2 more coaches gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 more coaches gone!

As my dad would say, "Let's end this Malarkey and move on"!!! Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      Thanks for the explanation. I am not up enough on posters here know these things...just getting tired of the lack of decency on messageboards. I understand smack talk, giving grief, etc...but it just seems that the trend has been mean-spirited attacks (not singling out here...messageboards in general). Bisonville is as bad as any now...
      Seems that indecency is the way of the world, now. Just check the comments of most any topic. Anonymity breeds boldness. The meanness on this board is nothing compared to most topics. Even walking around in Rochester, Mn.with my SDSU cap or shirt, occasionally, people will ask me if I went to San Diego State. Guess that shows the level of concern for SDSU vs, XXXX outside of that area. Maybe SDSU is peaked out for admissions, but they have no advertising in this area. We are swamped with NDSU ads on tv as well as billboards. Last time I was at Scheels, they didn't even have SDSU t-shirts. They had a whole kiosk for NDSU(300 miles) gear. UND even, UNI(110 miles), etc. In past they had one stack of plain SDSU t's. Talk about thread drift, two topics not related to subject.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
        Seems that indecency is the way of the world, now. Just check the comments of most any topic. Anonymity breeds boldness. The meanness on this board is nothing compared to most topics. Even walking around in Rochester, Mn.with my SDSU cap or shirt, occasionally, people will ask me if I went to San Diego State. Guess that shows the level of concern for SDSU vs, XXXX outside of that area. Maybe SDSU is peaked out for admissions, but they have no advertising in this area. We are swamped with NDSU ads on tv as well as billboards. Last time I was at Scheels, they didn't even have SDSU t-shirts. They had a whole kiosk for NDSU(300 miles) gear. UND even, UNI(110 miles), etc. In past they had one stack of plain SDSU t's. Talk about thread drift, two topics not related to subject.
        The first two sentences of your post have earned some positive rep pts, and your points about advertising are well taken. NDSU is starting to spend money with Mediacom, more thread drift, but I would not be surprised to loose some more assistants, and I said it before and will say again. An assistant job in football at SDSU is not a career but an entry level job.

Comment

Zim's article.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...taff/79010668/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            According to this article Christiansen left to pursue other opportunities. Later in the article it said he expressed interest in coaching at the HS level.

Makes me question the validity of the thread about his departure.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              According to this article Christiansen left to pursue other opportunities. Later in the article it said he expressed interest in coaching at the HS level.

Makes me question the validity of the thread about his departure.
              Agreed, it would be nice to have an outgoing quote from each guy but perhaps that's against policy. It can be construed many ways, that's the difficulty of a thread wild with rumors and speculation(no matter how well somebody knows someone's 3rd cousins girlfriends uncle in Tallahassee). Kinda shoots a hole in the law school theory unless that is part of the business plan. Maybe the HS coaching aspirations are there to throw us off track. Unfortunately like a tootsie pop and the quantity of licks to get to the center, "the world may never know"..........Unless the JR high coaches 4th grade sons Sunday school teacher posts something on Facebook.
              Last edited by Jackedforlife; 01-19-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                Agreed, it would be nice to have an outgoing quote from each guy but perhaps that's against policy. It can be construed many ways, that's the difficulty of a thread wild with rumors and speculation(no matter how well somebody knows someone's 3rd cousins girlfriends uncle in Tallahassee). Kinda shoots a hole in the law school theory unless that is part of the business plan. Maybe the HS coaching aspirations are there to throw us off track. Unfortunately like a tootsie pop and the quantity of licks to hit the center, "the world may never know"..........Unless the JR high coaches 4th grade sons Sunday school teacher posts something on Facebook.
                I think your suggestion about giving statements is absolutely stupid. I am sorry but it makes no sense. These guys got lives to live just like you and I and they are not obligated to say Jack8888 when they leave. As far as Flynn, I find KU Law Jack a relying source since he is an attorney and no doubt has gotten to know Flynn, and possibly Flynn came to him for advice about law school. I don't know and don't care to know. Law school just might be part of his business plan. Who knows? John Flynn has moved on.

Comment

Of course, peach pie is really good... especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    Of course, peach pie is really good... especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
                    Ala mode...let's do it. See you all on another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I think your suggestion about giving statements is absolutely stupid. I am sorry but it makes no sense. These guys got lives to live just like you and I and they are not obligated to say Jack8888 when they leave. As far as Flynn, I find KU Law Jack a relying source since he is an attorney and no doubt has gotten to know Flynn, and possibly Flynn came to him for advice about law school. I don't know and don't care to know. Law school just might be part of his business plan. Who knows? John Flynn has moved on.
                      "Absolutely stupid"? I'll give you somewhat ridiculous but not stupid, lighten up Francis(it's a quote I know your name isn't Francis). I'm not saying they HAVE to give a statement just that if they were willing it'd be nice. I guessing you've never heard a coach that's moved on to another coaching job or pursued other interests give a statement. Something like "I'd like to thank coach (insert name) and the whole (insert mascot name) family, this has been a great opportunity that has lead to me..." and so forth. I've heard it from plenty, even Jackrabbit coaches that have moved on. Perhaps if I find the time I'll try to dig up some quotes. Jay Bubak is one coach that comes to mind. Again it is the individuals prerogative to state, more of a curiosity from a fans perspective.

In in regards to Flynn, I believe I stated it could be part of the business plan.

Comment

"Absolutely stupid"? I'll give you somewhat ridiculous but not stupid, lighten up Francis(it's a quote I know your name isn't Francis). I'm not saying they HAVE to give a statement just that if they were willing it'd be nice. I guessing you've never heard a coach that's moved on to another coaching job or pursued other interests give a statement. Something like "I'd like to thank coach (insert name) and the whole (insert mascot name) family, this has been a great opportunity that has lead to me..." and so forth. I've heard it from plenty, even Jackrabbit coaches that have moved on. Perhaps if I find the time I'll try to dig up some quotes. Jay Bubak is one coach that comes to mind. Again it is the individuals prerogative to state, more of a curiosity from a fans perspective.

In in regards to Flynn, I believe I stated it could be part of the business plan.
                        Pie time

Comment

Pie time
                          Well we can agree on that today, unfortunately I'm unable to meet you at the valley for pie day. Maybe next week?

Comment

Well we can agree on that today, unfortunately I'm unable to meet you at the valley for pie day. Maybe next week?
                            Okay I did not realize you were that close to home. Maybe some time we can. Can you believe 350 applications for a 35k job? Everyone wants to be a coach except for me. I don't.

Comment

Okay I did not realize you were that close to home. Maybe some time we can. Can you believe 350 applications for a 35k job? Everyone wants to be a coach except for me. I don't.
                              I think we can safely say that if (not saying it should or will) our head coaching position opened up it'd be pretty damn desirable. I've heard the argument more than once about not being able to do better than Stig for several reasons, one of which is the one year contract issue.

SDSU has good things to offer and if we ever need to replace one of our big 3 coaches we will have a pretty good list of candidates.

Comment

if you're within 400 miles of the valley you're close enough.

In the end 35k to get your foot in the door may seem paltry but many successful coaches step up through those ranks. Much like teaching, civil service and serving our country it's not about the money. Now we also must factor cost of living which is very reasonable in Brookings and SD in general when compared to other states and regions. It's not great but these assistant jobs are stepping stones on the way up to other jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X