X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Congrats to Seth, I don't fault a kid for making that jump. He would've been a great addition to the team but we move on. Disappointment is going to happen in the recruiting game as we become more successful, better facilities and we go for more upper tier athletes. We have a few great offers still out there that could still sign today or the coaches scour for the next month and a half.

Other than losing a few out of the verbals this class is shaping up quite nicely. So many of them physically are set to come in and compete or at least make the scout teams that much stronger. I don't believe we have any early enrollees for spring ball. So many of these kids have such a high ceiling...Kunz with really only one year of HS FB will come in roughly almost the same size as Dallas is leaving. Van Marel looks to be built like Earith already. Walhof is built like Soulek was coming in, get another 35-50 pounds on that frame and he'll be plugging holes too. Looking back at the 2013 recruiting list of commits and PWOs 2 of the best players SDSU has ever had aren't even on there in Goedert & Soulek. Heck Brady and Kane were PWOs. Every year these classes get more and more stacked but there are going to be diamonds in the rough that we find...or luck out with.

I don't know the number, if any will get a chance in the fall but we are building depth like we've never seen before. That was evidenced by the participation reports. I think we were consistently playing 50+ guys weekly. That is a huge difference between the 35ish guys we were playing in the past years.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Benson to IA per his Twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Iowa coaches must be blabbering in advance about Seth Benson's announcement. That figures.
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 12-21-2017, 10:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

These P5 programs do not always work out for everyone. I trust we leave an open door.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakPirate
    replied

Iowa just lost a "sure" JUCO linebacker to Nebraska this afternoon. This may have impacted Benson's decision to sign tomorrow. Iowa may have either put a little pressure on him or he may have seen an opportunity to sign now figuring he may have an opportunity to get on the field sooner. I know Will Farniok from the same high school is graduating tomorrow and heading to Lincoln Jan 5 to enroll and start spring practice. Maybe Benson will go the same route. Pure speculation. Hope I am 100% wrong and he will head to Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Iowa message board says Benson will choose Iowa in the morning. Obviously I’m not sure how credible that is.
    Stu is tweeting out its IA.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Iowa message board says Benson will choose Iowa in the morning. Obviously I’m not sure how credible that is.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

I’m wondering based on colleges giving athletes ultimatums for not signing in early period they wouldn’t guarantee a spot and wondering now if he got the ultimatum. I’m only speculating and could be way off.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    He has an official set for Iowa in January so I'm a little surprised he is announcing his decision tomorrow.
    Kids will verbal/sign to save their spot and then go on an official visit later. It’s not like Benson hasn’t been aware of Iowa. I’m sure they’ve been in contact.

Leave a comment:

• Sodakbull
    replied

I agree. If he hasn't taken the official trip to Iowa that was scheduled for January, does it mean we are still in play. That's assuming what I read in the media is actually correct

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I have no inside knowledge, but I haven't given up hope that Seth Benson will stick with the Jacks. There's nothing all that special about Iowa.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Where are you seeing this? I only ask because there is no mention of his announcement on his own Twitter account.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...yes/962479001/

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Benson coming to us is at a 3% chance in my opinion...1% for the family ties, 1% because Heins is signed and 1% that it's less than an hour from home...maybe 3.5% if we say his comfortability with the coaches is .5%...All that said if he comes here that will speak volumes of where we are heading.

The Argus announced that he is naming his choice Friday on their twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Benson announcing tomorrow where he is heading per twitter. Not expecting him to pick the Jacks but only saving grace may be comfort level with coaching staff hopefully, maybe or I’m possibly grasping at straws?
    Where are you seeing this? I only ask because there is no mention of his announcement on his own Twitter account.

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Benson announcing tomorrow where he is heading per twitter. Not expecting him to pick the Jacks but only saving grace may be comfort level with coaching staff hopefully, maybe or I’m possibly grasping at straws?
    He has an official set for Iowa in January so I'm a little surprised he is announcing his decision tomorrow.

“(The Iowa coaches) just want me to do what’s best for me,” said Benson, who has an official visit to Iowa scheduled for January. “We just have to make some decisions on what I want to do and make a timeline… I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision and not make it too quickly and regret it. I want to make a decision and be 100 percent into it.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X