replied
    Re: 2018 Recruiting List

Man.... **** Scott Frost.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Ouch...losing Johnson and potentially Seth Benson in the same night. Not great news for the future LB group.
    Boy it’s been a rough three day stretch....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    That is what I heard. Benson was behind their 1st choice, if that guy didn't sign he was going to get that spot.
    Didn't Iowa get spanked the last time it played an MVFC team?

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Joey Johnson, LB from Gretna, NE accepts walk on offer from Nebraska. He verballed to the Jacks this summer.
    Ouch...losing Johnson and potentially Seth Benson in the same night. Not great news for the future LB group.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Joey Johnson, LB from Gretna, NE accepts walk on offer from Nebraska. He verballed to the Jacks this summer.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Nice Q&A article from Cade Johnson’s dad about the recruiting process and Nebraska and the walk on program. https://t.co/zsW0Cloww8

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Yeah, the Bison have lost 3 to FBS programs this year too. I guess it just means we are recruiting the right type of players. Too bad though.
    I just saw on twitter Ronald Audette re-opened his recruitment. OL from Elk River MN recently got an offer from Oregon St b

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Yeah, the Bison have lost 3 to FBS programs this year too. I guess it just means we are recruiting the right type of players. Too bad though.
    Maybe they need to allow them to sign anytime that would help avoid these issues. would still need to give kids an out though if there was a change to happen, but if a kid commits, why not let them sign right away.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I don't know what he will choose, but just there is a strong connection to SDSU and can have family there, however not like them going to iowa would be far away. After the goofers poach Walker, now iowa, its a good problem to have but poaching players after they commit really grinds my gears. Even more so when SDSU does it.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    I would read this as one of their linebacker commits freed up a scholarship for Benson.
    That is what I heard. Benson was behind their 1st choice, if that guy didn't sign he was going to get that spot.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Benson out of SF Washington, just offered by Iowa per Twitter. Bummer.
    Iowa was one of the programs that I understood was going to pull offers from commits that didn't want to sign in the early period so they could take the rest of their visits. I would read this as one of their linebacker commits freed up a scholarship for Benson.

Here is an article on the early signing period: https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...aches-strategy

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

man do I hate it when programs try poaching kids after they commit. Any idea on his interest? his family is big SDSU so I think there is a chance he stays on board.
    Doubt he will not take it. Heard this weekend he was not going to sign at SDSU during early signing period because he was on Iowa's radar.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. Play in front of an average crowd of 13-14K or 70K. I know what 95% of 18 year olds would pick.
    I don't know what he will choose, but just there is a strong connection to SDSU and can have family there, however not like them going to iowa would be far away. After the goofers poach Walker, now iowa, its a good problem to have but poaching players after they commit really grinds my gears. Even more so when SDSU does it.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

man do I hate it when programs try poaching kids after they commit. Any idea on his interest? his family is big SDSU so I think there is a chance he stays on board.
    Don't get your hopes up. Play in front of an average crowd of 13-14K or 70K. I know what 95% of 18 year olds would pick.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Benson out of SF Washington, just offered by Iowa per Twitter. Bummer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X