Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    You and Thumper and everyone else are on the forum are always welcome at the Yankton site. You start throwing full beer cans around we are going to have a problem though. Last year our location and several others were overcome by a mob of intoxicated and violent idiots. That can't happen ever again.

Not only did It happen once, it happened twice and we had personal property damaged in each instance. It could have been much worse and if something had not been done I am certain it would have been worse.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      But if I understood him right, Justin Sell told m there is nothing to "the one car per tailgate spot" claim. He said they don't have a problem with multiple cars in a tailgate spot, but all cars must be in spot a certain time (wish I could remember the time frame) as they are going to stop cars entering (driving in and through) the tailgate area at a set time, because they don't want cars moving through while people are walking around the tailgate area.
      So....you more than likely misunderstood him....or the AD doesn't even know the rules. Its one vehicle per lot. It's on a sheet of paper I received stating the rules
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I am fine with starting to move tailgating to the parking lots, but they are going to have to make the parking lots more conducive to tailgating. People want room to set up food and games and spots for people to hang out. The days of literally using a tailgate as a spot to congregate are long gone. I think they should do it like Nebraska does, where there are specific parking lots designated for tailgating, where you can reserve 3, 4, 5, however many spots are necessary. Some people have really nice setups with RVs and trailers, and it just won't work in a normal parking lot setting.

Comment

Talking about tailgating has anyone received their packet of tailgate parking passes?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Talking about tailgating has anyone received their packet of tailgate parking passes?
            Should only be ONE parking pass right?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Should only be ONE parking pass right?
              Good one. You still get 5 passes but they are asking that you limit it to one vehicle on the tailgate site. The others will be permitted to park in the lot just to the north......

I don't think we have gotten ours yet. They aren't mailed to me though.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I find it disturbing that the GoJacks.com tailgate information page is still blank. I have emailed Mr. Sell and told him as such.
                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                  I find it disturbing that the GoJacks.com tailgate information page is still blank. I have emailed Mr. Sell and told him as such.
                  Word. It's so you have to carry a printed set of rules to bother admin in public instead of bringing it up on your phone to prove a point. No sign of our passes here either.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Anyone know when we will get our tailgating info? Game day is only a few days away, cutting it close
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                      Anyone know when we will get our tailgating info? Game day is only a few days away, cutting it close
                      Nope, much like the tickets, this is a mess! I feel bad for the staff.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Mine arrived today.

This is a tough situation. I give the AD credit for making some big changes. No doubt some will be rubbed the wrong way but if it leads to a good tailgating environment then all is good. Too much on the line to not have do something big.

I hope the fans are reasonably patient and give this a chance. My goodness, think of the positive things going on right now.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Got info that tailgate packets went out today. YJC group is in the same spot. Hopefully we get the passes by Friday.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                            They are now posted.
                            http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...ng_Policy_.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Although it was posted earlier I missed where it said "Spots are only sold on a season basis, however if spots remain in theReserved Tailgate Gravel Lot 1 hour prior to kickoff, single spots will be sold to General Public for $5 per spot."
                              The contention I have here is that 1. we are not going to tailgate for just one hour. 2. This is just another thorn in our side after how we were treated with the ticket Snafu that they created.(Essentially a bait in switch) 3.) I was told specifically I would be allowed to tailgate exactly as I had last year WITHOUT QUESTION! but if I have to wait until the Backyard residents mozy their cars into that area there is no way I can setup cook Eat and enjoy tailgating, Likely I couldn't even pick 2 of those. I think they will be getting another call from me tmw as I need an explanation of how what I was promised is going to transpire.

That being said if they want to charge me for a "reserved" Gravel Spot I'd be open to a reasonable sum.
                              I'm still reserving some of my anger. But this is going to break up the community of tailgates that was burgeoning last year. Which is sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                I'm still reserving some of my anger. But this is going to break up the community of tailgates that was burgeoning last year....
                                You used "burgeoning" on a fan message board. Rep points for causing many to crack open their Funk and Wagnalls.

Comment

Working...
                                X