so inclined head over to the alumni tent for some complimentary food and beverages. There will be games for the kids.

If you really want to visit the backyard stop by the Yankton groups tailgate spot. I'm not very friendly but most of our group is. I'm sure they will welcome you.

Going to be another great day to be a Jackrabbit tomorrow.
                  Thanks for the invite. I barely leave my lot because I am usually the one setting up and monitoring the kids, and I very much enjoy just having a nice time people watching, I also don't like to leave because friends and former classmates drop by continually. I am trying to figure out what to do with all the big empty space now in our lot. Laser tag?

Comment

Thanks for the invite. I barely leave my lot because I am usually the one setting up and monitoring the kids, and I very much enjoy just having a nice time people watching, I also don't like to leave because friends and former classmates drop by continually. I am trying to figure out what to do with all the big empty space now in our lot. Laser tag?
                    So, We were going to have an RV this year (well trailer really) but now the member of our group who bought it for tailgating is very upset as is understandable. He also doesn't want to park over by the dairy bar in order to use the camper.

Comment

So, We were going to have an RV this year (well trailer really) but now the member of our group who bought it for tailgating is very upset as is understandable. He also doesn't want to park over by the dairy bar in order to use the camper.
                      That would be a kick in the nuts. I almost bought a "party bus" for tailgating and would not have been happy being relegated to the RV lot.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

So no campers/trailers/RV's are allowed in a Backyard Lot? Did I miss that rule?

On a side note did anybody not get there Junior Jacks tshirts?

Comment

Just came from the tailgate lot and people are setting up. We have a camper trailer setup in ours as do other people. So I guess we will see what happens. There is standing water in parts of it so I wouldn't recommend brand new white sneakers as your footwear choice.

Comment

On a side note did anybody not get there Junior Jacks tshirts?
                            Can you still fit into one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                              Just came from the tailgate lot and people are setting up. We have a camper trailer setup in ours as do other people. So I guess we will see what happens. There is standing water in parts of it so I wouldn't recommend brand new white sneakers as your footwear choice.
                              I think the reserved lots are different from the general tailgating lots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tailgating was great! I was impressed by the number of tailgaters in other lots. New alumni area was very nice and appeared to have a good crowd. Only negative... UPD walked through the student lot an hour or so into tailgating and id'd everyone. Most students left. Glad they came back for the game.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X