Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Police forces should not be used as crowd control, they should be used for law enforcement.
    This is where the wristbands should help. Easier to spot the lawbreakers. I really don't see the big issue with the rules changes. If they help solve the mob problems of last year, great. Those issues ruined the tailgating experience for many. IMHO, these new rules won't.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Riots aren't even possible anymore. Today's high schoolers just don't have it in them.
      And kids don't play with matches anymore, too many video games.

Comment

Multiple parking passes will be given but only one vehicle can remain at the site. Assuming he's correct, can't you drive in, drop your stuff off then park your car? Is that not a workable solution?
        Have you ever tailgated with multiple kids under the age of 5 before? What you say makes sense for a single guy who has a cooler and a jacket, but for a family of multiple people, just dropping stuff off and going to park somewhere else just doesn't work very well.

If you drop off all of your stuff and then move your car somewhere else, where are you supposed to pack everything back into when you are forced to leave for the game? Vehicles aren't allowed to enter once you get within two hours of game time.

It seems every year they make changes that makes it more and more difficult for families to enjoy a game.

I understand that changes need to be made, but I think those should be focused more on crowd control of drunk college kids rather than for the people that pay for the spots.

Comment

Riots aren't even possible anymore. Today's high schoolers just don't have it in them.
          Well, sure wasn't college kids on the frontpage tipping over KELO's car........
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacks-02;298662]Have you ever tailgated with multiple kids under the age of 5 before? What you say makes sense for a single guy who has a cooler and a jacket, but for a family of multiple people, just dropping stuff off and going to park somewhere else just doesn't work very well.

If you drop off all of your stuff and then move your car somewhere else, where are you supposed to pack everything back into when you are forced to leave for the game? Vehicles aren't allowed to enter once you get within two hours of game time.

QUOTE]

If you just have a good Hannah Montana attitude about it, isn't a problem. Kids can carry grills and tables. Make that part of the family event!
            "Isn't this fun kids!"
            "**** you Dad!"

Cherish the moments.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

REVISED POST: See posts 175 and 176 for the two-page "2016 Football Tailgate Policies (revised 07/25/16)".
              Last edited by JackJD; 08-11-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Having trouble getting the second page. Meanwhile, here's the map.

[IMG]

Comment

"No loitering in the reserved tailgate lot." LMAO...isn't that kinda what tailgating is all about?
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I think not allowing RVs or other large vehicles in other lots other than the one furthest from the stadium is a poor decision. Look at NDSU tailgates. That's the kind of atmosphere we need to aim for and tailgate "rigs" are part of it. RVs are also great tailgate setups, several people already own them and it could help expand our tailgating base. If they are only allowing one vehicle, why not make it a large one?

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      "No loitering in the reserved tailgate lot." LMAO...isn't that kinda what tailgating is all about?
                      Ha! Agreed! I'm a professional loiterer at tailgate. I stand around without doing anything productive. Usually for hours at a time.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                        I think not allowing RVs or other large vehicles in other lots other than the one furthest from the stadium is a poor decision. Look at NDSU tailgates. That's the kind of atmosphere we need to aim for and tailgate "rigs" are part of it. RVs are also great tailgate setups, several people already own them and it could help expand our tailgating base. If they are only allowing one vehicle, why not make it a large one?
                        You can have an RV if you have a tailgate spot. That would be considered your one vehicle. They are just not allowing RVs to park in the gravel area.

*that is what I thought somebody else had stated on here, but looking at the rules I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Ha! Agreed! I'm a professional loiterer at tailgate. I stand around without doing anything productive. Usually for hours at a time.
                          "All fans entering the reserved tailgate lot must have a spot they are invited to." Another L.O.L....
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            "All fans entering the reserved tailgate lot must have a spot they are invited to." Another L.O.L....
                            We tailgate in an RV in a priority lot next to the stadium. Does that mean we can't do that anymore? Going on six years of that with no problems and parking it out of everyone's way. I have a feeling if they say we have to go to the pink lot, we may have a mutiny.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              We tailgate in an RV in a priority lot next to the stadium. Does that mean we can't do that anymore? Going on six years of that with no problems and parking it out of everyone's way. I have a feeling if they say we have to go to the pink lot, we may have a mutiny.
                              Dont worry it's for the kids
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I have a feeling the yellow lot west of the stadium will be hilariously empty except for the 3 biggest games every year...

I will reserve final judgement until after the season, but at this point I'd rather have CAS back. That's just me though, I won't be hanging out with Dana in the First Premier suite.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X